Scottish Politics Thread

now , you're threatening not to sell electricity to England, were is the money coming from to make up for that

I know .... we'll increase taxes for the "well off", that'll cover it, or maybe just use the national credit card , after all nobody uses money these days

they really have no clue about running a country ....(well maybe about running it into the ground)

I despair

now , you're threatening not to sell electricity to England, were is the money coming from to make up for that

I know .... we'll increase taxes for the "well off", that'll cover it, or maybe just use the national credit card , after all nobody uses money these days

they really have no clue about running a country ....(well maybe about running it into the ground)

I despair
As the song goes we’re ‘packing plastic’ and the ‘well off’ will be redefined as anyone who has a job or pension.

1624102983085.png

FHA

LE

I despair

It appears to be from a former secretary, not Nic herself, is it not?
Staggering illiteracy on his part though, which goes to show how much people have bought into the lies about renewables. It would actually be the other way round: Scotland would be reliant on baseload from South of the border. Unreliable wind energy would be replaced from elsewhere. The Nats think that the English public would tolerate buying expensive, excess, energy dumped on them by their newly independent, oh-so-friendly neighbours.
God help us.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I despair
It's as terrifying as me threatening to invade America. Even if we wanted to we can't. It's also utter nonsense. As far as I can see Sturgeon hasn't said it or even vaguely implied it.

She, or some of her more gung ho cronies, may be hoping it could be a good bargaining chip in the event that we do end up negotiating independence but I hope they don't put too much faith in it. I suspect the central government would just laugh at them.

I despair
Just to add that the quote from Fergus Ewing turns out to be more than seven years old, and to have been in response to a statement by the then UK Energy Secretary Ed Davey (current Lib Dem leader) that households in an independent Scotland would have to pay more for electricity than as part of the UK.

Last edited:
It's as terrifying as me threatening to invade America. Even if we wanted to we can't. It's also utter nonsense. As far as I can see Sturgeon hasn't said it or even vaguely implied it.

She, or some of her more gung ho cronies, may be hoping it could be a good bargaining chip in the event that we do end up negotiating independence but I hope they don't put too much faith in it. I suspect the central government would just laugh at them.
What you fail to take into account is the English Mail/Express reading class hate being threatened, they will just start an power saving campiagn not seen since the 70s just to ~~~~ the posion princess off

The Missing 600k Row still rumbles on

The Missing 600k Row still rumbles on
Good. And so it should. People need to be reminded what we are dealing with.

But will they care - or more importantly, do anything about it - I doubt it. I have seen more balls and backbone on a slug than I see from Westminster.
I was surprised the story was in The Daily Record. Does this mean some people in Scotland are now realising what is happening in their country?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I was surprised the story was in The Daily Record. Does this mean some people in Scotland are now realising what is happening in their country?
The Record often have negative SNP stories, but don't seem to follow them up.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
How on earth does the first minister of Scotland make it illegal to travel to a specific area of England? A serious question.
Megolmania

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How on earth does the first minister of Scotland make it illegal to travel to a specific area of England? A serious question.

There have been various travel restrictions throughout this pandemic in all 4countries of the UK.
IIRC it's Wales that has had its border shut the most.

Internal Scottish restrictions have been fairly common.

Latest Threads