Scottish Politics Thread

He He He

This will have more than a few people sweating amongst the SNP support

Every citizen of working age in Scotland would be guaranteed a job under a proposal submitted to the SNP conference.

The plan, put forward for consideration at the national conference in September this year, says the Scottish government could test the scheme in poorer parts of the country before it is implemented nationally.

Shade of ' Arbeit macht............'

The gimme freebies gang will be sh1tting themselves.

TamH70

MIA
He He He

I'm all for it as long as the state and the companies pay for the adaptations needed to ensure that the people thwacked into jobs can actually do them safely. Because jobs for all means jobs for a lot of people with chronic physical or mental health problems, or indeed both as life can be an utter sod at times.

I'm all for it as long as the state and the companies pay for the adaptations needed to ensure that the people thwacked into jobs can actually do them safely. Because jobs for all means jobs for a lot of people with chronic physical or mental health problems, or indeed both as life can be an utter sod at times.

Ohhhh, I agree

However, it is the SNP we are talking about, and I'm not convinced this has been thought through on the basis of altruism.

syrup

LE
He He He

Does she not know her target audience?

I'm sure getting a job isn't high on many of he supporters "things to do list"
Who will tweet rabid anti English messages if they're all at work?

Fat POM

War Hero
As has been mentioned above, there is a significant proportion of any population, that for many reasons, is simply unemployable.
I'll be interested to see that miracle worked.

Or quietly disappear.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oh dear! Don't you know that she is talking at a "certain level of intelligence" and does not really mean that 100% of people will get jobs!

A new description for out and out lying "I was talking at a certain level of intelligence".

St Nic (pbuh) getting a little bit terse, the crossed arms, especially, are a bit of a giveaway - Nicola Sturgeon in 'rant' at journalists and politicians over vaccine target

Hold the bus.....

"Sturgeon told MSPs in a recent coronavirus update that “by July 26, we expect to have given second doses to all 40- to 49-year-olds”.
However, Sturgeon clarified by saying the target was about “offering” jabs to everyone in this age group."

I'd need to go trawling the internet but isn't this exactly what she (PBUH) was tearing into BoJo for a few months ago, basically accused them of being liars if my recollection serves.

Does she not know her target audience?

I'm sure getting a job isn't high on many of he supporters
"things to do list"
Who will tweet rabid anti English messages if they're all at work?

He He He

Hence my '' Sweating amongst the SNP support.

Decades of cow-towing to Westminster by Scottish Labour, followed by decades of 'realpolitik' by the SNP.

When will Scotland get a devolved government that refocuses on Scotland's traditional moral base, the actual needs of the Scottish people and, the provision of opportunity and attainable goals for those who wish to achieve? Scottish Nationalism doesn't require Independence, it does need integrity, honesty, and good relations with our closest and neighbour - you know, the one that we have fought and died both for and with for over 300 years.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Oh dear! Don't you know that she is talking at a "certain level of intelligence" and does not really mean that 100% of people will get jobs!

A new description for out and out lying "I was talking at a certain level of intelligence".
I’ve always been happy with the concept of workfare rather than welfare - with the obvious caveats for those who cannot work for health reasons.

For those with childcare responsibilities some of them could work looking after other people’s sprigs whilst other could work doing other things.

For those with childcare responsibilities some of them could work looking after other people’s sprigs whilst other could work doing other things.

That's what used to happen.

Then Rules and Regulations took over and you had to dance through hoops to get the correct paperwork.

Decades of cow-towing to Westminster by Scottish Labour, followed by decades of 'realpolitik' by the SNP.

When will Scotland get a devolved government that refocuses on Scotland's traditional moral base, the actual needs of the Scottish people and, the provision of opportunity and attainable goals for those who wish to achieve? Scottish Nationalism doesn't require Independence, it does need integrity, honesty, and good relations with our closest and neighbour - you know, the one that we have fought and died both for and with for over 300 years.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen

I'm already holding my breath waiting for our World Cup win................................
that why your face is blue

and I thought it was because you are a Nicola fanboy

Let’s wait and see their reaction when a Scot gets a gold medal…
World's Strongest man Tom Stoltman who is a proud Unionist and Rangers fan is still waiting for a shout out from wee nic. Can't possibly understand why...‍

Gabion Groyne

War Hero
He He He

The last time I was in such a place was the former Yugoslavia which had 'no' unemployment. How interesting.

Latest Threads