Scottish Politics Thread

Apparently you can start postal voting, how the dickens can you do that when you haven’t seen the manifestos?

what do you need to know mate? nothing has changed in 20 years

Independence, freebies and Westminster/BoJo Grrr

or

no independence, freebies and we're no the same as the English version of our party - honest

or

Green shit and independence and basically whatever Obergruppenfuhrer Sturgeon tells ot party to do

But it is scaremongering, we went through all this prior to and immediately after the referendum so repeating it Ad Nauseum just makes people switch off.

is it scaremongering when its true? seriously, based on the recent historical evidence what makes you believe that the EU would be so nice as to allow a poverty stricken country which runs a 15Bn annual deficit to join the EU without them placing severe restrictions and conditions on us?

The alternative is not to point out the obvious and some of the cult, maybe some of the newer brainwashed young ones not being exposed to it - every single ex cultist is a win for Scotland and a loss for Sturgeon whose whole existence depends upon useful low information idiots

is it scaremongering when its true? seriously, based on the recent historical evidence what makes you believe that the EU would be so nice as to allow a poverty stricken country which runs a 15Bn annual deficit to join the EU without them placing severe restrictions and conditions on us?

The alternative is not to point out the obvious and some of the cult, maybe some of the newer brainwashed young ones not being exposed to it - every single ex cultist is a win for Scotland and a loss for Sturgeon whose whole existence depends upon useful low information idiots
Yes it is scaremongering, whether or not it is based on fact, supposition, rumour or just made up crap. By constantly repeating all the crap that was aired during the referendum people are visibly displaying they have nothing new to say, which is the reason the SNP are not exactly struggling in the polls, people have heard it all before and whether they believed it then or believe it now are bored with it all. Repetition only works for a while.

It is lazy thinking to dip back into what happened during the pre/post referendum days, most of that was based on comments the SNP made at the time, their manifesto and their Shite paper. Now you, and others may have missed this, but most statements/comments from the SNP currently don't mention how their economy in an independant Scotland will work (or not as I strongly suspect) nor how they will fund the States operation (NHS, Police, Welfare, Defence etc) and, should they have another referendum (sanctioned ot not) they will have to publish all this and you can bet your bottom dollar they will have learned from their earlier mistakes making it harder for the Remain camp to challenge their ideas.

The opposition (which is basically SCUP) need to be getting into the publics face through the written word, tv appearances, podcasts and radio informing the people just how the SNP/Greens have f*cked the country over so badly and how could you trust this shower to run a government supported by the wealth of a United Kingdom let alone an independent State beholden to the EU, China & Russia?

I've been saying it for years now but SCUP are sleep walking into an independent Scotland bc they'd rather sit on their more than ample backsides wringing their hands and fattening their bank balances.

I've been saying it for years now but SCUP are sleep walking into an independent Scotland
Alternatively, it's like the "First Minister did absolutely nothing wrong in forgetting all those meetings where she tried to sort out the Salmond Problem".

Once you present the "Look at all these examples of SNP incompetence" stories, they're used up. We've got a largely-compliant and fairly ineffectual Glasgow-based media who don't (or rarely) challenge the First Minister; a month later it would be old news, and every SNP candidate will be brushing it off as "dealt with".

If, however, you avoid pushing that narrative until just before a major election / referendum; then the headlines are fresher in the voters' minds. It's hard to know whether it's right or wrong, but we'll know when the campaigning gets closer to voting day.

Someone I know has a dog grooming business called "Hilton Hounds" I told them that was an apt name for the women (ahem) who went to the Dockyard Club on a Tuesday night.
As good as the ones at the Plymouth Mecca Ball at the end of Union Street or even the infamous Plymouth Yacht club?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes it is scaremongering, whether or not it is based on fact, supposition, rumour or just made up crap. By constantly repeating all the crap that was aired during the referendum people are visibly displaying they have nothing new to say, which is the reason the SNP are not exactly struggling in the polls, people have heard it all before and whether they believed it then or believe it now are bored with it all. Repetition only works for a while.

It is lazy thinking to dip back into what happened during the pre/post referendum days, most of that was based on comments the SNP made at the time, their manifesto and their Shite paper. Now you, and others may have missed this, but most statements/comments from the SNP currently don't mention how their economy in an independant Scotland will work (or not as I strongly suspect) nor how they will fund the States operation (NHS, Police, Welfare, Defence etc) and, should they have another referendum (sanctioned ot not) they will have to publish all this and you can bet your bottom dollar they will have learned from their earlier mistakes making it harder for the Remain camp to challenge their ideas.

