Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Scotland is first country in the world to make female sanitary products free.

Proposed by SLab and unanimously passed in Holyrood by all political parties.

Credit taken by SNP minority administration.

I read somewhere that not every they is pleased as the free sanitary products are "to benefit girls and women".

What next? Tax payer funded bog roll? After all everyone has to wipe their backside...

Or even free Toothpaste? Actually that would make more sense, better dental hygiene, less demand on the NHS.

The idea of free hygiene kit is great, the reality is that someone somewhere has to pay for it.
Switzerland has SNP toothpaste. :oops:
1606337176811.png
1606337261675.png

I thought that there would be criticism of this announcement

Scotland is first country in the world to make female sanitary products free.

Proposed by SLab and unanimously passed in Holyrood by all political parties.

nothing is free! - we, the taxpayer, are paying for these products and all the other 'free' stuff the SNP gives away like candy - not forgetting the taxpayers in the rest of the UK who give more of their taxes to Scotland than anywhere else - i have no particular issue with this particular issue but it is critical that joe public is educated how so-called free stuff is paid for

nothing is free! - we, the taxpayer, are paying for these products and all the other 'free' stuff the SNP gives away like candy - not forgetting the taxpayers in the rest of the UK who give more of their taxes to Scotland than anywhere else - i have no particular issue with this particular issue but it is critical that joe public is educated how so-called free stuff is paid for
Well given that 43% of adults in the U.K. pay no income tax at all, and assuming it’s the same, if not greater, percentage in Scotland, almost half the population don’t care where the free stuff comes from. They ain’t funding it other than through other more ‘discretionary‘ taxes.

Well given that 43% of adults in the U.K. pay no income tax at all, and assuming it’s the same, if not greater, percentage in Scotland, almost half the population don’t care where the free stuff comes from. They ain’t funding it other than through other more ‘discretionary‘ taxes.

absolutely, what grips my sh"t is that opportunists like queen nicola do not have the decency to explain where the money comes from and the fact that to give away something free you have to either rob peter to pay paul, borrow it and/or tax more