Scottish Politics Thread

shellbackmac

War Hero
That's how I understand it. So what the hell is going on up there?
Unionist vote split three ways in every election the main cause, SNP comes through the middle in the majority of seats. And lots of gullible folk do really believe in Nirvana-on-Clyde.

And then saying if they don’t get it they will run their next U.K. General Election on the basis of independence. Forgive me but she has been doing this de facto for her whole time in post (and still didn’t get a majority).

I think she knows this is the last throw of the dice, she’s not expecting to get the go ahead from the U.K. Supreme Court as it’s already in legislation that the Section 30 is out of her hands but will get a good bit of grievance mongering on the go to hide the many failures.

I genuinely wonder if this is an insight that she already doesn’t expect to win the Scottish vote in the next GE and will use it to stand down as the longest serving FM as she only sees herself in the top job and couldn’t be in opposition as in her eyes she’s too good for that, or she won’t have the control of the narrative.

It has also shown clearly that the Lord Advocates position has been politicised with control of decisions lying with the incumbent SG (something particularly concerning) as I can’t see how the current U.K. law can be challenged as it will have been drafted to avoid this sort of scenario.
if she truely wanted it she would be calling for a ballot on both sides of the border,just for shits and giggles i wish BJ would say yes then go on telly the night before and point out
Not using the pound
Have to pay share of national debt
No bank of UK plc bail outs
Block any move to join Nato if faslane coulport lossie etc go
Uk HMF only responing to outside threats if tasked by nato
Very HARD border with RE blowng roads and bridges etc

TBH i wished we had stayed in the EU just to blackball them come the day

if she truely wanted it she would be calling for a ballot on both sides of the border,just for shits and giggles i wish BJ would say yes then go on telly the night before and point out

.... and a new lock here in the gate at Hexpethgate on the border fence North West of Windy Gyle , my Avatar , and The Cheviot and of course a couple of squaddies on guard ... it can be quite nice in the Summer ... all those who have trained in the Otterburn Training Area will know that is normally one day in the year .... pic taken in June ...

Hexpethgate.jpg

.... and a new lock here in the gate at Hexpethgate on the border fence North West of Windy Gyle , my Avatar , and The Cheviot and of course a couple of squaddies on guard ... it can be quite nice in the Summer ... all those who have trained in the Otterburn Training Area will know that is normally one day in the year .... pic taken in June ...

View attachment 673593

This year it was nice? Do you remember was it this century or the last one?

This year it was nice? Do you remember was it this century or the last one?

Oh it has definitely been like that this century ... perhaps not in June ... as a self confessed old f+rt I may have become a little confused as to the month Hi Hi .

I’d be all for Scottish Independence if it meant that the money shutters came down and there was no income from Westminster, but we all know that whatever happens, Scotland will be subsidised by the remainder of the UK in many forms.

Forrest Gump

Old-Salt
When is someone going to ask. ……

How long will it take to set up the organs of a Scottish state and how much will it cost?
So a Scottish Central Bank, FO, DWP, MOD, DVLA, DVSA, Passport Office and all the others?
What currency shall we use, who will be the Head of State?
Where will the Scottish RMAS, BRNC and Cranwell be?
Who will pay my State Pension and how much will it be? Who will pay MOD and other state occupational pensions?

None of these things are clear and SHE wants an indyref in just over 12 months!
Lotta people think this mate…jus hope it derails before that eh.

Not using the pound
Have to pay share of national debt
No bank of UK plc bail outs
Block any move to join Nato if faslane coulport lossie etc go
Uk HMF only responing to outside threats if tasked by nato

The really tricky bit is everyone's internet and telephone, almost everything goes back to docklands before it goes anywhere else. Scotland would never be able to afford setting up an independent infrastructure.

Setting up their own currency, but having to pay for the critical national infrastructure in a foreign currency won't end well. Assuming that the ducts are not cut.

IIRC growing up in an Empire Colony, Central Africa, to be circumspect there were no other residents who were more Scottish than the Scots ---- Caledonian Clubs abounded, as did pipe bands but no-one slagged the English as it's done now in actual Scotland

my experience is that it is mostly espoused within the thicko SNP cult bubbles - they feel the need to outdo each others hatred of the English to try to be more 'Scottish' - if you ever ask them why they hate the English, they never have a coherent answer other than Toary, Thatcher, Boris or at a stretch 'stolen oil'

That's how I understand it. So what the hell is going on up there?

what you are seeing down there is carefully co-ordinated soundbites from the SNP controlled media - up here, I've genuinely not heard a peep about this announcement from any of my work colleagues and most people are completely ignoring it!

- you have to remember, we are so used to the screaming 2 year old SNP toddlers having their Tantrums that most of us no longer hear it or pay any attention as it is just noise

- sadly, Scottish Tory, Labour and Limp Dems are mind numbingly soulless, crap, devoid of an ounce of competence or character and thus basically invisible to the electorate as they offer nothing - meanwhile the same lunatics who vote SNP continue to do so and thats how the SNP retain power with minority public support.

I don't blame the SNP, they really cant help themselves as they are deluded loons but, I do blame Ross and Sarwar for being completely useless cnuts of the highest order who year after year fail to work together in the national interest and continue to contest constituencies where one of them could win and thus split the vote allowing the SNP an easy path to victory

Latest Threads