The opposition (which is basically SCUP) need to be getting into the publics face through the written word, tv appearances, podcasts and radio informing the people just how the SNP/Greens have f*cked the country over so badly and how could you trust this shower to run a government supported by the wealth of a United Kingdom let alone an independent State beholden to the EU, China & Russia?

I've been saying it for years now but SCUP are sleep walking into an independent Scotland bc they'd rather sit on their more than ample backsides wringing their hands and fattening their bank balances.
I think questions are the way to go rather than Project Fear. Lets face it the BBC has 'when will you stop beating your wife' type questions to ruin the central governments public health policy. Just questioning the SNP on subjects like mortgages and loans and house prices without the wild scaremongering.

I'd like to see them asked about hard borders between England and Scotland, especially if they continue with their EU fantasies. A hard border might be mildly inconvenient to England but it would be a disaster for Scotland.

Personally I suspect that the EU would welcome Scotland into the EU because they would think it would be a punishment for Brexit. It would be Scots that would be punished as it would just give the EU another group of human shields to deploy. Forget scaremongering that we won't be allowed to join - the threat is that we will be allowed to join.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No, just that I'm bored to tears with constantly repeated stuff instead of people finding new stuff and explaining how it impacts individuals, the country or politics. TBH it just makes me switch off just like the political videos on Utube. It's no wonder the Scottish goldfish population just votes SNP as their attention span is getting less all the time bc of crap like this.

Rant over and thanks for trying to convince the confused on here that I'm a closet SNP supporter just like Fang is supposed to be :)

Your rosette is in the post.
Do you want 3 or 4 Window posters?

I think questions are the way to go rather than Project Fear. Lets face it the BBC has 'when will you stop beating your wife' type questions to ruin the central governments public health policy. Just questioning the SNP on subjects like mortgages and loans and house prices without the wild scaremongering.

I'd like to see them asked about hard borders between England and Scotland, especially if they continue with their EU fantasies. A hard border might be mildly inconvenient to England but it would be a disaster for Scotland.

Personally I suspect that the EU would welcome Scotland into the EU because they would think it would be a punishment for Brexit. It would be Scots that would be punished as it would just give the EU another group of human shields to deploy. Forget scaremongering that we won't be allowed to join - the threat is that we will be allowed to join.

I can't see Spain allowing it, unless the EU deny EU countries from having any veto over Scotland joining

The only reason the EU would countenance Scotland joining (in my opinion) is to get up the nose of the UK and punish us for having the temerity to vote Brexit.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I can't see Spain allowing it, unless the EU deny EU countries from having any veto over Scotland joining
Spain would be all for it, just to say to Westminster, "Now you know what Gibraltar is to us" ;)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Today's haul.

One letter to Mrs F. General LibDem type.
16183310540259092519688882590305.jpg

One vote SNP, addressed to me.
16183311255525057848576035241650.jpg

And 1 local SNP candidate flyer.
16183312036466635028427575275877.jpg

Destination
Fire place

Dredd

LE

You want something new, that was wasn't necessarily part of the Neverendum and is part of history that can be proved and not future projection that can be dismissed as fantasy?

Then how about this?

also true.jpg

ETA - I chuckled at the one about rising sex crime (even though that is no laughing matter) - would I be in trouble if my first thought was "but surely it wasn't all by one First Minister?"

Saw a few SC&U parties boards going up in Aberdeenshire today. What strikes me is that they are trying to either save money by using the last campaign ones or they are continuing to beat the ‘Stop Indy Ref 2’ drum.

Yeah we get that but what else?

Personally they would get more ground from me having ‘Vote SC&U to save the education system’, mentioning recovering from covid and what their plans are and highlight in big letters the the dire job that the SNP have done for the last three terms and what they will do to sort it...... and replace Douglas Ross, he just doesn’t have any panache whatsoever.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
1618350496543.png

Another tactical voting site that is saying only main parties for the list vote, Nobody except Galloway s buying into his Alliance scheme.

The difficulty being that this lot seem to think that North East Fife is in the Highlands and the they can't spell Skye.
This was sponsored on social media by Union for UK (or something very similar) however allegedly the same mistakes also appear on another very similar site sponsored by a slightly different lot.

Latest Threads