Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No offence intended, but Key Workers, by definition, should be a higher priority for the vaccine than someone who's sole contribution to society is the ability to count to potato.

Perhaps but it is easier for a key worker to socially distance and they probably are not at the mercy of having care workers tend to them.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

@Werewolf for a better understanding of where the various different categories of learning disability fit into the JCVI.

As I said it is a 4 nation approach and based on scientific/medical advice rather than a political decision.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And one of the care homes I vaccinated on Friday was a facility for adults with learning disabilities.

We could not go earlier because of a covid outbreak.

8 of them died.

So @Werewolf you can shove your disagree up your arse

@Werewolf for a better understanding of where the various different categories of learning disability fit into the JCVI.

As I said it is a 4 nation approach and based on scientific/medical advice rather than a political decision.

And it's still the wrong decision.

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
Sturgeon getting her defence in first with the BBC and STV before Fat Eck's appearance on Wednesday. A reaction to the 1st link at the bottom.......

"So let's get this right. Sturgeon's story that the meeting on March 29th with Geoff Aberdein was the first she had heard of the allegations against Alex Salmond. Lets forget for a second that Aberdein states that the meeting was set up by Liz Lloyd, and not a chance encounter as she alleges.
She is then informed for the FIRST time that Salmond, who may I remind you was a close political ally of Sturgeon's for 30 years, her closest political friend and muse, a man she served with as his Deputy First Minister and his Depute Leader Of The SNP, is being investigated for sexual assault by HER government and HER Civil Servants.....and she forgets all about it?"

HCL

LE
Yes, because prioritising those who's jobs are vital to keeping society functioning is exactly the same as Aktion T4. :rolleyes:

Oh dear.
It is, actually, it is.
Do you understand what a sociopath is?
Oops. Silly me. That's a mobeius loop.
Never mind. I'm certain your next reincarnation will set you back on the path.

HCL

LE
Sturgeon getting her defence in first with the BBC and STV before Fat Eck's appearance on Wednesday. A reaction to the 1st link at the bottom.......

"So let's get this right. Sturgeon's story that the meeting on March 29th with Geoff Aberdein was the first she had heard of the allegations against Alex Salmond. Lets forget for a second that Aberdein states that the meeting was set up by Liz Lloyd, and not a chance encounter as she alleges.
She is then informed for the FIRST time that Salmond, who may I remind you was a close political ally of Sturgeon's for 30 years, her closest political friend and muse, a man she served with as his Deputy First Minister and his Depute Leader Of The SNP, is being investigated for sexual assault by HER government and HER Civil Servants.....and she forgets all about it?"

I've had a quick read sans appendix. Some of the civil serants may be looking at charges I think. But who isn't untainted that could bring them?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've had a quick read sans appendix. Some of the civil serants may be looking at charges I think. But who isn't untainted that could bring them?
I think what you are trying to say is so much work has been put in messing this whole affair around that nobody knows who is responsible for what/to whom/by anyone?

Maybe Nicky has a copy of Marmion up on her bathroom wall.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive"​

What she does not realise though is the poem is about the spanking that the Scots got at Flodden :)

ETC The spelling of Marmion.

Last edited:

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
Ooooft! Just watched breaking news on SKY, Salmond just tossed another couple of grenades in, obviously in reaction to Nippy on the telly this evening. Nothing on the website as yet but another batch of claims reference an apparent attempt to jail him, more as yet unseen text messages between SNP grown ups etc SKY Scottish correspondent claiming "bombshell evidence".

Edit just broke on Herald:

Last edited:

Latest Threads