Scottish Politics Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not defending the man but which of would not mess around on such a toy if issued to us?

Maybe not in front of cameras though
He is a senior member of ScotGov so cameras are never far away. What is revealing is the fact that this made it out of Holyrood and on to t'interweb. Nicola is slipping and must have her mind on other matters! :)

See his mates out to decry those for having a laugh at him, In the meantime huggbear does another belter,

E_bG24BWEAMP5oU

Last edited:

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Yeah, the guy i was talking to has just been stood down as someone closer got cleared and he said the same.

ETA he just got another call 30 miles away in the different direction passing another station on the way.

The number of ambulance stations passed is irrelevant. You may as well count branches of McDonalds. Just because there is an ambulance station there it doesn’t mean it is chock full of ambulances and crews waiting for jobs.

The vast majority of crews only see their station at the start and end of their shifts. They spend their 12 hour (at least) shift going from job to job, or waiting to offload at hospital. Most ambulance stations will be unmanned except at shift changeover.

He is a senior* member of ScotGov so cameras are never far away. What is revealing is the fact that this made it out of Holyrood and on to t'interweb. # hey some sneaky bar steward there, what? Nicola is slipping and must have her mind on other matters! :)

* Obviously, being that sort of 'senior' citizen, he now requires walking aides, a few types - which apparently are not fit for purpose. Hey, but just imagine if he'd actually crashed through the 'cardboard' side wall, and incapacitated some 'protester' lounging, giving it grief, outside the building, whatever it is? Still, that won't happen now will it?
# Apologies Auld-Yin for the addition :) - for any one listening, I added that bit!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He is a senior member of ScotGov so cameras are never far away. What is revealing is the fact that this made it out of Holyrood and on to t'interweb. Nicola is slipping and must have her mind on other matters! :)

Filmed and tweeted by Glenn Campbell of the BBC.

Union Jack

Old-Salt
If only their was a Westminster Regt that could deploy.... oh the irony
The good news is that there is, and it's even better than a plain and simple Westminster Regiment, namely the Royal Westminster Regiment! The bad news is that it's a Canadian Army regiment, and a reserve one at that.

Such a shame that our own Queen's Westminsters has ceased to exist.

Jack

syrup

LE
One of the problems for all of the ambulance services is that the actual ambulances fall into the C1 licence category (vehicle weight exceeding 3.5 tons). C1 used to be given when you passed your driving test but it was made a Separate test when labour was elected in 1997. The advanced driving (required to drive on blue lights) is another test that takes at least 4 weeks (in my area). Many people washout on the driving so the ambulance service would prefer that people pay for their own C1 (they will generally get a discount because of their employer) and then blue light training is paid for by the ambulance service.

The problem with the C1 licences is very common for anyone who passed their driving test after 1997.

We used to do the ambulance driving course as A class drivers in the forces
Two types of ambulance involved

Domestic - what you see in hospitals, old slow automatic Bedford CF vans.
Crash Ambulance - V8 Landrover full on proper power.

The "Course" was an hour or so bombing up and down getting used to going round town and the Land Rovers getting a lean on going round bends.

Mostly the domestic ambulance was used for ferrying the lads down town and returning with takeaway on a Friday and Saturday night .

The Land Rovers needed a thrash every now and then to keep the V8 in fettle.
Every Friday was MacDonald's day.
Thrash the V8 down the dual carriageway with blues and two on, in Maccy D'sand bring the section order back.

Nobody likes a cold takeaway

Although at Wittering we covered the stretch of the A1 between the A47 and the Stamford roundabout so plenty of cold takeaways from there

This stuff always annoys me when I read it as I'm involved with it first hand. The system wants to 'champion young people, empowering them and giving them a voice' yet conversely allow them to slope shoulders and infantilise them as 'children' when they repeatedly commit crime, particularly if ACE is a factor. Some of these YOs do some very serious criminal stuff yet a percentage of them mix with actual vulnerable children in a secure setting.

Seadog

ADC
Back to Yousaf's fall, his crutch carrying flunky says 'oh my God' as Yousaf bites the dust. Pity Glenn Campbell doesn't heckle: 'no he just thinks he is'.