Scottish Politics Thread

In my area I have seen no placards, which is unusual and only two posters in Windows, 1 Lab and 1 SNP. Normally there are plenty of placards and posters.

It is almost as though Parties are saving their Dosh for the Indy Ref campaign.

Same here, Normally a mix of poster. Now, it is just one lone house with a MASSIVE Alba poster.

Seadog

ADC
they will no longer be Scottish they will be European

That's not very 'progressive'.

image-20151020-32258-1403ygn.png

its win/win for the SNP with the pound if they get to keep using it, win,and of course if the evil english say no its the evil english at fault,
i can only liken the idea to giving a bitter ex wife your bank card to use
A better analogy would be, It's like giving your bitter ex-wife your bank card to use ....and then close the account.

Surely you can’t think that @Sixty lied to us?
if he was a gentleman it would be second nature, alas our steve sixty is a bit of a cad/rake I’d wager that he tries to emulate his namesake the six hundred thousand man

simple fact he’s a prick so you’re getting obsessed with him
let it go accept that his liver is danger close as they say

Do you believe we're, utterly uniquely in any developed nation, incapable of actually managing a currency? Oddly, we're actually quite good at fiscal policy and responsibility.
Three words “ Fred the Shred”
another ten
” account for ALL the COVID money we all sent north.”
corrupt chisellers in the main it would appear.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I thought you told us you did not moderate this forum!
Screenshot_20210503-175126_Samsung Internet.jpg

MODs are listed per section.

This thread comes under Current Affairs*

Apparently Sixty mods this section twice! IIRC he has always stated that although within his remit he does not moderate this particular thread.

*obviously any affairs being conducted in Bridge of Allan and are current are open to debate.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reported, you really are obsessed with disgusting homosexual practices.

ETA As for the SNP’s ability to handle finances, they cannot even manage to ring-fence £600,00of the indyref donations. In Scotland’s future for the once in a generation indyref it was stated that the organs of the Scottish state could be set up for £600 M, but it cost £180M to set up the Scottish Farm subsidy system. Frankly my dear chap they just don’t have a clue.

Not sure if you're allowed to call homosexual practice disgusting anymore.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Apparently Sixty mods this section twice! IIRC he has always stated that although within his remit he does not moderate this particular thread.

I'm a super-mod (a title only, not a description of my ability) and can moderate any forum as well as CA being my 'home' forum which is why I appear twice. And yes, I choose not to mod the Scottish politics thread. One of the admins or another CA mod will judge whether paymaster's swoon and fit of the vapours is worthy of action.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
View attachment 570314

MODs are listed per section.

This thread comes under Current Affairs*

*obviously any affairs being conducted in Bridge of Allan and are current are open to debate.
Sixty is one of the "super" Mods so is listed even though he has no moderation responsibilities.

Beaten to it by Blind 60, what a shame for me! :)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Why not? It is his personal opinion.

That's why I said "not sure" Personal opinion can still be classed as homophobic.

Even before the new bill went through Holyrood, the exact definition of homophobic language was up for debate.

That's why I said "not sure" Personal opinion can still be classed as homophobic.

Even before the new bill went through Holyrood, the exact definition of homophobic language was up for debate.

I agree with FF. If a group of people are having a convo and one of them makes a comment that upsets the one gay person in the group then that is homophobic. You can not put any quantity on how many have to be offended before it becomes acceptable. Banter is no excuse. :cool:

Tell me what part of the following, where he thinks it is disgusting, does it fall into

• verbal and physical abuse
  • physical violence
  • teasing
  • bullying
  • threatening behaviour
  • online abuse
  • damage to property.
IMO I do not think it does.

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
Do you believe we're, utterly uniquely in any developed nation, incapable of actually managing a currency? Oddly, we're actually quite good at fiscal policy and responsibility.
Probably yes, as the last 14 years have shown, although I should qualify that by saying I think there will be a shortage of fiscal experts amongst all the other parties in the Scottish Parliament as anyone with those abilities probably works down south or serves at Westminster.

Where are these experts as the SNP have been sailing towards their dream in a leaky old tub (rusty old ferry?? :)) for many years now with nary a sight of such people.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Tell me what part of the following, where he thinks it is disgusting, does it fall into

• verbal and physical abuse
  • physical violence
  • teasing
  • bullying
  • threatening behaviour
  • online abuse
  • damage to property.
I do not think it does.

And as I said, I am not sure.
However I would suspect that as it's a comment on the internet, it would be online.

If kids are not allowed to say things such as "that's so gay".
That any hint of calling someone a big poof because of a failed tackle is classed as abusive.
These are both examples quoted by Stonewall as homophobic then am pretty sure that they would not relish homosexual practice being called disgusting.

Latest Threads