Scottish Politics Thread

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
Ah the Easdale family, true paragons of virtue. Also an incredibly lucky man, what were the chances that when they started a bus company the buses of rivals in the area started to spontaneously catch fire? Or amazingly, the same thing happening at the Arriva depot when McGills expanded into Paisley.
Go careful

This probably belongs on a different thread as it is more UK...

He'd be better off staying put and making the occaisional brutal comment in parliament forcing the PM to sack him for speaking up for veterans. Resigning will achieve the sum of eff all, grandstanding at its finest!

Big Jim

Clanker
Sorry, I've forgotten what this is about! ;)
put down the glass
3151481.jpg

Breaking news.

Sturgeon demands referendum on European Super League.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In a recent interview, Michael Heseltine said that resigning was the biggest mistake of his career.
His advice to any politician would be: never resign.

Well the FM has certainly paid heed to that advice!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In a recent interview, Michael Heseltine said that resigning was the biggest mistake of his career.
His advice to any politician would be: never resign.
I think it was the smartest move he ever made. It was a great shame that he didn't retire completely from public life.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Chances of family members suing ?

The earlier investigation and report said that hospital discharges were not the cause of care home outbreaks.

It was more due to staff bringing it in from the community and professional visitors.

Without specific genome tracing, it is impossible to say the exact cause of each outbreak.

There are care homes who had outbreaks without any recently arrived residents and care homes with no cases who did have new residents straight from hospital.

As such, who do you sue? And their defence will say prove it definitely was their fault.

SNP sex pest again

A sex pest married to a MSP who seems to be a nasty piece of work himself, so much so his Wikipedia entry has a "controversies" section. There are also suggestions that it's another "lavender" marriage as he seems to have a bit on the side ( well publicised, also married, also involved with SNP).

They really are an incestuous bunch of dirty little miscreants. Yet still the great Scottish public tick the box for them.

Hi my name is Paymaster and my chosen pronouns are; he, him and Sir!

OMG have a look at the latest SNP video put up on WoS, it is terrifying especially the part about ensuring that our children are “correctly” educated to ensure that they understand “trans rights” . Then she will ensure the Gender Rights legislation protects Trans personnel.

It truly is a vision of hell!

TamH70

MIA
Hi my name is Paymaster and my chosen pronouns are; he, him and Sir!

OMG have a look at the latest SNP video put up on WoS, it is terrifying especially the part about ensuring that our children are “correctly” educated to ensure that they understand “trans rights” . Then she will ensure the Gender Rights legislation protects Trans personnel.

It truly is a vision of hell!
They really have taken over the asylum......they're turning this country into a dystopian hellhole. The good news for you older "SLR" types, is that living in Scotland will soon be like your visits to the GDR, should allow a few trips down memory lane.

He can sod off. The Easdales are gangsters. Everybody and their mums know it up here. And I'd be surprised if that gangster got all of the money that the court said he was owed.
I just remembered, Peter Hart's son tried to restart the Hart's bus business a number of years after the original went under. For some reason, his depot also caught fire. Uncanny.

But, as you say, they're well known as gangsters in the Inverclyde area, even going back 20 odd years.

Last edited:
They really have taken over the asylum......they're turning this country into a dystopian hellhole. The good news for you older "SLR" types, is that living in Scotland will soon be like your visits to the GDR, should allow a few trips down memory lane.
At least in those days we could go up to the Brocken and look over at hell, now it’s about to be imposed on us.

HCL

LE

5 groat alley here we come.

Latest Threads