Scottish Politics Thread

Diogenes' limp

Old-Salt
When I think of these treaties you think there's a group of people sitting around a desk having a laugh seeing what pointless and at a tripe they can add to the treaty without people catching on.
If there were, in a Titania McGrath kind of way, it would be quite cheering, the fear is that there isn't.

Slightly off topic, but I was really sad to see the obituary for Mark Strudwick in the Scotsman. I found him to be charming as GOC during a difficult time, after he left he phoned me up to tell me of his new job, and it came with a car! I said that that was totally useless, why? Because General when you rush downstairs in the morning and jump into the back of it there will n one there to drive it! He replied with a rueful chuckle that what he missed most was his ADC to organise his life.

Damn now they are playing Nimrod on Classic and my room is full of dust.

Slightly off topic, but I was really sad to see the obituary for Mark Strudwick in the Scotsman. I found him to be charming as GOC during a difficult time, after he left he phoned me up to tell me of his new job, and it came with a car! I said that that was totally useless, why? Because General when you rush downstairs in the morning and jump into the back of it there will n one there to drive it! He replied with a rueful chuckle that what he missed most was his ADC to organise his life.

Damn now they are playing Nimrod on Classic and my room is full of dust.
I didn't realise he had passed on. A thoroughly decent guy.

14 Oct 21 is the start of an 8 week consultation period for the Boundary Commission for Scotland’s initial proposals for a new map of UK Parliamentary constituencies in Scotland.
The big change is reducing the number of MPs by 2, giving us 57.
Here is a link to the web site which explains the reasoning, maps and how to contribute for or against the proposals:

14 Oct 21 is the start of an 8 week consultation period for the Boundary Commission for Scotland’s initial proposals for a new map of UK Parliamentary constituencies in Scotland.
The big change is reducing the number of MPs by 2, giving us 57.
Here is a link to the web site which explains the reasoning, maps and how to contribute for or against the proposals:
As I’m too busy to read meantime what are the 2 being lost and who currently holds them?

isnt douglas ross the tory leader? - if so, then its a pretty significant cut!
Ross is the MP for Moray, he is also the MSP for Highlands and Islands.
I suspect at the next Westminster GE Ross would run for the proposed Gordon and Moray South seat. He will remain the MP for Moray till then and I expect as the Tory lead.

Episode 6 focuses on SCOTGOV.

Long of the short. Stonewall dictating policy and procedure to SNP/SCOTGOV, many members of SCOTGOV complicit in order to show SCOTGOV ranking higher on the Stonewall "inclusivity league table". Various emails doing the rounds on Twatter showing this with the usual names redacted (hint, L. Evans). SCOTGOV giving money to Stonewall to allow Stonewall to lobby SCOTGOV....

Lot's of cloak and dagger stuff, but looking apparent that Stonewall have been pulling the strings behind the scenes with all this alphabet people pish we've had to suffer through with some very willing participating individuals at SCOTGOV giving them cash to do so.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Long of the short. Stonewall dictating policy and procedure to SNP/SCOTGOV, many members of SCOTGOV complicit in order to show SCOTGOV ranking higher on the Stonewall "inclusivity league table". Various emails doing the rounds on Twatter showing this with the usual names redacted (hint, L. Evans). SCOTGOV giving money to Stonewall to allow Stonewall to lobby SCOTGOV....

Lot's of cloak and dagger stuff, but looking apparent that Stonewall have been pulling the strings behind the scenes with all this alphabet people pish we've had to suffer through with some very willing participating individuals at SCOTGOV giving them cash to do so.
With the Greens under Hansel and Gretel now part of ScotGov, things will only get worse in this area, IMO.

245816972_4629231297122283_8225771158912771759_n.jpg

the country is led by these extremist agitators - its the alphabet or the Trans or the BLM crowds that are a tiny minority with a HUGE media voice who terrify our cowardly MPs/MSPs plus businesses, unis and legal system - switch off twatter and faceache and ban the BBC and the country will change for the better overnight - people wont be as miserable and their IQs will rise with real news rather than the propaganda and/or the approved narrative

the country is led by these extremist agitators - its the alphabet or the Trans or the BLM crowds that are a tiny minority with a HUGE media voice who terrify our cowardly MPs/MSPs plus businesses, unis and legal system - switch off twatter and faceache and ban the BBC and the country will change for the better overnight - people wont be as miserable and their IQs will rise with real news rather than the propaganda and/or the approved narrative
You think, a hundred years ago the newspapers Were the source of all info with pathe showing silent snippets of recent occurrences. It all changed when radio arrived then the talkies were utilised to great advantage.

See Lorna Slater has pulled this vile tweet this morning she's going to have some uncomfortable questions to answer for her rhetoric. Ignored the fact that tories have the 2nd most party in Scotland and got more votes than her.
Screenshot_20211016-121437_Samsung Internet.jpg

To be fair it's the same in Wales, it's not just an SNP thing

Latest Threads