Scottish Politics Thread

Even the Glasgow Batwoman film is a no goer. You know who must be devastated, it was going to be another jewel in the Scottish Crown (Now a crown of many thorns)

• It's emerged council officials provided production company with a £150,000 grant to tempt them into city . Today, the authority insisted the movie had generated a 'very significant' economic benefit for the city despite never seeing the light of day.

• It's emerged council officials provided production company with a £150,000 grant to tempt them into city . Today, the authority insisted the movie had generated a 'very significant' economic benefit for the city despite never seeing the light of day.

Strange that - I was on jury duty in Glasgow during its filming and large sections of the city in/around George Square were repeatably shut off over a number of weeks to businesses and people. On the jury there was a young lad who was a Chef in a posh restaurant (Browns) on George Square who lost work/shifts/wages due to these shut downs

Even the Glasgow Batwoman film is a no goer. You know who must be devastated, it was going to be another jewel in the Scottish Crown (Now a crown of many thorns)
I think the new bat woman super villain "Gnarley Quim" may have been involved:

1659627293820.png

I think the new bat woman super villain "Gnarley Quim" may have been involved:

1659627293820-png.682967

My Goodness. Falling into that vat of corrosive chemicals did her no favours!

Probably didn't do too much for the chemicals, either. I hear fluoroantimonic acid is throwing a right paddy after being ousted as the most acidic substance known to mankind.

Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That will start the Nats panicking and more accusations of bullying by Westminster. The next Scottish questions in the House should be interesting.
I think the first PMQ's that Liz Truss gives will be be very very interesting ... I shall certainly be watching .

I genuinely think that this, or something similar, is a fantastic idea and long overdue! It should have been a fundamental element of Devolution from the start for the Big Hoose to carry out an overwatch of the Wee Hoose and I fully believe that the maintenance and due diligence of the Barnett formula funding from the RoTUK justifies the Scottish Govt of the day receiving such scrutiny away from their personal fiefdom.

Apart from being disastrous, Devolution has demonstrated deep flaws in its construct that should be rectified to improve it - for example, it was allegedly deliberately designed by that wakner Blair so that no one party would have overall control which has clearly failed demonstrating that the Scottish electoral system is wrong. Also, it was never envisaged that the ruling party would impregnate the Police, judiciary, Media and major institutions so deeply to avoid scrutiny

NB - in the para above I'm being a bit cynical because Blair thought that he'd constructed a permanent Labour voting base, he just never suspected that all those Labour supporters would become SNP Mongs

Strange that - I was on jury duty in Glasgow during its filming and large sections of the city in/around George Square were repeatably shut off over a number of weeks to businesses and people. On the jury there was a young lad who was a Chef in a posh restaurant (Browns) on George Square who lost work/shifts/wages due to these shut downs
Apparently they filmed World War Z in Glasgow as it saved on make up for the zombies.

Latest Threads