Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Trouble is, what happens when Sturgeon goes? Chances are it'll be someone on the Braveheart side of the party to mobilise the extremists who are just waiting to follow whoever promises 'Independence now!', but going by the content of The Destroyers above, they'll need to have very deep pockets indeed because, as it makes clear, these campaigns don't fund themselves.

Lardboy possibly, or Cherry, of whom I don't know much, or Salmond riding (pun not intended) on the crest of a wave?

The problem with Cherry and Blackford is that they are MPs and the SNP needs its leader to be in Holyrood.

Salmond is not a shoe in to get elected, he lost his last seat, plus despite the fact that he was not found guilty, he had to admit to be a serial womanizer.

The problem with Cherry and Blackford is that they are MPs and the SNP needs its leader to be in Holyrood.

Salmond is not a shoe in to get elected, he lost his last seat, plus despite the fact that he was not found guilty, he had to admit to be a serial womanizer.

Could be a chance for Prince Harry to return to blighty, Megan joins the SNP and climbs the slippery slopes to power, and being BAME she'll have more teflon than wee nippy

Rape, loot and plunder
Excellent.
1614275957251.png

Preston, Carlisle & Berwick on Tweed first then!
;)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It was Cherry’s plan a year ago to stand as an MSP - She was looking to replace Ruth Davidson at Edinburgh Central. She would have had a chance of winning as a good part of that seat is within her Edinburgh South West Westminster seat. If on winning she was going to resign from Westminster.

Du Du Du Dum - Enter the Party pooper :

Jul 20 SNP NEC agreed the rules for standing as an MSP whilst being an MP should be changed. Cherry would have to resign as an MP 3 to 4 months prior to the Holyrood elections. This would allow a by-election to take place on the same day as the Holyrood elections, thus saving money.

The logic seems sound but many saw it as a move to block Cherry moving into Holyrood.

Angus Robertson will now contest the Edinburgh Central seat, Scott Douglas is the SC nomination - last time round Ruth won by 610 votes.

There's plenty evidence on social media of nats saying ignore it, get independence and sort it after. That is country over party.

I would suggest that there is a 3rd aspect to add to country and party and that is Ego.

Salmond and his acolytes want to be the ones to deliver Scotland to its future.

the 2007 victory, 2009 homecoming gathering 2011 the RRS snaking over the hill for new colours all led to 2014

radio Scotland had a interview where the former FM had breaking news that avoided the questions posed at him
It summed up the whole prospects, no hard fact just speculative suggestions that didn’t convince.

Jock Tamson surely?

Depends which side of the border you are, Jock Thomson is interchangeable with Tamson on the Northumberland side.
I think my grandmother (from the Scots side) used to use Tamson whilst my grandfather (from the English side) used Thomson. Both long gone so I can't ask them but thats how I recall it.
Exactly the same thing with small regional variances.

Latest Threads