Scottish Politics Thread

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
more SNP tomfoolery! - i couldnt vote in the last one because i was serving in England whilst loads of foreigners were allowed to vote in Scotland - cnuts!

I think we’ve been around this before. You could have registered as a service voter. I did.The facility was available I don’t know what else you would expect the Scottish Government could do to allow you to vote.

Whether expats in general should be allowed to vote is a different issue.

I agree with you that it is bizarre that foreigners in Scotland get to vote. I’m not aware of any other countries that extend the vote to non-citizens. I suspect it is an attempt to gerrymander the vote. I also suspect it would change if it became apparent that they were likely to vote Nay.

I think we’ve been around this before. You could have registered as a service voter. I did.The facility was available I don’t know what else you would expect the Scottish Government could do to allow you to vote.

Whether expats in general should be allowed to vote is a different issue.

I agree with you that it is bizarre that foreigners in Scotland get to vote. I’m not aware of any other countries that extend the vote to non-citizens. I suspect it is an attempt to gerrymander the vote. I also suspect it would change if it became apparent that they were likely to vote Nay.
But, but,.................excuse me Miss, aren't those pesky Englaaaaanders foreigners and non citizens, so we can have ze vote?

So ECC are about to ban my 2013 yaris 1400 diesel ( a car that I may add, is so dirty, and causes so much damage to the planet , the government deemed to charge me the pricely sum of £20 a year road tax, in fact it probably takes more filthy air in than it kicks out)
however, I only use the bus now when I go into Edinburgh , costs me nothing but an hour of my precious time ,and I can spend the day there , get blootered have a decent meal , and get back home again (never seen the return journey as I always fall asleep on the way home)
So it will make no odds to me whether they ban cars or not , all it will do is reduce the numbers of people visiting the city........

the traffic system there is a joke anyway

@flieslikeabeagle have an excellent for the correct use of blootered, haven't heard that in years...

JB

more SNP tomfoolery! - i couldnt vote in the last one because i was serving in England whilst loads of foreigners were allowed to vote in Scotland - cnuts!

Interesting. The newspaper's headline "Nicola Sturgeon could block English soldiers and students from voting in Scotland" seems to based on one or more individual responses to a Scottish Government's consultation in 2017, and not on any recommendation in the consultation.

I'm not familiar with the 2017 consultation, but I know that in 2013 BAFF responded impartially to both the Scottish Government and UK Government consultations about the administration of the 2014 Referendum - and was quoted favourably by both.

1623962066867.png

offog

LE
Just so I clearly understand this. A 16 year old is capable of making an informed decision on the future of Scotland but an under 26 year old is not capable of being responsible for their actions.

Am I the only one to see that there is a conflict between the two.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just so I clearly understand this. A 16 year old is capable of making an informed decision on the future of Scotland but an under 26 year old is not capable of being responsible for their actions.

Am I the only one to see that there is a conflict between the two.
Quite.

Enter Mr Beattie and the SNP funds are immediately healthier than at any other time in the party’s history.
Beattie was the treasurer for 16 years to be out voted by Chapman. Looks like the latter was not allowed to look under the rock by Beattie’s treasury staff. There must be much to conceal to remain loyal to a previous incumbent.
If the SNP’s books are dodgy, what state are the SG’s in?

giatttt

War Hero
Enter Mr Beattie and the SNP funds are immediately healthier than at any other time in the party’s history.
Beattie was the treasurer for 16 years to be out voted by Chapman. Looks like the latter was not allowed to look under the rock by Beattie’s treasury staff. There must be much to conceal to remain loyal to a previous incumbent.
It was on Radio Four's 18:00 show last night and got a decent amount of coverage including mention of the police investigation.

They are. REDACTED

ETA Any sign of that Education Report?

Proof, as if you needed it, that the lunatics are running the asylum.

I struggle to understand the rationale in their decision making when this shoite is even considered, bearing in mind the rise in violent crime, yet they happily introduce unnecessary legislation against ‘hate speech’ which they will no doubt encourage prosecutions to get ‘stated cases’ in order to justify its ‘necessity’.