Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I saw that interesting birthday card to a 16yo (I wonder if it was Deek's idea, what does he do for his pay these days and when will partei suspension turn into partei exclusion, how long does it take to have an enquiry?) what worried me more was the thought that the SNP are data mining the voter registration rolls to find anyone of that age, to groom them into the cult. Who paid for this; the cult or more likely my taxes?

edited to add: waits for @Fang_Farrier to come along and say it's only the Chief Mammy reaching out to Scottish youth and promising to be their special Named Person.

Me, none of the elder Kids received anything like that at 16 or 18.

Think it's a waste of money.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It’s not so much they did so I can do it. In all cases it is grooming. But how do they know when you are 18 or 16, where did they get your address from. Where is this data base of juveniles before they reach voting age and haven’t registered yet.
Is there a government department ‘Groomers’ who then pass out the details to all parties or does each party run its own database.
It’s wrong

Electoral Register.

There's an opt out clause for appearing publicly on it.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The magic word there is publicly. I wonder if an aspiring journalist would have the time to cross reference the public version with the governments version and see if any data protection issues arise

Would imagine that data protection issues would be someone accessing 14, 15 year olds names and addresses for research purposes!

Oh dear.

Economical with the truth, mis-informed - or just another liar that has been found out?

Looks like the media are stepping up their interest. Lost their fear of being ostracised?

Is this the start of the collapse. I suspect Swinney is going to say **** you hen, I'm saving my skin and releases the documents.
He might see it as an additional way to save his skin as fully think Nippy would have/will throw him under the bus when the education report is published (once they’ve taken out the bits they don’t like), so she has him “judged on my record” regarding education.

Saying that it could work both ways which would be even more interesting!!

homeworker

War Hero
Looks like the media are stepping up their interest. Lost their fear of being ostracised?
The press are smelling blood, re the SNP and any fear of reprisals have been swept aside in the need for headlines.
I rate the press about as highly as I rate our current crop of politicians. They can both thrash around in the mud at the bottom of the pond. They are made for each other.

TamH70

MIA
Got my letter from Wee Nippy this morning, inviting me to register for a postal vote, saying that it's the safest option in this current pandemicy thing.

Thing is, she's right, the less I go out the better as far as I'm concerned, but why is an official postal vote registration form accompanying something that's got the SNP and ScotGov branding all over it, and could be construed as the SNP and their boss wanting me to vote for them?

It's a bit suss as far as I'm concerned, and I voted for the Nats in the last election. Any grown-ups got an opinion?

Got my letter from Wee Nippy this morning, inviting me to register for a postal vote, saying that it's the safest option in this current pandemicy thing.

Thing is, she's right, the less I go out the better as far as I'm concerned, but why is an official postal vote registration form accompanying something that's got the SNP and ScotGov branding all over it, and could be construed as the SNP and their boss wanting me to vote for them?

It's a bit suss as far as I'm concerned, and I voted for the Nats in the last election. Any grown-ups got an opinion?
Got the same and it went straight in the bin.

Dredd

LE

I got a similar one from the SC&U, suggesting postal voting and could do it though their HO.

A while back I had a canvasser on the doorstep and told them I was definitely not a fan of either independence or the SNP, but likely to vote Conservative for MP as I had thought the LDs had tragically lost touch with the Liberal part of their name. Lo and behold, the next thing I got was an envelope with raffle tickets to sell as a fundraiser for them! Haven't had the heart to tell them I am not a Party (or even party) person . . .

What would boil my micturition fluid though would not be getting the SNP logo on the letter, but a ScotGov one. These, as I have said in a similar post, are two totally separate things but the YesNP have been excellent at conflating the two so they appear synonymous.

Spanner strikes again

TamH70

MIA
I got a similar one from the SC&U, suggesting postal voting and could do it though their HO.

A while back I had a canvasser on the doorstep and told them I was definitely not a fan of either independence or the SNP, but likely to vote Conservative for MP as I had thought the LDs had tragically lost touch with the Liberal part of their name. Lo and behold, the next thing I got was an envelope with raffle tickets to sell as a fundraiser for them! Haven't had the heart to tell them I am not a Party (or even party) person . . .

What would boil my micturition fluid though would not be getting the SNP logo on the letter, but a ScotGov one. These, as I have said in a similar post, are two totally separate things but the YesNP have been excellent at conflating the two so they appear synonymous.
I mispook. It wasn't the ScotGov logo, but Votesafe.scot, and when I read it, I hadn't yet had my second cup of hot, brown, sweet liquid from Kenco.

Who are they, btw?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I mispook. It wasn't the ScotGov logo, but Votesafe.scot, and when I read it, I hadn't yet had my second cup of hot, brown, sweet liquid from Kenco.

Who are they, btw?
Never mind about that, just be a good laddie and sign and send the form back, ye ken? ;)

Who are they, btw?
1614613671823.png

Scroll down to the

Website and Web Server Information​

1614613822852.png

View attachment 553622

Scroll down to the

Website and Web Server Information​

View attachment 553623
That looks kosher.
Are there any real journalists in Scotland?

Latest Threads