Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

mrboo

LE
Having had a minute to compose myself I've given this some more thought.

The objective isn't to protect the anonymity of anyone. Any sections of the document which are now to be redacted can not be used as evidence in the enquiry against Sturgeon (PBUH). This isn't about protecting women, it's about protecting HER and, to me at least, absolutely confirms that COPFS is in the back pocket of the SNP. No debate about it now, Scotland is no better than a third world banana republic, sooner or later, BoJo is going to have to step in.

Edit: Typo
Daily Fail pointing everyone to the best bits

From a SNP councillor. Guess that's him kicked out the party then.

Dredd

LE
Oh dear - could this be a case of the Law of Unintended Consequences?

To be fair though, the big question is - when did they arrange this trip? Because the noise the YesNP have been making about shutting EVERYONE away for 10 days WITHOUT EXCEPTION has been used as a political weapon since they dreamed it up - indeed, Fatty used it again in the HoC just this very day.

Capture.PNG

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How come the media is not camped across the road from Bute House poised and ready to shout "will you be resigning?" every time the FM steps outside?

Because she's not staying there.

This was revealed when the decorators were in during a previous period of lockdown.

Expense savings and reduced staff were the reasons given.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I am genuinely sick to death of the arguments each way for releasing the lockdown or not and how fast or how slow - I am an engineer by trade and the solution to me is obvious, vaccinate 24/7 and do not stop until all that can be vaccinated have been,.

Meanwhile, where there is very little risk release the lockdown. My local area, East Dunbartonshire could easily move to lesser restrictions now based on the Scot govt numbers below.

For sturgeon to be talking about the end of April is ludicrous and probably only being done to minimise the chances of a spike just before the Scottish elections which of course just happen to occur after the lockdown release!

The drug companies are saying there is no problem at their end of the supply chain and I just dont believe there is insufficient to go to a 24/7 model however, even if that is the case it should still be being done 24/7 because that increases the amount of people who will gain protection in the shortest amount of time after jag 1. My mum went door to door inoculating people (it was either TB or polio cant remember which) in their houses as a young nurse in the late 50s so their are ways and means of increasing the pace if we are prepared to do so and the damage we are doing to our businesses and kids calls for an extraordinary effort

View attachment 551961

Am not sure where you are getting your information on a plentiful supply of vaccine from.

The downturn in production of Pfizer due to a factory refurbishment has been well advertised.
As well as the fact that we are now entering into second dose time. This alone would mean that we would need twice as much to maintain current rates

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ahhh

Well it is both the media and me that have been outsmarted then.

Where she's actually staying has been the subject of much speculation.

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
So Salmond will not now appear at the investigation tomorrow. This appalling show makes a complete mockery of this country and it's supposed superior governance.

If this shower of sh*te get back in again in May then I will accept, without any argument, that Scotland is indeed "Too stupid".

HCL

LE
Where she's actually staying has been the subject of much speculation p1ss taking#

More appropriate FF. Hope you don't mind.

# I can neither confirm or deny this scurrilous addition of golden showering innuendo.

My gimp suit? Why thank you and the bed of nails is through that green door?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
More appropriate FF. Hope you don't mind.

# I can neither confirm or deny this scurrilous addition of golden showering innuendo.

My gimp suit? Why thank you and the bed of nails is through that green door?

Why would I mind, it was put there deliberately as a straight line for a response. :)

So Salmond will not now appear at the investigation tomorrow. This appalling show makes a complete mockery of this country and it's supposed superior governance.

If this shower of sh*te get back in again in May then I will accept, without any argument, that Scotland is indeed "Too stupid".
Why don’t you demand another election until you get the answer you want.... what’s good for the goose!!

Just to change tack for a moment. I have recieved my invite for a COVID jag at the beginning of March.
I am under 60 (Just) and I am not a key worker. @Fang_Farrier are you now injecting the "ordinary" folk routinely, or am I just lucky. (not complaining by the way)

Latest Threads