Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Go on, go on, go on, go on.....

It’s an eye opening experience, the shrill, shrieking language and hyper hatred for each other is shocking. Makes Old Firm fans look like Sunday School pupils, I’ve not seen such irrational hatred since the last weeks of the indyref campaign.
Have you got a link to a starting point, just something to wet the appetite, as it were?

Well i can absolutely confirm to queen nicola that the scottish lockdown is now well and truly over and the people are now doing their own thing - over the last 2 days on my walks and cycles along the nearby canal the place is now mobbed with many people walking, cycling, fishing, canoeing, paddling, drinking (saw a few totally stoned young lads who could barely stand last night plus this morning at 0600 2 guys drinking tinnies!), picnicing, playing - most dont even bother giving you any social distance when your passing them - young woman are now out in their droves with their chebs hanging out (very nice!), young couples cant take their hands off each other, gangs of kids and youths are making no pretense of obeying any rules and obviously their parents arent doing anything to control them - the genie is out the bottle, it is absolutely crazy and a disgrace for queen nicola to keep the schools off until august when englands go back on monday and its well past the time for businesses of every type to sensibly re-open.

Mark my words Queen Nicola, you cannot unleash the population and leave them to twiddle their thumbs! all sorts of mischief will occur and indeed has started already - stop being a prick and start to actually lead!! the Scottish economy and its people need clear direction, leadership and most importantly a common mission statement to start to address the financial disaster that has just hit us.

Re schools, Scottish schools start their summer hols much earlier than England so getting back before the holidays is not practical.

What I don't understand is why, after two+ months away from school there has to be an extended sumer holiday anyway. Couple of weeks for staff to set up new procedures then crack on would be the best thing for kid's education. But no! They must have seven weeks holiday and can't be changed. Absolute Bollox!

Well i can absolutely confirm to queen nicola that the scottish lockdown is now well and truly over and the people are now doing their own thing - over the last 2 days on my walks and cycles along the nearby canal the place is now mobbed with many people walking, cycling, fishing, canoeing, paddling, drinking (saw a few totally stoned young lads who could barely stand last night plus this morning at 0600 2 guys drinking tinnies!), picnicing, playing - most dont even bother giving you any social distance when your passing them - young woman are now out in their droves with their chebs hanging out (very nice!), young couples cant take their hands off each other, gangs of kids and youths are making no pretense of obeying any rules and obviously their parents arent doing anything to control them - the genie is out the bottle, it is absolutely crazy and a disgrace for queen nicola to keep the schools off until august when englands go back on monday and its well past the time for businesses of every type to sensibly re-open.

Mark my words Queen Nicola, you cannot unleash the population and leave them to twiddle their thumbs! all sorts of mischief will occur and indeed has started already - stop being a prick and start to actually lead!! the Scottish economy and its people need clear direction, leadership and most importantly a common mission statement to start to address the financial disaster that has just hit us.
Point of reference
caledonian crinin forth + clyde or the old union +monklands canal...

Re schools, Scottish schools start their summer hols much earlier than England so getting back before the holidays is not practical.

What I don't understand is why, after two+ months away from school there has to be an extended sumer holiday anyway. Couple of weeks for staff to set up new procedures then crack on would be the best thing for kid's education. But no! They must have seven weeks holiday and can't be changed. Absolute Bollox!

What he said.

Chatting to a couple of local mums and dads, on my walk around the neighbourhood, they are saying the same thing. They are also saying that it is bad enough with the current education system but there are going to be so many left behind, again.

It's all to do with pay and conditions. And you are assuming they have been doing foxtrot alpha all this time which is not true. What you want them to do is essentially work for free - not a concept that most would rush to embrace if they were the ones affected.

Still, on the bright side, the Sainted Nicola will soon be resuming her French lessons, if she hasn't already stopped.
I understand she is a cunning linguist already

If the papers were really really bored, could they snap a picture or two of someone entering or leaving a location that isn't a family or official residence….
After all the hullabaloo about a spad, surely a discrete liaison dangerous would sell out…..

It's all to do with pay and conditions. And you are assuming they have been doing foxtrot alpha all this time which is not true. What you want them to do is essentially work for free - not a concept that most would rush to embrace if they were the ones affected.
With the amount of time off the teachers get, paid BTW, they can class this as pay back time. Some terachers have been working from home online but many others haven't. With the exceptional circumstances I think the teachers could easily work those few extra weeks. No need for extra pay as they are being paid anyway.

I once worked out my teacher brother's time at work and with breaks mid morning, lunch, afternoon and away between 3.30 and 4 pm his hours at work equated to a part time worker. And don't get me on about tghose that take work home. There is no reason why they can't do that at school after the kids have gone home leaving at a normal working time of 5.30-6 pm. Most of the teachers that do work at home do so because they can't wait to get out of the school gates.

Sorry, but while I would never be a teacher myself, they are not exactly hard done to with hours and pay!

With the amount of time off the teachers get, paid BTW, they can class this as pay back time. Some terachers have been working from home online but many others haven't. With the exceptional circumstances I think the teachers could easily work those few extra weeks. No need for extra pay as they are being paid anyway.

I once worked out my teacher brother's time at work and with breaks mid morning, lunch, afternoon and away between 3.30 and 4 pm his hours at work equated to a part time worker. And don't get me on about tghose that take work home. There is no reason why they can't do that at school after the kids have gone home leaving at a normal working time of 5.30-6 pm. Most of the teachers that do work at home do so because they can't wait to get out of the school gates.

Sorry, but while I would never be a teacher myself, they are not exactly hard done to with hours and pay!

We had acquaintances, both were teachers, at the local rugby club. One night myself, my mum and dad and a few others were enjoying a quite night chatting and couple of beers when they decided to join us. Things were going well until Mrs Acquaintance started gobbing off about the hours, the pay and having to especially going through uni etc. We all sat there nodding and saying "Yes" at the appropriate moment but she would not stop about going to Uni to be a teacher.

After about 20 minutes of her droning on and on my dad being his usual self said, very loudly,

"That is all very interesting. Did you know I have more letters after my name than you have in yours".

The whole table and the neighbouring tables erupted in laughter.

With that she her slammed her drink down and saying, "Come on, we are leaving".

It is a job that you either succeed in or sink like a stone..
Scottish education is a shadow of its former self, under the current regime there has been small successes with larger step backs. New technology helps those who need help assistance to learn, the tablet distribution does work. Imparting knowledge can be two fold for both the teacher and pupils.
One of those jobs that fits into the "civvies with power " bit like AR officers who go on tour or go regular…..