Scottish Politics Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This woman will do ANYTHING to deflect the flak - divert attention away from her total disregard for the rule of law or what is right.... I want to puke...
Strange how that was the first thing that came to my mind also!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It seems to be a compilation of his various tweets and others he has retweeted over the last wee while.

Don't think it contains anything new at all.

More a puff piece for the Spectator, of which, as he points out, he is chairman.
My surprise is more that it has been picked up by a mainstream news source (I know, I know, it's the wail, but still).

Truxx

LE
It seems to be a compilation of his various tweets and others he has retweeted over the last wee while.

Don't think it contains anything new at all.

More a puff piece for the Spectator, of which, as he points out, he is chairman.
Do not underestimate the significance of this; a bit like the issue being both on the BBC news and taking the No1 slot on the ITV news at 10 last evening.

When the stench can be smelled down in the southern lands it is a stench indeed, and, given more of the same over the coming days, will be a stench difficult to ignore.

My surprise is more that it has been picked up by a mainstream news source (I know, I know, it's the wail, but still).
Everything a politician says live on air is important because it tells you what they're fear and what block of voters they're are targeting. I watched an SNP bod on channel 4 news last night, wittering on about the priority of scottish independence, is to get back into the european union.

It seems quite clear to me the SNP are starting to sense the media protection afforded to it, as a remain party has been pulled and that gold mine is the one that delivered those tasty polls of widespread support for scottish independence. With several political crisis at once for Sturgeon and she is reverting to type and simply shouting is starting to sound out of tune.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

BBC take on it. A bit milder than Mr Neil.
The SNP trolls haven’t minded when Sturgeon has been on the Beeb every day but they are melting down in FaceBook and Twitter because there is a hint of criticism.

Oddly enough I have something in common with them. I also think the BBC is no longer fit for purpose. It’s performance during this time of Covid has been disgraceful.

In Scotland it has been less inclined to destroy the government’s public health messages as it has in England but it has pretty much ignored the Salmond scandal.

Balanced reporting of the facts would actually be quite helpful. At the moment there is a tendency to see it all through partisan filters.

It looks like the UK Govt has started to play the SNP at their own game and direct funds away from the Govt directly to councils to stop Queen Nicolas SNP election bribes war chest - more of this please, time to really start fecking with the evil bitches heed!

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
Everything a politician says live on air is important because it tells you what they're fear and what block of voters they're are targeting. I watched an SNP bod on channel 4 news last night, wittering on about the priority of scottish independence, is to get back into the european union.

It seems quite clear to me the SNP are starting to sense the media protection afforded to it, as a remain party has been pulled and that gold mine is the one that delivered those tasty polls of widespread support for scottish independence. With several political crisis at once for Sturgeon and she is reverting to type and simply shouting is starting to sound out of tune
"Out of Tune"

Attachments

• NS _BS.jpg
    NS _BS.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 51

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It looks like the UK Govt has started to play the SNP at their own game and direct funds away from the Govt directly to councils to stop Queen Nicolas SNP election bribes war chest - more of this please, time to really start fecking with the evil bitches heed!

There are UK Government adverts on commercial radio up here for raising export capacity

Latest Threads