Scottish Politics Thread

Mustapha Leek waffling on right now about how they hope to mitigate any potential Kung Flu spike from Circle-Jerk 26 with daily testing and thus avoid a winter lockdown. But of course, he can't give any guarantees.

And politicians wonder why public sympathy is somewhat muted when they start whining about the, "dangers" they face...:rolleyes:

DarkBrig

War Hero

Not looking too happy in the world of Scottish nhs dentistry
My usual hygienist appointment (not open for 18 months) has now gone from £24 to £55 because of the "new" requirements. To be fair she had a face mask and a suction pump going out the door. Given that we were both vaccinated I'm not convinced it was worth it, however kudos as they were open - getting to see a doctor however has become even more difficult, not only do you have to fill out a form, but it is only available between 0730 and 1800 (St Luke's, Carluke)!

That's the point, though: it was their choice to become junkies. No one held a gun to their head and forced them to inject. They knew the consequences of their actions, and they did it anyway.

If they want to get clean and become productive members of society, they should be supported and given every opportunity to do so. If they don't? Paging Mr Darwin. No great loss.
Your correct, bad choices have been made, learnt or coerced into. If they want to get clean I’m afraid there are not enough ‘places’, closures and foreign nationals have taken up any slack.
Anyway, my main point is there is little point in abusing down and outs be they drunks, junkies or homeless.

Your correct, bad choices have been made, learnt or coerced into. If they want to get clean I’m afraid there are not enough ‘places’, closures and foreign nationals have taken up any slack.
Anyway, my main point is there is little point in abusing down and outs be they drunks, junkies or homeless.
you are right, there is no point abusing those less fortunate because it just pushes them further into the clutches of their substance of choice so is, ultimately, counter productive.

But expecting substance abusers to recognise their problem and then take the steps necessary to get ‘clean’ without help is naive.

Agree with your last point.

I read that Barrett had a reputation for quality issues and snagging but hadn't heard of their houses being used in this way. Very inventive. Nobody would be suspicious.
If I thought that I could use a Barrett house from a trebuchet to get a ballistic strike on the ‘Lard of the Isles’ I think I would give it a go

Bugger me, but Queen Nipster on Sky right now. Not a good optic tbh.
To be fair, I've not watched any news anywhere (or current affairs) for as long as I can recall...but she looks well bloated. Baggy eyes & "jowelly" with weapons grade facial armour.

Dredd

LE
“ and throw English tax-payers’ money at it hoping it will go away safe in the knowledge that the uneducated, non enquiring majority of people will only see/hear that “but we are spending £800 more of English tax-payers’ money per child to improve the system than England”.

Wow.

It's almost like we Jocks aren't paying tax.

I will need to get onto HMRC and query why they insist in taking large chunks out of my pay cheque every month. As it seems I am supposed to get it all gratis.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wow.

It's almost like we Jocks aren't paying tax.

I will need to get onto HMRC and query why they insist in taking large chunks out of my pay cheque every month. As it seems I am supposed to get it all gratis.

That's because everything we pay is used to fund the likes of HS2, Trident and various upgrades in London such as Crossrail, the new water pipes and Heathrow's new runway.

According to some anyway.

Latest Threads