Scottish Politics Thread

Are people aware of this desperately sad PR stunt on twitter?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1614952106346.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614952106346.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 195

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Are people aware of this desperately sad PR stunt on twitter?
I'm not sure who is responsible for it but I looked up #WeeChubbs (3rd one down) on Twitter and she's an anti-SNP unionist. One way or another its fake.

Actually having Sturgeon running the SNP is quite a good thing. No hear me out here!!!! Sturgeon in charge means that Scotland will never get independence, as she clearly doesn't want Scotland to be independent. For years she's had her cult hanging on a string, giving them false promises "This time next year Rodney, we'll all be independent!!!" Ad infinitum! The cult fall for it, nothing happens, they get a bit moany, she makes another promise, nothing happens......and around and around we go.

Unfortunately for this to happen, we have to to have one of the most inept governments in recent history running Scotland. So it's a bit of a catch 22 situation, but until we get a half decent oppostion, I dont think anything will change anytime soon, as I've resigned myself to the fact that Non Stick Nic isn't going anywhere.
I like it, trying to think beyond the obvious.... The SNP seem far less committed to full independence these days. You can see that acted out with the hedge(reducing risk) its taken towards the idea of independence, as a nation inside another union(EU) and that in the short term was helped by our exit.

The increase in true believers is linked to the successful reduction in peoples minds of the risks. The problem now for the SNP, is you can only keep that position going for only so long. They're are now heavily leveraged to 'rejoin the EU' and every negative article about the EU damages that idea and why I think the SNP are now operating on very shaky ground.

The SNP performance is coming under question and its future prospectus is one that is losing credibility as the risk of rejoining the EU increases, not decreases as time passes.

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
Further to my earlier post about EURO 2020, Jason Leitch said at todays Party Political Broadcast that whether the matches go ahead in Glasgow is "up to the Tartan Army". WTF? Getting the excuse in quick so an SNP "NO" to UEFA next month can be blamed on the proletariat.

Hopefully, as rumoured, the English FA offer St James's Park up, but, inevitably, Krankie will decree that no Scots will be allowed to travel to Geordie land.

However, 4 million of us are graciously allowed to pile into polling stations in a single 15 hour window.

Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Jags - I was sympathetic to the Scottish Government’s position that they had concentrated on the hard to get more difficult cohort first.

I’m now finding that my cohort - 55 to 60 are a month or more behind England. My friends in England are getting vaccinated now. We’re not likely to be done until Mid to late April, and the following cohorts are even worse.

There are a number of factors around this and there are parts of England that are on a par with us but it does make one wonder.

@Fang_Farrier you sage comments would be welcome.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Some class memes doing the rounds yesterday
Stugeon’s performance wasn’t brilliant but doing a bit of reverse engineering. If she is innocent, or at least believes herself to be innocent how would you have expected her to behave.

If she is telling the truth what else could she have said or done? It’s a fairly well known phenomena that people who are unfairly accused can end up acting defensive, angry and shifty. It’s that game the BBC has been playing through the pandemic in order to discredit ministers like Hancock.

Jags - I was sympathetic to the Scottish Government’s position that they had concentrated on the hard to get more difficult cohort first.

I’m now finding that my cohort - 55 to 60 are a month or more behind England. My friends in England are getting vaccinated now. We’re not likely to be done until Mid to late April, and the following cohorts are even worse.

There are a number of factors around this and there are parts of England that are on a par with us but it does make one wonder.

Same here. I have friends, same age as myself down south, who had their first one weeks ago and not a word up here with myself and other friends.

Shambles is too kind a word.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Same here. I have friends, same age as myself down south, who had their first one weeks ago and not a word up here with myself and other friends.

No plan survives contact with the enemy (us) and I’m still willing to accept we’re in a reasonable catch up phase but a little mor explanation would be reassuring.

Perhaps they’re trying to emulate their EU heroes.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

And there's parts of Scotland that are ahead of England.

Last I heard we are at 27% of the 50-55 years old for Scotland.

Some areas will already have finished theirs. Orkney for instance.

Last I heard we are at 27% of the 50-55 years old for Scotland.

In that case it would be rather nice if they pause that cohort and put some effort into the 55-60 group and indeed the 60-65 group that are still waiting.

This area had just started the under 65 and clinically vulnerable...

JB

Looks like Swinneys office has been fly posted, Get that kids need sex education and understanding of same sex couples etc but telling primary school kids this does seem strange

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210306-174409_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-174409_Samsung Internet.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 108

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

There's no standard, different areas in the UK are all at different places in their vaccine plan.

There's differences even between GPs up here.
In that case it would be rather nice if they pause that cohort and put some effort into the 55-60 group and indeed the 60-65 group that are still waiting.

This area had just started the under 65 and clinically vulnerable...

JB

We are trying to do that. We have a specific committee overseeing vaccine distribution to try to even out the differences

Latest Threads