Scottish Politics Thread

Interesting that Javid and his team are warning against winter flu and other respiratory related illnesses being a cause for concern over the next 5 months or so, hence the need for booster jags and also starting a schools vaccination programme. There is a very real fear of the NHS being overwhelmed again.
North of the border it's obviously not a worry as Nippy has barely mentioned it.

in the USA they've had a spike in 5 year old and younger kids ending up in hospital - the usual suspects blamed covid but it was actually a respiratory illness whose name I cant remember (3 letters) and the reason it was the younger kids was because it is a standard childhood infection kids get exposed to in school and normally get through it with coughs and sniffles but because they have been shielded to normal bugs over the last 2 years its hitting them hard because their natural immune systems have been supressed - something to consider for our elderly who likewise will get hit hard by 'normal' winter illnesses - the longer you stay locked down the more your immune system is suppressed

in the USA they've had a spike in 5 year old and younger kids ending up in hospital - the usual suspects blamed covid but it was actually a respiratory illness whose name I cant remember (3 letters) and the reason it was the younger kids was because it is a standard childhood infection kids get exposed to in school and normally get through it with coughs and sniffles but because they have been shielded to normal bugs over the last 2 years its hitting them hard because their natural immune systems have been supressed - something to consider for our elderly who likewise will get hit hard by 'normal' winter illnesses - the longer you stay locked down the more your immune system is suppressed
RSV. My youngest daughter very nearly died from it.

Seadog

ADC
Nevertheless the Lard of the Isles will blame it on Tory austerity and Boris. It's always their fault, or Trump's.

homeworker

War Hero
What you are referring to is this - Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV): symptoms, transmission, prevention, treatment

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Interesting that Javid and his team are warning against winter flu and other respiratory related illnesses being a cause for concern over the next 5 months or so, hence the need for booster jags and also starting a schools vaccination programme. There is a very real fear of the NHS being overwhelmed again.
North of the border it's obviously not a worry as Nippy has barely mentioned it.

FM might not have but local radio and social media is awash with advertising for flu vaccine for young and old alike

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
FM might not have but local radio and social media is awash with advertising for flu vaccine for young and old alike
FM doesn't have the time as she will be working flat out on a reshuffle now that Boris has had one!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
These things happen,

E_VJiYAWYAMlnq0

nippy cant and wont say anything that could stop the COP thing - its her only chance to appear on the world stage hence her her usual doom mongering and power crazy dictates are on temporary hold until shes had her moment in the spotlight

She'll be keeping her head down regarding the NHS,

Patients being sent south, Ambulances being sent north to assist the Scottish Ambulance Service,
The missing HS(Sorry greivence monger ) telling folk not to call for an ambulance and this if true really leaves a lot of questions to be answered if he makes an appearance,

Does your des res get a mention?
Within the piece is a link to the best villages - Is this is where arrsers live?
you didn't need a poll to tell you Glenrothes is a shithole ..... someone should have just asked me
Me , I live up the road in one of the villages , we don't put any mention of the shithole on our address Just Ma****ch then the postcode

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just had this from a friend in the USA:
Montana, and particularly Billings, is exploding with the Delta variant. Our hospital is going on crisis care as they are at 150% of their capacity and they have called in the National Guard.

Latest Threads