Scottish Politics Thread

Not seen on here, apologies if I've missed it:

Beats me why the Scottish government would be even close to competent enough to decide Grampians requirements when their experts have already made that decision!

Methinks a wee bit of politics coming into play, politics and timing!

Diogenes' limp

Old-Salt
I don't recall the last bit of your post as we were bussed (on three tonners) back to Kirknewton at the end of the day. The 'grateful' Glasgow Corporation gave all soldiers involved in the clear-up a coffee mug celebrating Glasgow's 900th anniversary and a miniature of whisky. Wow!

The Jocks had a great time slinging muck about and trying to see who knocked off the most rats in a day!
Unfortunately the owner of the story, a VM SNCO detached from Warminster with a section to keep the trucks rolling is no longer with us, but there are two things about it that can be taken as a given.

Firstly no experience he told in story form ever escaped without embellishment and secondly, a devoted Cold War Warrior he could find a lock-in in Salt Lake City on the Sabbath!

So if Weegie hospitality was about, he'd have found it. Vague recollection that they billeted in a TA drill Hall, but no idea which one.
RIP A(Y)E.

Not seen on here, apologies if I've missed it:

Beats me why the Scottish government would be even close to competent enough to decide Grampians requirements when their experts have already made that decision!

Methinks a wee bit of politics coming into play, politics and timing!
@Fang_Farrier only been gone two minutes and the place has gone to rat shit.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Probably could not afford the postage

Health Boards all have franking machines which means that to staff, mail is sent out to patients free.
Hundreds of thousands of pieces of unnecessary mail every week from health boards across the country.

It was not exactly doing well while I was still there!
My mums tooth snapped about 3 weeks ago, she phoned the dentist (NHS) and the soonest appointment she could get was in January. I chipped my tooth at the start of the pandemic, I nearly had to wait a year to get to the dentist and when I did get, I also needed to wait for 4 months for a follow up appointment to get the chip fixed. I asked the dentist why it would take so long and they said it was down to the lack of PPE, the receptionist told me that the NHS bosses were doing this on purpose so that people would go to private dentists.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Did someone lose the fag packet with the sums on

No, the SNP have just realised that regardless of the numbers they would put up there is no way it would indicate Scotland would be better off independent.

No, the SNP have just realised that regardless of the numbers they would put up there is no way it would indicate Scotland would be better off independent.

They could sell Scotland to China and then be debt free, they need somewhere to test new Bioweapons after Covid-19 has run it's course

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
But, but, but if they don't publish the annual economic case for independence, what are we to vote on next year?...

JB
Don't worry, when they ride out on their Unicorns all will become clear.

“The SNP leader of Glasgow City Council, Susan Aitken, faced questions about the waste situation from a committee of MPs earlier in the week.
She denied that bins are overflowing and said she is “not embarrassed” about the condition of the city ahead of Cop26.”

She must have her beer goggles on.

250195846_10223604868927943_3867558413301005238_n.jpg

“The SNP leader of Glasgow City Council, Susan Aitken, faced questions about the waste situation from a committee of MPs earlier in the week.
She denied that bins are overflowing and said she is “not embarrassed” about the condition of the city ahead of Cop26.”

She must have her beer goggles on.
Usual rhetoric. Basically "If your saying there's a problem, you are the problem".

Latest Threads