Scottish Politics Thread

“Last night the Scottish Government claimed it was “not necessary” to carry out a full due diligence process into the companies because the MoU did not commit Scotland to a formal contract with the potential investors.”

That should read: ‘we couldn’t be bothered with due diligence 
beacuse we don’t understand the process, it’s a posh thing that English snobs like Boris learn at Eaton.’

1655919486682.png

seat_sniffer2

War Hero
Yet it’s OK in D&G for SL and SNP to team up in order to freeze out SC&UP who won the most seats but not a majority.
It was the Conservatives that Salmond sided with at Holyrood a few years back - no doubt they can’t recognise that characterisation, it was further back than tea break.
Ah collective - 'no recollection' Maybe they should translate that into Latin and stick it onto the Gnats (Greens & Nats) flag as a battle honour?

Blackford should be asked what choice he has made: heating or eating.

Probably making sure they skim some of that off the top for Indy…… but it’s all Westminster’s fault - if the Toooaaarrriiees gave them more levers of power etc etc.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Probably making sure they skim some of that off the top for Indy…… but it’s all Westminster’s fault - if the Toooaaarrriiees gave them more levers of power etc etc.
To be fair to ScotGov, this really is Westminster's fault; giving Scotland loads of money then asking ScotGov to make decisions is just cruel!

It’s not really a good day for Nicoliar or the SG…..

But, but one force will save money and we will boost officer numbers - not really working out is it.

“He also said he does not consider the pro-independence majority formed by the SNP and Greens at Holyrood as a mandate for another referendum because "less than a third of the electorate" voted for Ms Sturgeon's party.
Mr Jack added: "My advice to her is to get on with the priorities of the Scottish people.
"Improve education standards, deal with the NHS backlog after Covid, build some ferries for the Highlands and islands, sort out the record drug deaths in Scotland.
"That is what people want her to do, that is what she was elected to do".

Now if this was any other party the SNP would be wailing for heads to roll…… yet as Sarwar said in the shortbread senate today the SNP have created a situation where they cannot be questioned and hide behind ‘legal’ clauses. In this case employment law even though a professor at Edinburgh or Glasgow Uni who studied law with Nicoliar said there was no reason for this.

She now has until Tuesday to deflect and ignore. I think it’s time for the U.K. Gov to use Parliamentary Privilege to start airing the Scottish Governments (Assembly) washing publicly.

What caught my eye in this hilarious article was...
"...the embarrassing incident prompted an apology from officials, with the city's mayor and other leaders bowing in apology to residents."

I would like to see Nichola-san and some of her SamurAYE bowing deeply to me, and other tax payers, for the Ferries, Prestwick, etc - perhaps that free slot on the TV, now that COVID is over?

Last edited:
I read that Scottish finance secretary suggesting the £41 million pounds that hasn't been issued as it should, have been, could be used for public sector pay rises 8-O

are Westminster never going to audit them?

I read that Scottish finance secretary suggesting the £41 million pounds that hasn't been issued as it should, have been, could be used for public sector pay rises 8-O

are Westminster never going to audit them?
I wish they would audit them, it would be very interesting to see the result but I wonder if any potential criminality could or would be pursued.

Latest Threads