Scottish Politics Thread

I seem to remember the ones arriving in the 90's being put into the Red Road flats in Glasgow.
Many of them suddenly had a hankering for their former lands and left.
The red road and sight hill flats were at one point a quick fix solution that led to every tower block in Glasgow being a solution

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Goodness I’m really surprised that on hearing the news that Her Mamminess was to broadcast to us that you were not on the fastest jet back!

Quite happy in Covid free territory, thank you.

Enjoy your masks and social distancing.

:)

Huzzah for Omicron it means we get back the Chief Mammy’s Propaganda broadcast!

I glazed over and started drooling when I heard her dulcet tones on the idiot box earlier. Was anything actually decided regarding the moronic strain or was it just another typical occasion of her pontificating from her pulpit?

Quite - not an idiot but a liar (on more than on level)…….. wonder how all those Indy supporters who were sucked in by the ‘both votes SNP’ for another referendum and ignore the ALBA party are feeling.

I can’t see how even the thickest most ardent Indy supporters can’t see they’ve been sold down the river and blatantly lied to by Sturgeon and the SNP in this respect………. Then again…….

Diogenes' limp

War Hero
If only that were a competent motion I am sure that it would receive unanimous support from all the main stream politicians in the house. The man is a total plonker.....
but very good at his job ----- His job is to be odious and divisive and, arguably, he is the only SNP politician recognisably good at their job. There you have it Blackford as the quintessence of SNP achievement.

Mind you, on a dull day, I have an image of the kilt wearing Lard being caught outside in storm Arwen winds and speculating over how far he would be rolled and how many innocent buildings would be bulldozed by his progress. Something to do with the 'bloviating' connection and hard wearing tweeds I suppose.

but very good at his job ----- His job is to be odious and divisive and, arguably, he is the only SNP politician recognisably good at their job. There you have it Blackford as the quintessence of SNP achievement.

Mind you, on a dull day, I have an image of the kilt wearing Lard being caught outside in storm Arwen winds and speculating over how far he would be rolled and how many innocent buildings would be bulldozed by his progress. Something to do with the 'bloviating' connection and hard wearing tweeds I suppose.
No wind is that strong

“Council refuses to quiz children on sex
A local education department is refusing to distribute a Scottish government questionnaire that asks pupils about their sex lives.
Pupils aged 14 and over are being asked about their sexual relationships, drinking, smoking and drug-taking habits in a health and wellbeing census.
One question for pupils from S4 to S6 says: “People have varying degrees of sexual experience. How much, if any, sexual experience have you had?” The multiple choice answers include oral sex, vaginal and **** sex.
Secondary school pupils are also being asked how old they were when they first had sex and about the methods of contraception they use.
West Lothian council has refused to issue the questionnaire, which it said “brought up significant concerns”.
Parents and others voiced their concerns on social media. One woman tweeted: “Scotgov are out of order asking for personal intimate info from children — adults wouldn’t answer these questions — it’s private info.”
Others disagreed, with one user saying that “teenagers, even those underage, have sex . . . pretending it doesn’t happen helps no one”.
Jo Bisset, of the parents’ group UFT Scotland, which campaigns against the enforcement of mask-wearing and other Covid-19 measures in schools, said that the Scottish government’s “desire to force kids into growing up too quickly” was “puzzling”.
Meghan Gallacher, children and young people spokeswoman for the Scottish Conservatives, said: “Parents will be questioning the appropriateness of the topics aimed at relatively young children. Parents know best about the emotional maturity of their child and may prefer to discuss sensitive subjects like drugs or sex at home.”
Questions about sex, relationships and drugs are directed to teenagers in S4 and above, while those on alcohol and tobacco are given to pupils in S2 and above.
Children in the final three years of primary school are being asked about their sleep patterns, social media, body image, bullying, health, physical activity and wellbeing.
The Scottish government said: “The census is providing information about the health and wellbeing of children and young people to help improve support. While the government has worked with stakeholders to design a set of questionnaires, it is for local authorities to determine which questions they ask. Parents and carers can opt out from their child taking part.”
West Lothian council said: “We carried out a review of the proposed survey and this brought up some significant concerns. We have advised the government we will not issue it to West Lothian young people in its current format.”

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
“Council refuses to quiz children on sex
A local education department is refusing to distribute a Scottish government questionnaire that asks pupils about their sex lives.
Pupils aged 14 and over are being asked about their sexual relationships, drinking, smoking and drug-taking habits in a health and wellbeing census.
One question for pupils from S4 to S6 says: “People have varying degrees of sexual experience. How much, if any, sexual experience have you had?” The multiple choice answers include oral sex, vaginal and **** sex.
Secondary school pupils are also being asked how old they were when they first had sex and about the methods of contraception they use.
West Lothian council has refused to issue the questionnaire, which it said “brought up significant concerns”.
Parents and others voiced their concerns on social media. One woman tweeted: “Scotgov are out of order asking for personal intimate info from children — adults wouldn’t answer these questions — it’s private info.”
Others disagreed, with one user saying that “teenagers, even those underage, have sex . . . pretending it doesn’t happen helps no one”.
Jo Bisset, of the parents’ group UFT Scotland, which campaigns against the enforcement of mask-wearing and other Covid-19 measures in schools, said that the Scottish government’s “desire to force kids into growing up too quickly” was “puzzling”.
Meghan Gallacher, children and young people spokeswoman for the Scottish Conservatives, said: “Parents will be questioning the appropriateness of the topics aimed at relatively young children. Parents know best about the emotional maturity of their child and may prefer to discuss sensitive subjects like drugs or sex at home.”
Questions about sex, relationships and drugs are directed to teenagers in S4 and above, while those on alcohol and tobacco are given to pupils in S2 and above.
Children in the final three years of primary school are being asked about their sleep patterns, social media, body image, bullying, health, physical activity and wellbeing.
The Scottish government said: “The census is providing information about the health and wellbeing of children and young people to help improve support. While the government has worked with stakeholders to design a set of questionnaires, it is for local authorities to determine which questions they ask. Parents and carers can opt out from their child taking part.”
West Lothian council said: “We carried out a review of the proposed survey and this brought up some significant concerns. We have advised the government we will not issue it to West Lothian young people in its current format.”

Good!