Scottish Politics Thread

TamH70

MIA

justice or revenge
Both there was a court order in place after all.

How ever it was very much in the crown office and the Mundell cartels interest that the details of the case particularly the Defence submission alleging a plot against Salmond did not get much air time or credence.

Locking up a blogger is a timely warning to any Journalists or News channel who wishes to run a documentary on the whole saga.

TamH70

MIA
Currently watching Kenny MacAskill kick the SNP right in the crutch re: the role of the Lord Advocate in Scotland's justice system.

It's bloody good listening. I am not sure how much I agree with it as I've always detested the man, but it's a pretty good speech.

Seadog

ADC

justice or revenge
The Emporer's dabs are on this one. Murray was convinced of his righteousness and was convinced that as a 'journalist in new media' he was special. The splendidly named Lady Dorrian disabused blogger Murray of his journalist pretentions.

When are your lot leaving? asking for the tax payers who subsidise your country?
If Scotland leaves the Union, Englandshire will become an independent one party state, just like Scotland. We could be good neighbours like North and South Korea or Sudan and South Sudan.

Is now the time for the Scottish Parliament to discuss and vote on Indyref2?
Blackford states there is a mandate - this is based on 64 SNP MSP and 7 Green MSP. At 71/128 it would be fair to think the SP will vote for another referendum.
Yet if we look down to local government the SNP does not have the same support - 400/1227, the Greens stand at 19/1227.
If the will of the people is reflected at local government level there is no mandate for Indyref2.
Are we all geared up for another vibrant and colourful independence conversation? Personally, I’ve just been hit by a wave of apathy.

SNP say Boris Johnson cannot block IndyRef2 after Michael Gove accepts 'principle' of second vote - Daily Record

If Scotland leaves the Union, Englandshire will become an independent one party state, just like Scotland. We could be good neighbours like North and South Korea or Sudan and South Sudan.

Blackford states there is a mandate - this is based on 64 SNP MSP and 7 Green MSP. At 71/128 it would be fair to think the SP will vote for another referendum.
Yet if we look down to local government the SNP does not have the same support - 400/1227, the Greens stand at 19/1227.
If the will of the people is reflected at local government level there is no mandate for Indyref2.
Are we all geared up for another vibrant and colourful independence conversation? Personally, I’ve just been hit by a wave of apathy.

SNP say Boris Johnson cannot block IndyRef2 after Michael Gove accepts 'principle' of second vote - Daily Record

its just more noise - the last person on earth who wants independence is Sturgeon! - consider, she would be solely in charge of finding the money to pay for the cults freebies and EVERY failure of governance and govt depts could only be attributable to Sturgeon/SNP and not Westminster. Sturgeon knows that an Independent Scotland is unsustainable but at the moment she gets the best of both worlds with uncontrolled bribes paid for by UK plc taxpayers and the get out of jail card free of just blaming Boris/English when her regimes failures continue to worsen

And so the planning for Indyref3 begins...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
its just more noise - the last person on earth who wants independence is Sturgeon! - consider, she would be solely in charge of finding the money to pay for the cults freebies and EVERY failure of governance and govt depts could only be attributable to Sturgeon/SNP and not Westminster. Sturgeon knows that an Independent Scotland is unsustainable but at the moment she gets the best of both worlds with uncontrolled bribes paid for by UK plc taxpayers and the get out of jail card free of just blaming Boris/English when her regimes failures continue to worsen
Ah, but that is where you are wrong!

St Nicola (pbuh) would become El Presidente for Life and have regal powers to appoint the First Minister whose one and only role will be to take the blame for any and all of St Nicola's (pbuh) fyck-ups.

Disagree, she would resign and live abroad claiming she had achieved what she set out to do so it's time to hand over to someone else.

Blackford’s job is to create smokescreens and distractions when required. I’m not sure if the broken Indyref2 record is for:
a. MacCaskill’s speech,
b. Sturgeon’s 2015 decision to cut £15 million from Scotland’s addicts’ treatment, give the financial burden and responsibility to the NHS, then turn her back on the problem,
c. £600,000 ring fenced Indyref2 donations. £385,000 spent on refurbishing the office space in Gordon Lamb House by MIA, Peter - I didn’t hear that conversation I was taking a dump.
d. Trying to stop the SNP membership fracturing with 6,000 now jumped ship to Alba.
Or maybe all of the above, one thing for sure, the Scottish media will agree she is not to blame for any of it.
She would soil her pants if Boris announced ‘go for it FM’.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs

I’m just tired of having wee Nicky getting as much airtime on MSN as the UK government, she talks about independence and the extremis idiots blame the English for all Scotland’s woes.

I’m just tired of having wee Nicky getting as much airtime on MSN as the UK government, she talks about independence and the extremis idiots blame the English for all Scotland’s woes.
If you listen carefully you will hear soothing music through the white noise - I’m still listening for my tune to breakout.

Seadog

ADC
Sturgeon was disappointed that her subjects had failed to live up to her expectations of their intelligence (vaccine given/offered).

Too wee, too poor, too stupid.

Latest Threads