Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
TBH even when he reigns himself in he comes over as a man you wouldn’t willingly want to spend time with.
Then when he posts pissed ( which it looks like he does frequently) the mask truly slips and his true bigotry is revealed for all to admire.
odius creature imho.
Look, I already said it wasn't me!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Having had a minute to compose myself I've given this some more thought.

The objective isn't to protect the anonymity of anyone. Any sections of the document which are now to be redacted can not be used as evidence in the enquiry against Sturgeon (PBUH). This isn't about protecting women, it's about protecting HER and, to me at least, absolutely confirms that COPFS is in the back pocket of the SNP. No debate about it now, Scotland is no better than a third world banana republic, sooner or later, BoJo is going to have to step in.

Edit: Typo
The one constant of the SNP since 2016, has been a lack of transparency. Lets hope the scottish people are been less than transparent with the polling companies and deliver a very neccessary course correction.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It downloaded to my phone when I was reading it. Is it allowed to post it here? Don't want get the COs in any bother, even if they were smurfs, and Ruperts too!
I suggest you don't, it's already out there no point in causing grief.

. . . and Fust Mammy plays yet more politics with Covid . . .

I am genuinely sick to death of the arguments each way for releasing the lockdown or not and how fast or how slow - I am an engineer by trade and the solution to me is obvious, vaccinate 24/7 and do not stop until all that can be vaccinated have been,.

Meanwhile, where there is very little risk release the lockdown. My local area, East Dunbartonshire could easily move to lesser restrictions now based on the Scot govt numbers below.

For sturgeon to be talking about the end of April is ludicrous and probably only being done to minimise the chances of a spike just before the Scottish elections which of course just happen to occur after the lockdown release!

The drug companies are saying there is no problem at their end of the supply chain and I just dont believe there is insufficient to go to a 24/7 model however, even if that is the case it should still be being done 24/7 because that increases the amount of people who will gain protection in the shortest amount of time after jag 1. My mum went door to door inoculating people (it was either TB or polio cant remember which) in their houses as a young nurse in the late 50s so their are ways and means of increasing the pace if we are prepared to do so and the damage we are doing to our businesses and kids calls for an extraordinary effort

1614092765592.png

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
I am genuinely sick to death of the arguments each way for releasing the lockdown or not and how fast or how slow - I am an engineer by trade and the solution to me is obvious, vaccinate 24/7 and do not stop until all that can be vaccinated have been,.

Meanwhile, where there is very little risk release the lockdown. My local area, East Dunbartonshire could easily move to lesser restrictions now based on the Scot govt numbers below.

For sturgeon to be talking about the end of April is ludicrous and probably only being done to minimise the chances of a spike just before the Scottish elections which of course just happen to occur after the lockdown release!

The drug companies are saying there is no problem at their end of the supply chain and I just dont believe there is insufficient to go to a 24/7 model however, even if that is the case it should still be being done 24/7 because that increases the amount of people who will gain protection in the shortest amount of time after jag 1. My mum went door to door inoculating people (it was either TB or polio cant remember which) in their houses as a young nurse in the late 50s so their are ways and means of increasing the pace if we are prepared to do so and the damage we are doing to our businesses and kids calls for an extraordinary effort

View attachment 551961
Yup, another 8-9 weeks (at least) before even shops, restaurants, barbers etc can open. I think she is now trying to bore us all to death (or into voting SNPeeee). I'd take some upbeat Johnson quasi-buffoonery over this soul destroying mince. And, rather amazingly, things open up just before the Scottish elections......

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yup, another 8-9 weeks (at least) before even shops, restaurants, barbers etc can open. I think she is now trying to bore us all to death (or into voting SNPeeee). I'd take some upbeat Johnson quasi-buffoonery over this soul destroying mince. And, rather amazingly, things open up just before the Scottish elections......
And the longer she keeps us locked down (or up depending on you pov) means less time other Parties can reach out to the populace prior to the ScotGE.

Latest Threads