Scottish Politics Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Suspect Sleepy Joe will be using Marine 1 to travel back and forwards.
It's not just Joe, but the hoards of civil servants also travelling, and not just the yank ones.

It's not just Joe, but the hoards of civil servants also travelling, and not just the yank ones.

25.000 of the buggers all told. Why let a global pandemic get in the way of flooding a major city with hordes of freeloading, useless buggers? They can always lock us down again after Circle Jerk 26 has achieved fcuk all and the media circus has left town. :rolleyes:

TamH70

MIA
Haven't they moored a gurt big cruise ship on the Clyde as temporary lodgings for those overpaid Green Cultist non-entities, er, oops I mean, "international statesmen"?

Failing education system, being told it’s failing - engage the SNP/SG SOP’s and throw money at it hoping it will go away safe in the knowledge that the uneducated, non enquiring majority of people will only see/hear that “but we are spending £800 more per child to improve the system than England”.

Sound-bytes from the propaganda machine instead of actually dealing with the problem happy to throw good money after bad with no recourse, at least comments are quite enlightening but will be ignored or crayoned over by the Natbots.

“SNP MSP, and former teacher, Kaukab Stewart said the Scottish government's investment was "paying off".
"School buildings are in the best condition since records began, teacher numbers are higher than they've been since 2008, this year the number of Higher passes was at its highest since devolution, the number of Scottish students accepted to university is at a record high, and much more," she said.
"As we move out of the pandemic and into recovery, it is vital that our schools are put on a footing to continue to get the best for Scotland's young people."
Closing the "poverty-related attainment gap" was an SNP priority and a further £1bn would be invested in the Scottish Attainment Challenge during this parliament, she added.”

So the buildings are in good Nick and higher passes are the “highest since 2008” which the sceptic, or realist, in me thinks has a lot to do with the lack of formal examinations during Covid lockdowns and the SG/SQA shenanigans.

They can’t half polish a turd……..

Can someone remind me, as I forget, have we actually seen the final un-redacted report into the state of the education system that was postponed due to the last lot of Scottish Elections.

Last edited:

offog

LE

Failing education system, being told it’s failing - engage the SNP/SG SOP’s and throw money at it hoping it will go away safe in the knowledge that the uneducated, non enquiring majority of people will only see/hear that “but we are spending £800 more per child to improve the system than England”.

Sound-bytes from the propaganda machine instead of actually dealing with the problem happy to throw good money after bad with no recourse, at least comments are quite enlightening but will be ignored or crayoned over by the Natbots.

“SNP MSP, and former teacher, Kaukab Stewart said the Scottish government's investment was "paying off".
"School buildings are in the best condition since records began, teacher numbers are higher than they've been since 2008, this year the number of Higher passes was at its highest since devolution, the number of Scottish students accepted to university is at a record high, and much more," she said.
"As we move out of the pandemic and into recovery, it is vital that our schools are put on a footing to continue to get the best for Scotland's young people."
Closing the "poverty-related attainment gap" was an SNP priority and a further £1bn would be invested in the Scottish Attainment Challenge during this parliament, she added.”

So the buildings are in good Nick and higher passes are the “highest since 2008” which the sceptic, or realist, in me thinks has a lot to do with the lack of formal examinations during Covid lockdowns and the SG/SQA shenanigans.

They can’t half polish a turd……..

Can someone remind me, as I forget, have we actually seen the final un-redacted report into the state of the education system that was postponed due to the last lot of Scottish Elections.
And to prove Ms Kaukab Stewart's point she should have used an outstanding picture to prove how much better they are since records began (last week).

1486662417_oxgangs-school-collapse.jpg

25.000 of the buggers all told. Why let a global pandemic get in the way of flooding a major city with hordes of freeloading, useless buggers? They can always lock us down again after Circle Jerk 26 has achieved fcuk all and the media circus has left town. :rolleyes:

why do you think obergruppenfuhrer sturgeon hasn't said a peep about covid for a few months? this is a woman who weaponised and monopolised her daily propaganda broadcasts to keep her mug in the limelight and to cause as much trouble as she could then nothing! this COP bollocks was always seen as her opportunity to be seen with the bigwigs for once but after its been and gone it'll be back to normal with lockdowns and everything else to undercut Westminster and to put herself back into the anti English/Tory limelight with the cult

why do you think obergruppenfuhrer sturgeon hasn't said a peep about covid for a few months? this is a woman who weaponised and monopolised her daily propaganda broadcasts to keep her mug in the limelight and to cause as much trouble as she could then nothing! this COP bollocks was always seen as her opportunity to be seen with the bigwigs for once but after its been and gone it'll be back to normal with lockdowns and everything else to undercut Westminster and to put herself back into the anti English/Tory limelight with the cult

Agreed, but your use of a Nazi rank to insult Sturgeon undermines your argument.

At least the Nazis were efficient. :twisted:

Hasn’t said anything about Covid because it isn’t working out so well just now so better just ignoring it under #wheestforindy.

To my knowledge she has been side stepped for pretty much anything to do with COP26 as it’s a U.K. gov gig, something she wasn’t happy about before it was postponed due to Covid.

Basically a gobby town councillor put in her box would be the best description unless anything has changed that I’m not aware of.

TamH70

MIA
They have indeed and that will be a great place to stay when the lurgy spreads amongst them

I'd be laughing my arse off if by some chance a wee time portal opened up and either Kretschmer or Prien sailed up the Clyde in their U-Boats and sent a couple of tin fish right up the nether regions of one of the biggest and shiniest targets ever to present themselves into their periscope.

I'd be laughing my arse off if by some chance a wee time portal opened up and either Kretschmer or Prien sailed up the Clyde in their U-Boats and sent a couple of tin fish right up the nether regions of one of the biggest and shiniest targets ever to present themselves into their periscope.
You really are awful, but......

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Agreed, but your use of a Nazi rank to insult Sturgeon undermines your argument.

At least the Nazis were efficient. :twisted:
They weren't, but those who pointed this out and complained were sent Kamping thus it looked efficient! :)

Diogenes' limp

Old-Salt
In current terms medium sized, outdated hull type, scruffy and manky around the waterline- rusted from being laid up through Covid and registered in I think Lithuania. Judging by the one I saw going up river.

I'm guessing two things - no reputable cruise line would risk their current vessels and the budget didn't run to anything decent, so maybe more for proles and minor dignitaries.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In current terms medium sized, outdated hull type, scruffy and manky around the waterline- rusted from being laid up through Covid and registered in I think Lithuania. Judging by the one I saw going up river.

I'm guessing two things - no reputable cruise line would risk their current vessels and the budget didn't run to anything decent, so maybe more for proles and minor dignitaries.
Are they expecting any one else.

Latest Threads