Scottish Politics Thread

homeworker

War Hero
Given that the ‘May’ election is not far away there is not much flesh on the bones of what a post independence world would look like, IMHO something needs to be put out because ‘it will be alright on the night’ is not a good way to plan a county’s future.

I received 18th Birthday cards from all three main English parties, admittedly quite a while ago now. I thought it was common practice one you reached voting age.
It’s not so much they did so I can do it. In all cases it is grooming. But how do they know when you are 18 or 16, where did they get your address from. Where is this data base of juveniles before they reach voting age and haven’t registered yet.
Is there a government department ‘Groomers’ who then pass out the details to all parties or does each party run its own database.
It’s wrong

Rab_C

LE
It’s not so much they did so I can do it. In all cases it is grooming. But how do they know when you are 18 or 16, where did they get your address from. Where is this data base of juveniles before they reach voting age and haven’t registered yet.
Is there a government department ‘Groomers’ who then pass out the details to all parties or does each party run its own database.
It’s wrong
I assumed it was from the electoral roll which you appeared on when you reached the age of majority.

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
1614599848710.png

1614599884695.png

1614599918782.png

mrboo

LE
On the radio this morning Wales were calling for a referendum as 16% in favor of it. Yet 17% were calling for all powers to return to Westminster. I know it's been called for up here but I wonder how long it will be before people really start to push for it. I for one would be happy to see the shortbread senate burnt t to the ground

Met a middle class Scottish woman yesterday while walking the dog (2m apart. Me and her not the dog).
Her opinion was that the main SNP support cam from the great unwashed and the English immigrants to Scotland. Really. The English get the blame whatever

The Irish at least had a language and faith(catholic), that was in opposition to the mainland and a national story of exclusion, which fuelled the argument for separation. The SNP have built independence on nothing else, but a dislike of the tories, by successfully arguing that 'Tory' is just another word for the English.

I'm absolutely convinced that an independent Scotland would descend very quickly into something akin politically to Belgium, with two/three or even four distinct parts of the nation all at each others throats and lead to very weak central governance and an inevitable rise in corruption that flows from that kind of government.

Latest Threads