Scottish Politics Thread

Just got my third leaflet through the door from the SNP, delivered by the postie. I hope someone is checking his election expenses.

Third SNP leaflet and not one mentions the Great Leader - I doubt he will be looking for a job in the next SNP government!
I think I ve had 2 of each from the snp and limp dems, nothing from the tories or greens - my constituency flicks between those 2 useless party’s and their lunacy - on the way to the bin I noticed one of the snp ones had sturgeons face on it but I noticed the picture was from at least 5 years ago, extremely air brushed and quite a few pies ago! I think they myst have used one of those apple geniuses to work their magic with an airbrush cause for a brief moment I thought she looked a bit shaggable -still a 10 Pinter with a bag on her head mind! but then I came back to my senses and remembered the only thing I d feck her with would be a 4 by 2

shellbackmac

War Hero
She wants to stop us drinking I tells ya! Lego head has never enjoyed a night on the bevvy in her life so doesn't give a flyer about us heavy drinkers (about 90 percent of the population).

Seriously, if true this will stop the pub and restaurant industry functioning. But it's different to England so that's all that matters.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
thats sturgeons policy in a nutshell mate - if BoJo banned pubs ours would be wide open with no social distancing!
One of the things that makes me laugh is when SNiPpers demand a 4 nations solution which means that the central govern should do what the SNiPpers demand.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
Cue absolute silence from the SNP leadership.
They are silent about so many things that cause embarrassment:
"
WOULD-BE owners of Ferguson Marine have hit out at the "severe
mismanagement" of the shipyard at the centre of a ferry building fiasco
after it emerged that ministers are paying a 'turnaround director' more than
£790,000 a year to run it.
Gloucester-based businessman Tim Hair was handed the £2565-a-day deal by exfinance
secretary Derek Mackay two years ago.
Documents show Hair was paid £791,285 between January 1 and December 31
last year.
Now Sandy Easdale, who owns the Greenock-based McGill's Buses has accused
ministers of "throwing taxpayers’ cash around like confetti" in the ongoing ferries
scandal.
Mr Easdale who is spearheading the £350m rejuvenations of the former IBM
Greenock and Tullis Russell papermill site in Glenrothes, said the people of
Inverclyde were "sick of the national embarrassment" that had been created by
government around the once proud Ferguson Marine shipyard.
Alongside his brother James, Sandy Easdale had expressed an interest in saving
the yard when it went into administration in August 2014. "

At that rate - Gee's a Job

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

There's only one thing worse than finding a large bag of new scrubs* in a now disused covid assessment centre. (We were using the area for vaccinating)

And the worse thing is that they were all too small for me.

*rough guess over 30 sets

syrup

LE
Apparently at the weekend he was spouting some shite about an iScotland's new currency.

It would appear that he thinks he's going to be in charge.
The new currency will be the Euro

They've made no secret of rejoining the E.U. and under their rules all new countries adopt the Euro.
I don't get all this we'll have our own currency and we'll negotiate to take all that we want from the UK.

No you won't Scotland wants to join back into the E.U.
Therefore you get the Euro and you get the Brexit deal that was negotiated between the E.U. and the U.K.
If you think the E.U has made an arse of the N.I deal wait till they go all out to cause trouble using Scotland as a pawn.

Seadog

ADC
She wants to stop us drinking I tells ya! Lego head has never enjoyed a night on the bevvy in her life so doesn't give a flyer about us heavy drinkers (about 90 percent of the population).

Seriously, if true this will stop the pub and restaurant industry functioning. But it's different to England so that's all that matters.
Anyone who likes a bevvy should read 'Scotland's Future' page 174 (pdf 194). You've been warned.

