Scottish Politics Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wish they would audit them, it would be very interesting to see the result but I wonder if any potential criminality could or would be pursued.
It would have to be an audit run by Westminster and published by Westminster, otherwise all we would get is page after page of black blocks over Redacted material!

Looks like ‘Fingers’ has put pen to paper but tries to pass the buck to civil servants - a recurring theme in sticky SG situations and investigations into wrongdoing.

‘In it he explains he was first aware of the issue over the financial guarantees following the selection of Ferguson as the preferred bidder, which was at the end of August 2015
He said he saw the detail of the issue in a submission to him on 8 October 2015.
Mr Mackay goes on to say that the recommendation in the submission from government agency Transport Scotland was "to proceed to contract award".
He said he had confidence in the recommendation but appreciated that risks had been identified and understood to be resolved.’

I read that Scottish finance secretary suggesting the £41 million pounds that hasn't been issued as it should, have been, could be used for public sector pay rises 8-O

are Westminster never going to audit them?
Right, is she really that stupid? In the following year where would she get the money to pay for the new higher salaries (and pensions)/ I don't think £600k (if they found it again) would cover it.

I wish they would audit them, it would be very interesting to see the result but I wonder if any potential criminality could or would be pursued.
‘The Accountant’ is the man for the job.
What happened to all the cash SNP Gov used to give to local councils to cover the council tax freeze?
Did it come from UK Gov?

eta ant

Last edited:

exsniffer

War Hero
Right, is she really that stupid? In the following year where would she get the money to pay for the new higher salaries (and pensions)/ I don't think £600k (if they found it again) would cover it.
Yes

I am not sure she thinks as far as one year ahead.

If it did not cover the following year she can always blame Westminster for cruelly denying the funds thereby causing starvation amongst Scots children

shellbackmac

War Hero
I noticed in Stirling that there are signs advising of a march today. Lo and behold, it's AUOB "ALL UNDER ONE BRAIN", marching to celebrate the anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn (never mind the numpties are a day late with their anniversary). Nothing like relevance to todays world. I wonder if the clown with the loudspeaker will be at the front, tempting soft No voters with his "Shove yir f**kin' Union up yir a*se" chants?

I noticed in Stirling that there are signs advising of a march today. Lo and behold, it's AUOB "ALL UNDER ONE BRAIN", marching to celebrate the anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn (never mind the numpties are a day late with their anniversary). Nothing like relevance to todays world. I wonder if the clown with the loudspeaker will be at the front, tempting soft No voters with his "Shove yir f**kin' Union up yir a*se" chants?
200-400 at the best, led by AAC band. If it wasn’t for the Saltires you would be forgiven for mistaking it for a weight watchers’s ‘don’t give up’ march.
Highlight was the last man on the march sporting the Union Flag - no fear

eta
PS Faslane - Sat 30 Jul: The fight for Independence is on!

Last edited:

Made to fall on his sword…… but probably only temporarily until the dust settles, nothing to see move along? Will this get the ‘Lard of the Isles’ off the hook?

‘An SNP spokesman said: "Patrick Grady is stepping away from his party membership while the police inquiry continues."’

After which time he will reflect, lessons will have been learned, deeply sorry etc etc - but back full time to the trough.

Made to fall on his sword…… but probably only temporarily until the dust settles, nothing to see move along? Will this get the ‘Lard of the Isles’ off the hook?

I would say it makes fatties position even more untenable.

I doubt the sex past is giving up SNP membership, in light of a Police Investigation, if he thought he was innocent of sex pestery.

I would say it makes fatties position even more untenable.

I doubt the sex past is giving up SNP membership, in light of a Police Investigation, if he thought he was innocent of sex pestery.
Or a ruse to take the heat off him while leaving the door open for Grady to return to the fold once the Police investigation is completed if possible - a win win for them.

Or a ruse to take the heat off him while leaving the door open for Grady to return to the fold once the Police investigation is completed if possible - a win win for them.

Entirely possible

The spanner in the works might be, it is not Polis Scotland not carrying out the investigation.

‘An SNP spokesman said: "Patrick Grady is stepping away from his party membership while the police inquiry continues."’

After which time he will reflect, lessons will have been learned, deeply sorry etc etc - but back full time to the trough.
Police involvement will give them breathing space.
SNP cop out #6 - We cannot comment while there is an ongoing police investigation.
Blackpudding will manage to include himself into this wall of silence.
What is it they have on each other - a crime committed that binds them together or the proof the independence movement is a money making exercise for the chosen ones?

Blackford, Read this on Twitter:

“The laird o’ Cockpen, he’s proud an’ he’s great,His mind is ta’en up wi’ the things o’ the State;
Anyone who has read this great Scottish poem automatically has a picture of a pompous bombastic fat guy who’s waistcoat buttons are in danger of flying off and hitting passers by.”

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Not on his sword fully, more onto a (pink) dagger. He is not standing down as an MP so will continue to pick up his salary and vote with SNP. he Is 'stepping away' from the SNP so they don't have to suspend him and back he comes after a few months unannounced as a member of SNP.

This is pure smoke and mirrors and I hope they are called out for this, loudly and often.

Oh no fatties just took the bait and is going to wriggle big time

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oh no fatties just took the bait and is going to wriggle big time
Oh dear!

How really really sad

Still. Never mind! :)

He is just a poor crofter after all. I hope he doesn't feel obliged to copy his constituency predecessor when under pressure, pressure Fatty has been accused of providing.

Oh dear!

How really really sad

Still. Never mind! :)

He is just a poor crofter after all. I hope he doesn't feel obliged to copy his constituency predecessor when under pressure, pressure Fatty has been accused of providing.
He may be "A crofter" but I'd love to see him hiking across the Southern Uplands in the middle of February and it sleeting down, 50 mph gale blowing while he puts the sheep back into the barn before going back out to pick up the stray wee lamb. The feck would probably be shacked up in a luxurious pad paid for by UK, ALL UK taxpayers. The fat feckin' no-mark bastit. :):)

He may be "A crofter" but I'd love to see him hiking across the Southern Uplands in the middle of February and it sleeting down, 50 mph gale blowing while he puts the sheep back into the barn before going back out to pick up the stray wee lamb. The feck would probably be shacked up in a luxurious pad paid for by UK, ALL UK taxpayers. The fat feckin' no-mark bastit. :):)
Don’t hold back and sit on the fence, tell us what you really think.