Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Also available on the A30 into Cornwall. English telling fellow English to feck off View attachment 487142

Calling Cornish nationalists "English"? F**x me you haven't spent much time in Kernow. If the Janners track you down you'll end up like the copper in the Wcker Man for comments like that!

MappingBacurau_TheWickerMan_02.jpg

For political point scoring.

Eh? They were responding to direct questions which, if I recall correctly, started with Frau Furious gobbing off about quarantine for the English, under the guise or RUK. Subsequently, SnP MPs have decided to bring it up on their allocated video question.

Eh? They were responding to direct questions which, if I recall correctly, started with Frau Furious gobbing off about quarantine for the English, under the guise or RUK. Subsequently, SnP MPs have decided to bring it up on their allocated video question.

A planted question for political point scoring.
You can see the smirk on Jack's face

A planted question for political point scoring.
You can see the smirk on Jack's face

Yes, and although I dont own a pair of tap dancing shoes, his smirk is truly a thing of beauty. ;) But you cant have failed to see and hear Nikela and her gang upping the anti English rhetoric this last week? Or, did a bunch of Neds suddenly decided to take a drive out to Berwick the day and shout at cars?

Former SNP Jim Sillars don't like your plan
I know someone who hangs on every word from St Nic as pure gospel and won't hear a word against her, yet when I ask the same question of why leave the overseeing of Westminster just to take in the same from Brussels, and have to pay to do so! No reply, no answer, just gets more and more angry, tries to change the subject and shouts when I try to bring the question back.

He has no answer to it so tries to ignore it. It can be quite a bit of fun but I need to take account of his blood pressure!

NHS Louisa Jordan might see some patients after all
Not sure if I'm being particularly thick here and I'm sure if I am I'll be very quickly told but, if hospitals are operating at the moment, albeit in a limited capacity, where would all the staff and surgeons come from? If it's just an exercise to, hopefully, limit the spread of the virus surely transfering the staff from standard hospitals will negate this?

If it's to open to ortho patients (and it doesn't make clear if it's for ops or physio) then where is the physio taking place and again, where are the physio's coming from and for that matter the surgeons and theatre staff?

Not sure if I'm being particularly thick here and I'm sure if I am I'll be very quickly told but, if hospitals are operating at the moment, albeit in a limited capacity, where would all the staff and surgeons come from? If it's just an exercise to, hopefully, limit the spread of the virus surely transfering the staff from standard hospitals will negate this?

If it's to open to ortho patients (and it doesn't make clear if it's for ops or physio) then where is the physio taking place and again, where are the physio's coming from and for that matter the surgeons and theatre staff?

Health care has been much reduced in provision and we are in the process of remobilising services.

By spreading services across more locations you can keep footfall down at each.

Am involved in several locations, one issue we are having is timing of appointments and preventing patients being too close to each other.
Ideal is a one way system.
A facility such as NHS Louisa Jordan with all its space would be ideal.

Last edited:
One of the main reason that health has been much reduced is because it is virtually impossible to see a GP, the first step in getting care. My GP is literally locked down and appointments are only made on emergency cases - everything else is dealt with by a phone call.

GPs refer patients to hospitals, we can't self refer so if people are not seeing GPs then it is unsurprising that work in hospitals is quieter than usual.

Health has been much reduced and we are in the process of remobilising services.

By spreading services across more locations you can keep footfall down at each.

Am involved in several locations, one issue we are having is timing of appointments and preventing patients being too close to each other.
Ideal is a one way system.
A facility such as NHS Louisa Jordan with all its space would be ideal.
So, correct me if I'm wrong:

spreading services reduces footfall at each hospital but doesn't it also increase the risk by spreading contact through an increased estate? All I can see this doing is lowering the risk of infection between the different categories of patients e.g. heart & stroke patients, orthopaedic, day surgery etc

Agree using LJ is a good idea, just not sure from what you've explained it will be used to it's full potential.

Trying very hard not to be negative here.

One of the main reason that health has been much reduced is because it is virtually impossible to see a GP, the first step in getting care. My GP is literally locked down and appointments are only made on emergency cases - everything else is dealt with by a phone call.

GPs refer patients to hospitals, we can't self refer so if people are not seeing GPs then it is unsurprising that work in hospitals is quieter than usual.

There are and have been steady streams of folk visiting GPs as well as GPs out visiting folk.
Admittedly not as many as before.
There has been a huge increase in telephone triaging prior to appointments being deemed necessary but healthcare has been heading that way for a while now.

Hospital services have also been shut down except for emergency cases.

But there have also been a vast reduction of contacts from patients. Some are self caring (things that in granny's and our parents time that would have been dealt with at home have become the remit of health care professionals), folk are not wanting to burden the NHS and folk are scared of catching Covid if sent to a hospital.

Even now, all theatre lists up here are emergency cases only. We have discuss our cases within our department, then present our most pressing to a committee which decides which departments will get how much theatre time and when each day.

So, correct me if I'm wrong:

spreading services reduces footfall at each hospital but doesn't it also increase the risk by spreading contact through an increased estate? All I can see this doing is lowering the risk of infection between the different categories of patients e.g. heart & stroke patients, orthopaedic, day surgery etc

Agree using LJ is a good idea, just not sure from what you've explained it will be used to it's full potential.

Trying very hard not to be negative here.

By putting slightly more folk into a vastly increased estate you reduce the density. It allows you to mainatin more distance even among the same patient group.

We have staff who have been redeployed into various roles as we are not fully working.

Some are acting as glorified bouncers. Manning doorways, ensuring patients entering health premises are given correct masks, hand gelling directing them to correct waiting areas, ensuring that they follow one way systems etc.
Others have been given roles as domestics. Where a clinic may have only been cleaned at end of day, they now have a cleaner permanently going around disinfecting everywhere, some items such as door handles getting wiped after every patient.

it is unlikely the LJ will be used to full potential but it was designed to cope with mass casualties of a specific type and we are looking to just get some use out of it.