They are silent about so many things that cause embarrassment:
"
WOULD-BE owners of Ferguson Marine have hit out at the "severe
mismanagement" of the shipyard at the centre of a ferry building fiasco
after it emerged that ministers are paying a 'turnaround director' more than
£790,000 a year to run it.
Gloucester-based businessman Tim Hair was handed the £2565-a-day deal by exfinance
secretary Derek Mackay two years ago.
Documents show Hair was paid £791,285 between January 1 and December 31
last year.
Now Sandy Easdale, who owns the Greenock-based McGill's Buses has accused
ministers of "throwing taxpayers’ cash around like confetti" in the ongoing ferries
scandal.
Mr Easdale who is spearheading the £350m rejuvenations of the former IBM
Greenock and Tullis Russell papermill site in Glenrothes, said the people of
Inverclyde were "sick of the national embarrassment" that had been created by
government around the once proud Ferguson Marine shipyard.
Alongside his brother James, Sandy Easdale had expressed an interest in saving
the yard when it went into administration in August 2014. "

At that rate - Gee's a Job
Ah the Easdale family, true paragons of virtue. Also an incredibly lucky man, what were the chances that when they started a bus company the buses of rivals in the area started to spontaneously catch fire? Or amazingly, the same thing happening at the Arriva depot when McGills expanded into Paisley.

I read a poll result this morning , somewhere on MSM that well over 50% of uk people would actuall want Scotland to leave the union

Really, and to be fair, who could blame them, I am living here , and I am in full agreement with them

giatttt

War Hero

They've made no secret of rejoining the E.U. and under their rules all new countries adopt the Euro.
I don't get all this we'll have our own currency and we'll negotiate to take all that we want from the UK.

Therefore you get the Euro and you get the Brexit deal that was negotiated between the E.U. and the U.K.
If you think the E.U has made an arse of the N.I deal wait till they go all out to cause trouble using Scotland as a pawn.

AIUI You can only join the EU if you have your own national currency, so yes they do need to create a new currency (the giro is a popular suggestion) before they can start thinking of joining the EU.

However setting up a new currency is probably a tad more complex than trying to build a boat fitted for, but not with windows. I have no faith in their abilities to deliver anything other than a rapid descent into civil war and an economy to rival that of Afghanistan.

I have no faith in their abilities to deliver anything other than a rapid descent into civil war and an economy to rival that of Afghanistan.
I think poppy seeds are worth more than "Ooor Oil" now.

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
Ah the Easdale family, true paragons of virtue. Also an incredibly lucky man, what were the chances that when they started a bus company the buses of rivals in the area started to spontaneously catch fire? Or amazingly, the same thing happening at the Arriva depot when McGills expanded into Paisley.
I was going to say likewise. Hardly the paragons of virtue and honesty but with a "troubled past".

The road to HELL the eu is being paved with honey;

Scottish politicians and officials are behind two main drives to lobby their EU counterparts. One, backed by the Scottish government, seeks to reassure the EU that Scotland — which voted against Brexit — wants to maintain close and friendly ties to the bloc.

Although the Scottish government is run by the pro-independence Scottish National Party (SNP), that campaign — backed by slick videos that pop up in the social media feeds of members of the Brussels bubble — does not explicitly address Scotland’s future status.

Scotland’s EU charm offensive

Over the past months, the Scottish government — which already runs international offices in cities such as Paris, Berlin and Beijing — has been boosting its EU engagement through the European Friends of Scotland Group.

Founded in 2020 and run with support from the Scottish government’s Brussels office, the informal grouping brings together 35 MEPs who take a close interest in Europe’s relationship with Scotland.

Nice;

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG  11.PNG

Capture.PNG  22.PNG

Is this funded by the British taxpayer?

edit.
Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
I read a poll result this morning , somewhere on MSM that well over 50% of uk people would actuall want Scotland to leave the union

Really, and to be fair, who could blame them, I am living here , and I am in full agreement with them
Doesn't surprise me the whole grievance politics works 2 ways and with the press rediscovering the Barnett formula and slowly realising Covid money is being used elsewhere there seems to be an air of let them go if that's what they want.

Latest Threads