Scottish Politics Thread

It'll be the most bent election in the history of these Isles, I think. God help anyone who isn't in the Party if the nasties steal get a majority.
A bent election at its core is the mobilisation of the body of people who have no real opinion(youngest), or opinions are afflicted by some mental/cognitive problem(oldest) and both groups are essentially marking an X under some form of duress.

What will be worthwhile watching is I strongly believe the SNP beancounters are well aware of the declining numbers and its worthwhile watching those care homes and young peoples social media for an SNP communist style sprint to harvest as many votes as possible.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A bent election at its core is the mobilisation of the body of people who have no real opinion(youngest), or opinions are afflicted by some mental/cognitive problem(oldest) and both groups are essentially marking an X under some form of duress.

What will be worthwhile watching is I strongly believe the SNP beancounters are well aware of the declining numbers and its worthwhile watching those care homes and young peoples social media for an SNP communist style sprint to harvest as many votes as possible.

Care home folks are going nowhere in the current pandemic.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
But I'm sure a friendly SNP representative would be willing to sort out those postal votes for them.

Care home visiting is only resuming this week and is tightly controlled.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You’re forgetting the staff

Not at all, such matters should be a controlled matter. And doubt it would be worth the effort and subterfuge involved weighed against the potential loss of employment.
Plus, currently most staff are a bit busy with other stuff.

In my experience, an urban myth.

But I'm sure a friendly SNP representative would be willing to sort out those postal votes for them.

I'd be suspicious of postal votes cast by care home residents. Has the Electoral register been kept up to date with with poor sods who died being removed from the register ? No one at the home is expecting a vote for a decreased resident to turn up so there's a few votes to keep an MSP in their seat.

Not that I'm claiming that any political party would do such a thing, just pointing out one way of committing fraud.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'd be suspicious of postal votes cast by care home residents. Has the Electoral register been kept up to date with with poor sods who died being removed from the register ? No one at the home is expecting a vote for a decreased resident to turn up so there's a few votes to keep an MSP in their seat.

Not that I'm claiming that any political party would do such a thing, just pointing out one way of committing fraud.

Deaths are on some central databases.
I know that I don't have to inform anyone.
My monthly schedule from practitioner services includes all deceased.
Usually before we have heard about it from care home or family.

If you had a person do a political test and that person has zero interest in politics they're can be categorised as low information voters and either see the parties by the branding, or some historic memory that is no longer true. So modern politics has become deeply corrupt in its selling practices.

The postal vote takes away the pressure placed on a person to cast a vote without influence and can place a person into a position where they're are influenced and also the old message control of knowing roughly when a vote will be cast and ensuring that weeks news is positive for your party as one of optimism.

As for outright illegality, it does exist but our systems and processes simply can't detect anything unless its perpetrated by idiots who take it too far (see tower hamlets).

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
Never mind all that, what about the fitba. The Scottish Government have to provide assurances to EUFA by April 7th that Scotland's two EURO 2020(1) matches against the Czech Republic and Croatia at Hampden are clear to go ahead. From what Chris McLaughlin is saying it ain't looking good for the Tartan Army. Good luck to Nippy if she cancels Scotland's first ever home staged tournament games and our first appearance at a finals since '98. Trading in Hampden for an empty stadium in Moscow will go down like the Belgrano with a sizeable portion of the electorate. :D :D :D

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Never mind all that, what about the fitba. The Scottish Government have to provide assurances to EUFA by April 7th that Scotland's two EURO 2020(1) matches against the Czech Republic and Croatia at Hampden are clear to go ahead. From what Chris McLaughlin is saying it ain't looking good for the Tartan Army. Good luck to Nippy if she cancels Scotland's first ever home staged tournament games and our first appearance at a finals since '98. Trading in Hampden for an empty stadium in Moscow will go down like the Belgrano with a sizeable portion of the electorate. :D :D :D

Given that the 6N has gone ahead and various premier league matches, no reason for international football to be played under same restrictions

Given that the 6N has gone ahead and various premier league matches, no reason for international football to be played under same restrictions
They could also do what they did with the champions league last season and have all the teams in bubbles in one country but the needs fans in to make money out of it.

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
International football has, obviously, been under the same restrictions as every other sport.

Scotland won their most famous match since 1977 in an empty stadium in Belgrade recently.

This is about supporters returning to stadiums in late June. As seen on the BBC news tonight, Scotland and Ireland are the only host nations who haven't agreed, and are probably unlikely to agree, to have supporters attend in the summer. UEFA will then rearrange the Scotland games thus removing them from Glasgow and preventing Scottish supporters attending whilst every other host nation (including England) will allow supporters in. A decision by an SNP government that will be as popular as a fart in a space suit with large amounts of folk in Scotland.

Last edited:
1614885748141.png

The FM instead of answering the question, verbally abused Ruth Davidson’s decision to join the House of Lords. Sturgeon refers to it as an unelected body.
Instead of a second chamber Scotland uses committees manned by MSPs. We have 129 MSPs, 56 of them are unelected by name. I think the Scottish voting system is shit, but I can’t offer an alternative bar; one potato, two potato, three potato, four