Scottish Politics Thread

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
I'm not surprised as that is what was happening at the time. Two things from this; one it shows the media is now including the Nats in stories and getting them to answer and two it should stop the holier-than-thou preaching by the SNP re Westminster.
I do hope you are right. Past experience however suggests that some of the press will publish a few articles and then the question and all the associated issues will be forgotten about and nothing will be done to change anything. I feel a bit like a replay on a tape recorder: Westminster and the main stream media just don't care or are too scared to do anything about it. They have no balls and no backbone

mrboo

LE
I'm sure the SNP are not the only ones tht have done this

Snap 2021-06-06 at 20.31.21.png

homeworker

War Hero
My bold: Not a surprise at all. I have commented about this in the past. Unless a business or the people that control it are SNP supporters they get the square root of fu** all and are not even invited to tender on public sector contracts in Scotland.
But it is good that MSM are taking notice. Will it lead anywhere? Probably not but it could be worth a bowl of popcorn.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Are you suggesting the magic art of walking the ground with the mk1 eyeball is no longer required

Was discussing upgrading loft insulation with an energy firm.

There was no requirement to visit as house measurements were obtained by them from Google maps!

offog

LE
Are you suggesting the magic art of walking the ground with the mk1 eyeball is no longer required
Once the initial ground survey is done and recorded, no.

She also tells me that civil engineers are hard to come by due to poor pay and long hours.

My friends I have a mole in Holyrood
At great personal risk to himself he has provided me with the following document:
"Emergency Vehicle Reorganisation"
Emergency vehicle will be rebranded as follows to ensure scottishness and adherence to SNP policy
Blue lights on all emergency vehicles will be replaced by an array of multicoloured rainbow lights.
All vehicles will be lettered in Gaelic , Urdu , Pashtun and Swahili. To make room for this English will not be shown as it is a Tory language.
Polais cars will be painted bright pink with the SNP logo on the doors. Instead of two tone sirens they will play a recording of Scotland the Brave
Ambulains will stay yellow as that is the SNP colours. Their two tones will be replaced by a recording of the Outer Hebrides Gaelic choir singing the Skye Boat Song.
Firey Injuns will be painted green and fitted with smaller water tanks to adhere to Green policies. The siren for them will be Andy Stewart singing Donald Where's Your Troosers
This will make emergency vehicles more friendly and more scottish"
So there you have it.........you never know what lies ahead in Nippies never never land

At great personal risk to himself he has provided me with the following document:
Emergency vehicle will be rebranded as follows to ensure scottishness and adherence to SNP policy
Blue lights on all emergency vehicles will be replaced by an array of multicoloured rainbow lights.
All vehicles will be lettered in Gaelic , Urdu , Pashtun and Swahili. To make room for this English will not be shown as it is a Tory language.
Polais cars will be painted bright pink with the SNP logo on the doors. Instead of two tone sirens they will play a recording of Scotland the Brave
Ambulains will stay yellow as that is the SNP colours. Their two tones will be replaced by a recording of the Outer Hebrides Gaelic choir singing the Skye Boat Song.
Firey Injuns will be painted green and fitted with smaller water tanks to adhere to Green policies. The siren for them will be Andy Stewart singing Donald Where's Your Troosers
So there you have it.........you never know what lies ahead in Nippies never never land
Unicorns will replace the Polais horses.

Oor Wullie

Old-Salt
Firey Injuns will be painted green and fitted with smaller water tanks to adhere to Green policies.

I can see a small problem with that policy in the G51 area of Glasgow - if you want you're appliance back in one piece .

Fire control :- " Firecall , fire in tenement building Copeland Road G51, persons reported "

Station comd " Sorry no can do our injun is attending an incident involving auld Mrs McGlumpher stuck on the lavvy in Lanark , phone the fire people in Larkhall cos they've auld injun and they widnae mind it painted in a fetching shade of blue /white/red.
:twisted:

woger wabbit

War Hero
For heavens sake don't give the Sturgeon ideas as the above will certainly look attractive to her.

Saw a story today on YouTube about a Scottish woman feminist who has been charged with some sort of hate crime for posting a photo on Twatter of a ribbon in the suffragette colours tied horizontally around a tree - apparently some bellend and the police believe it looks like a noose (it doesn’t !) - the thing is the SNP logo loooks like more of a noose than this woman’s photo so you have to wonder why the SNP are not being charged for their equally obvious hate crime? - it will be interesting to see if the woman’s defence lawyer makes that comparison!

NSP

LE
Interesting.

The company my little girl works for has been working on a rail depot in Glasgow. The company is a subcontractor and deals with design and build. It is a multinational. She does CAD and works with the civil engineers. The CAD donkey work is done by Indians as they are cheaper than her and will work very long hours. She has never been to Scotland except on the way to NI nor have the others in her office.

The point is that large projects are contracted out and many of those who do the technical work will never walk on the ground that the project is built on.

How many of these schools, hospitals, road and rail will be designed by multinational who will never see the project in real life.
They did that with the new bridge on Trenchard Way in Taunton - designed by an engineer in India who never visited site and whom designed a bridge that did not meet the specification or fit in the gap and had to be lifted out and replaced by one that a) fitted and b) could take the expected traffic load plus factor of safety. This was oviously all at council tax-payers expense, to the tune of an additional £10m on top of the already well-over budget £21m project.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Surely if not an MSP or MP or even a councillor then he is at least an ex-politician, if not in fact a complete non entity
A “Traitor to the Motherland”!!! He and his nest of rats will get what’s coming to them, McComrade!!!

iIn all seriousness, one thing I do notice about Scotland - and I’ve lived here on & off since birth by the way - is we are fast becoming a society intolerant of any “departure from the approved path’. The acceptance of different points of view seems to be utterly lost on - in particular - our Nationalist friends, instead resorting to personal insults / doxxing / loss of temper in interviews etc etc etc.

A “Traitor to the Motherland”!!! He and his nest of rats will get what’s coming to them, McComrade!!!

iIn all seriousness, one thing I do notice about Scotland - and I’ve lived here on & off since birth by the way - is we are fast becoming a society intolerant of any “departure from the approved path’. The acceptance of different points of view seems to be utterly lost on - in particular - our Nationalist friends, instead resorting to personal insults / doxxing / loss of temper in interviews etc etc etc.

It makes Arrse fora look rather benevolent in comparison

I really cant understand the SNP approach to Covid - apparently Glasgow always gets hammered whilst Edinburgh is simultaneously over run with tourists. Its ok for 6000 people to watch the euros every night for a month in the park but a cruise ship cannot dock in Greenock despite the vast majority of passengers (including Scottish passengers) being double vaccinated and all of them triple covid tested, and Scottish passengers cannot even join the ship in Greenock even if the others on board are not allowed off

but, we all know that sturgeon wouldn't dream of cancelling the upcoming Glasgow 2021 climate conference in nov so she can big it up on the world stage