Scottish Politics Thread

mrboo

LE
I am seeing on social media the Scottish Greens will back the motion of no confidence in John Swinney unless the Government provides the Salmond Inquiry with the evidence it needs..

Swinney clearly knew the writing was on the wall for him if it went to a vote, now we just need Salmond’s evidence and things could get interesting.....

6B4C0F1E-EFDA-4F35-AFEA-67D934207A4E.png

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wonder if the LibDems deliberately had today as a delivery date for these.

20210303_174105.jpg
20210303_174055.jpg
20210303_174038.jpg

Their message, don't vote SC&U!

Bit much when the only thing a political party has to offer the electorate is the ability to beat another one....what an effing mess...even worse than Westminster. I reckon the sweaties should look to Wales where there is a bit of traction to get rid of the Assembly altogether.
Probably also a good time to remember that Clan warfare killed more jocks than the English ever did.

Last edited:
I find the scottish media amusing for its inherent bias. After the latest survation poll, it stated: 'the SNP are down only 1 point' as it broke the news, that the support for independence has dropped to 50% and made reference to 50%, is a floor which guarantees the SNP a slim majority.

In the real world the analysis of data is the SNP have lost 5 points in a very short period of time (almost a point a week) according to Survation and that was before Sarwar and the Salmond/Sturgeon Battle. The growing sense of tactical voting may well play a significant part in this election and should make any SNP supporter very concerned.

If after all the anti-english rhetoric, the SNP get broadly the same numbers as they're did in the 2016 election, I don't see how she can say another referendum has the mandate.

HCL

LE
I find the scottish media amusing for its inherent bias. After the latest survation poll, it stated: 'the SNP are down only 1 point' as it broke the news, that the support for independence has dropped to 50% and made reference to 50%, is a floor which guarantees the SNP a slim majority.

In the real world the analysis of data is the SNP have lost 5 points in a very short period of time (almost a point a week) according to Survation and that was before Sarwar and the Salmond/Sturgeon Battle. The growing sense of tactical voting may well play a significant part in this election and should make any SNP supporter very concerned.

If after all the anti-english rhetoric, the SNP get broadly the same numbers as they're did in the 2016 election, I don't see how she can say another referendum has the mandate.

It'll be the most bent election in the history of these Isles, I think. God help anyone who isn't in the Party if the nasties steal get a majority.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Today's FMQs should be interesting with questions from non-Nats starting, "Does the First Minister recall........".

Latest Threads