Scottish Politics Thread

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
Never mind all that, what about the fitba. The Scottish Government have to provide assurances to EUFA by April 7th that Scotland's two EURO 2020(1) matches against the Czech Republic and Croatia at Hampden are clear to go ahead. From what Chris McLaughlin is saying it ain't looking good for the Tartan Army. Good luck to Nippy if she cancels Scotland's first ever home staged tournament games and our first appearance at a finals since '98. Trading in Hampden for an empty stadium in Moscow will go down like the Belgrano with a sizeable portion of the electorate. :D :D :D

Most of the Tartan Army are over 60 now anyway so could let them all in as they'll have had their jags.

HCL

LE
Deaths are on some central databases.
I know that I don't have to inform anyone.
My monthly schedule from practitioner services includes all deceased.
Usually before we have heard about it from care home or family.

In theory once that's completed it doesn't take very long for any govt agencies to be informed. In practice there's sometimes be a bit of a delay as it cascades down internally.

Truxx

LE

In theory once that's completed it doesn't take very long for any govt agencies to be informed. In practice there's sometimes be a bit of a delay as it cascades down internally.
It took nearly 3 weeks for my auntie who karked it at the back end of last year to be officially recorded.

HCL

LE
It took nearly 3 weeks for my auntie who karked it at the back end of last year to be officially recorded.

It's meant to decrease the number of times you have to go through the same thing with all the different departments. It's not very well resourced, I'm afraid. The thought was there but not the will or the money to see it through.

edit dodgy h key

Truxx

LE
It's meant to decrease the number of times you have to go through the same thing with all the different departments. It's not very well resourced, I'm afraid. The thought was there but not the will or the money to see it through.

edit dodgy h key
I did the tell us once thing, but you can only do that once the coroner has officially recorded the death. And that was the thing that took time.

China makes **** swab Covid tests compulsory for foreign arrivals.
Will Scotland follow?
Only if the UK doesn’t.

ETA I didn’t know a<al was a dirty word. I must inform the Times

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
China makes **** swab Covid tests compulsory for foreign arrivals.
Will Scotland follow?
Only if the UK doesn’t.

ETA I didn’t know a<al was a dirty word. I must inform the Times
Call it a fecal test. I believe these are the most accurate tests.

Sewage testing has proved to effective for testing mass outbreaks and it’s highly accurate in individuals. Sewage signals early warning of coronavirus outbreaks

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

haloman

Old-Salt
IMG-20210304-WA0001.jpg

I have started reading Wings Over Scotland more recently, a large part of that is for amusement, but it also presents some interesting views within the ‘Indy’ movement.

The SNP have apparently written their draft manifesto and sent it out to branches which appears a damp squib.

Anyway this got me thinking after the whole Salmond/Sturgeon debacle that ultimately the SNP are at a bit of a dead end.

I genuinely believe that if Alex had started his Indy party (as rumoured), even as a silent puppet master, he would destroy the SNP this year as they have no answer for Indy.

I do also doubt a new Indy party would jump into bed with the SNP to form a coalition as they wouldn’t want to be tarnished by their baggage if they did take the number of seats quoted somewhere in there (28 or 38ish). This makes things even more interesting as it brings the question of how many SNP voters actually want Independence.

Either way the hard ball nationalists would walk (the ones that aren’t already completely fed up with her after the last two weeks), and there’s nothing that Nippy could say or do to get them back; these are the same people who are on social media and other platforms 24/7 trying to protect mammy as they have no alternative....... just now.

If this happened you would have a true idea of real ‘Indy 2’ support and I think it would then show it as a busted flush, but that aside, the SNP would have a real problem as they wouldn’t really have a ‘reason’ to exist that is out with any other party who are not ‘Indy or bust’ driven, no matter how much they say “Scotland/Westminster/Tories” in every sentence.

This would no doubt lead to a rapid decline in support from those who vote for their pockets as opposed to Independence, particularly if Sarwar can/could lift SLab.

Obviously timing is everything and it’s not going to be able to play out thus in May however it may be the law of unintended consequences in its truest form for Nicoliar should she still lead the SNP in 5 years time (which I think is unlikely).

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have started reading Wings Over Scotland more recently, a large part of that is for amusement, but it also presents some interesting views within the ‘Indy’ movement.

The SNP have apparently written their draft manifesto and sent it out to branches which appears a damp squib.

Anyway this got me thinking after the whole Salmond/Sturgeon debacle that ultimately the SNP are at a bit of a dead end.

I genuinely believe that if Alex had started his Indy party (as rumoured), even as a silent puppet master, he would destroy the SNP this year as they have no answer for Indy.

I do also doubt a new Indy party would jump into bed with the SNP to form a coalition as they wouldn’t want to be tarnished by their baggage if they did take the number of seats quoted somewhere in there (28 or 38ish). This makes things even more interesting as it brings the question of how many SNP voters actually want Independence.

Either way the hard ball nationalists would walk (the ones that aren’t already completely fed up with her after the last two weeks), and there’s nothing that Nippy could say or do to get them back; these are the same people who are on social media and other platforms 24/7 trying to protect mammy as they have no alternative....... just now.

If this happened you would have a true idea of real ‘Indy 2’ support and I think it would then show it as a busted flush, but that aside, the SNP would have a real problem as they wouldn’t really have a ‘reason’ to exist that is out with any other party who are not ‘Indy or bust’ driven, no matter how much they say “Scotland/Westminster/Tories” in every sentence.

This would no doubt lead to a rapid decline in support from those who vote for their pockets as opposed to Independence, particularly if Sarwar can/could lift SLab.

Obviously timing is everything and it’s not going to be able to play out thus in May however it may be the law of unintended consequences in its truest form for Nicoliar should she still lead the SNP in 5 years time (which I think is unlikely).

There has been talk f a second Indy type party for some time but more to do with the electoral system for Holyrood.
At present if you win the constituency seat it takes you out of the running for list seats, so in fact 2 votes for SNP is actually a bit of a waste.
The proposal has been, ( and the Rev from Bath was a fierce proponent for a while) was for SNP to fight for constituency seats and a second Indy party to sweep up the List seats.
However nobody has gotten off their backsides to do it, which is just as well, as it wold possibly mean the end of any sort of democracy as it would wipe out the opposition,
It is no surprise that currently most opposition MSPs are in on list system,

Latest Threads