Scottish Politics Thread

As somebody already has pointed out, smoke and mirrors.

Firstly as they will be in control of what ‘evidence’ is released to any ‘enquiry’ team; without even saying who this ‘independent team’ will be never mind their legal powers or how they are chosen. It’s a piss poor attempt to show that the SG are squeaky clean and transparent with allegations of wrongdoing against them.

Secondly, as alluded to by ‘The Scotsman’ it’ll give them a chance to have a another bite a Salmond if they are hard/stupid enough (delete as applicable) which means they will.

The only way to have an ‘independent’ enquiry would be to pay to have a Police force or similar from England to provide an enquiry team given Scottish powers for both civil and criminal allegations to investigate anything to do with the shitshow that is Holyrood and the Scottish Executive, I mean ‘Government’.

The Alex Salmond enquiry and SG enquiry thereafter is case in point. There is no way a proper enquiry could be conducted by anyone in Scotland without it being tainted or controlled by the SNP/Scottish Government……..

Nicoliar is obviously still scared of Salmond and the damage he could cause, that much is clear much as I think he’s finished.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The fat one obviously has something damaging on the wee gremlin to make them go after him again with new and improved rules...

The mind, if allowed, would boggle...

JB

Civil wars are always filled with hatred among the antagonists

mrboo

LE
Civil wars are always filled with hatred among the antagonists
Civil war ? when your sister is in charge of health care. Got to laugh

Snap 2022-01-15 at 13.32.32.png

As somebody already has pointed out, smoke and mirrors.

Firstly as they will be in control of what ‘evidence’ is released to any ‘enquiry’ team; without even saying who this ‘independent team’ will be never mind their legal powers or how they are chosen. It’s a piss poor attempt to show that the SG are squeaky clean and transparent with allegations of wrongdoing against them.

Secondly, as alluded to by ‘The Scotsman’ it’ll give them a chance to have a another bite a Salmond if they are hard/stupid enough (delete as applicable) which means they will.

The only way to have an ‘independent’ enquiry would be to pay to have a Police force or similar from England to provide an enquiry team given Scottish powers for both civil and criminal allegations to investigate anything to do with the shitshow that is Holyrood and the Scottish Executive, I mean ‘Government’.

The Alex Salmond enquiry and SG enquiry thereafter is case in point. There is no way a proper enquiry could be conducted by anyone in Scotland without it being tainted or controlled by the SNP/Scottish Government……..

Nicoliar is obviously still scared of Salmond and the damage he could cause, that much is clear much as I think he’s finished.
As the enquiry last March into wether Sturgeon misled the Scottish Parliament showed, the SNP can stage manage a show trial that would make any Politburo proud.

Gabion Groyne

War Hero
The stretch between Ballachulish and Fort William is the worst for accidents. About 15-20 years ago a document was produced (I think by Transport Scotland) for a 25 year plan to upgrade and improve the A82 along its entire length, but apart from removing the bottleneck at Pulpit Rock on Loch Lomond and the Crianlarich by-pass, nothing of any significance has been done. Even the 'new' section from Arden to Tarbet is showing signs of age and has regular fatal accidents.

Unfortunately all they'll probably do, as they did on the A85 and elsewhere, is slap average speed cameras on it, ruining it for everyone, and say, "Look what we did." No road improvements and massive construction costs to appease the Greens, but an extremely small spend and still an 18th century road network.

Old and Grumpy

War Hero
The stretch between Ballachulish and Fort William is the worst for accidents. About 15-20 years ago a document was produced (I think by Transport Scotland) for a 25 year plan to upgrade and improve the A82 along its entire length, but apart from removing the bottleneck at Pulpit Rock on Loch Lomond and the Crianlarich by-pass, nothing of any significance has been done. Even the 'new' section from Arden to Tarbet is showing signs of age and has regular fatal accidents.

Unfortunately all they'll probably do, as they did on the A85 and elsewhere, is slap average speed cameras on it, ruining it for everyone, and say, "Look what we did." No road improvements and massive construction costs to appease the Greens, but an extremely small spend and still an 18th century road network.
They couldn't upgrade the Loch Lomond road where it it too narrow for 2 coaches or lorries to pass each other because it would have meant cutting down some trees in the National park - a few small scrub birch and oak trees are much more important than peoples lives according to those we vote into office.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The infamous A82 is included on tonight’s Panorama:

Britain's most dangerous roads Britain's most dangerous roads

The A82 is a motorway compared to some of the roads up North.

Gabion Groyne

War Hero
The A82 is a motorway compared to some of the roads up North.

Part of the problem is tourists not knowing how to drive a single track road where passing places are to be used for vehicles going in either direction.

Don't get me started on camper bloody vans.

The FM never left Scotland, she stayed at home. It must be true - the Scottish Government said: "The First Minister was not in Portugal over new year and any claim to the contrary is untrue."

The FM never left Scotland, she stayed at home. It must be true - the Scottish Government said: "The First Minister was not in Portugal over new year and any claim to the contrary is untrue."

1642452312462.gif

I plied the A82, A85, and A9 for years in all weathers ( provided the Pass gates were open of course) for my work.
I had a few "moments" when I had to allow for others' stupidity but no more dodgy or dangerous than urban driving. There really is not such thing as a "most dangerous" road.

All roads are fine...until used by motorists / steering wheel operators who think they are "drivers". There is a big difference. And, sorry to say, foreign tourists at the tiller of their first right hand drive hired vehicle etc.
Pot bellied "born again" bikers who can barely straddle their Baby Boomer "big bikes" trying to re-live 'ol 70's days are a menace. Many are simply just not fit enough to do it.

You see them gathering at venues like the Green Welly getting ready to cause havoc in groups...just by being in groups. Arrogance & safety in numbers. Again turning a safe route to the Great Glens into a dangerous cake mix.
I've watched it for years.

After that, it's just the usual cliche shitfest of really bad drivers in hired motorhomes who are pretty clueless about the basic rules of Passing Places...or just do not care. That's when the dodgy Russian Roulette overtaking kicks off. Sooner or later...someone cops it.

Then they all vanish at dark, and the roads become....just roads.

Last edited:
I plied the A82, A85, and A9 for years in all weathers ( provided the Pass gates were open of course) for my work.
I had a few "moments" when I had to allow for others' stupidity but no more dodgy or dangerous than urban driving. There really is not such thing as a "most dangerous" road.

All roads are fine...until used by motorists / steering wheel operators who think they are "drivers". There is a big difference. And, sorry to say, foreign tourists at the tiller of their first right hand drive hired vehicle etc.
Pot bellied "born again" bikers who can barely straddle their Baby Boomer "big bikes" trying to re-live 'ol 70's days are a menace. Many are simply just not fit enough to do it.

You see them gathering at venues like the Green Welly getting ready to cause havoc in groups...just by being in groups. Arrogance & safety in numbers. Again turning a safe route to the Great Glens into a dangerous cake mix.
I've watched it for years.

After that, it's just the usual cliche shitfest of really bad drivers in hired motorhomes who are pretty clueless about the basic rules of Passing Places...or just do not care. That's when the dodgy Russian Roulette overtaking kicks off. Sooner or later...someone cops it.

Then they all vanish at dark, and the roads become....just roads.
There is much truth in what you say, but as for there being "no such thing as a most dangerous road", some roads do have disproportionate accident rates.

Latest Threads