Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

1613994653110.png

1613994686201.png

The first picture is currently doing the rounds amongst the SNP twitterati. Should someone tell them?

You think? Some of the roads in the Central Belt are a disgrace.
Roads in my local authority are like the surface of the moon. They were granted £1.5 million of the taxpayers money to provide better segregation of a cycle lane as a "COVID mitigation measure". They put cones along the length of the cycle lane.

You think? Some of the roads in the Central Belt are a disgrace.
Maybe they should have more equitably dished out the money that was spunked (£692 mill) on bringing the M74 motorway right into the middle of Glasgow. Good idea, a 70MPH motorway into a virtual dead end.

I wonder if the SNP have been stockpiling cash for a post-election attempt at UDI? I'm not sure how long the 'missing' £8bn would keep them going though...

Annual deficit, pre Covid, was circa 12-14Bn (paid for by Barnett) so without Barnett money 6 -7 months but the huge amount of coming pre indy freebies promises (bribes) would obviously eat into that period and after that everything will come crashing down around our heads

Annual deficit, pre Covid, was circa 12-14Bn (paid for by Barnett) so without Barnett money 6 -7 months but the huge amount of coming pre indy freebies promises (bribes) would obviously eat into that period and after that everything will come crashing down around our heads

Everyone who has voted for free prescriptions, free higher education, etc., etc. will find that it isn't, in fact, free and that they'll not see it again. This would be equally true if Scotland were to be able to join the EU. Joining the Euro will not allow Nicola Sturgeon to continue her largesse.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Could be worse, if we were still in the EU we would be really struggling to get them.

ETA we could of course get the stuff that is going to France and Germany as they are not using theirs

Unfortunately it's the Pfizer we need for second doses.

Mix and match of vaccines has not yet been approved

The first minister says she is not going to pre-empt Mr Johnson's announcement, which he will give to parliament at 15:30 GMT, and will only discuss what has been suggested in the media.

Obviously so she can change and 'improve' anything Boris says or does. (As usual)

giatttt

Old-Salt
Maybe they should have more equitably dished out the money that was spunked (£692 mill) on bringing the M74 motorway right into the middle of Glasgow. Good idea, a 70MPH motorway into a virtual dead end.
Took 20-30 minutes off the trip from Glasgow Airport to Dumfries, depending on the time of day one rarely has to slow down, I wouldn't describe it as a dead end.

692 mil to knock 20 mins off 50 people a days trip to Dumfries.
a bargain indeed. I’m sure the impoverished mill towns of Lancashire and Yorkshire applaud the spunking of national resources on such a vital link.

Dredd

LE
A fan of Wee Nippy writes:

Oops. Correction. Not a fan actually.

No doubt Alyn Smarm, sorry, Smith, will have our erstwhile correspondent added to the ever-growing list.

Seadog

ADC
In today's Scotsman, a letters correspondent calls the nationalism of the First Minister and her separatist supporters "aggressive, belligerent and offensive" with "little or no respect for the views of others."

A real life friend who also posts on Facebook stoops to concur in anti Unionist posts. Otherwise a gentle and intelligent soul, when faced with a 'Yoon' point of view, the Yoon is branded a 'cnut', 'Telegraph reader' or worse.

I usually stay out of his way.

eyehave

War Hero
692 mil to knock 20 mins off 50 people a days trip to Dumfries.
a bargain indeed. I’m sure the impoverished mill towns of Lancashire and Yorkshire applaud the spunking of national resources on such a vital link.
Don’t know your knowledge of the geography of Glasgow but this southern bypass has taken enormous pressure of the ageing M8. It has also aided the reduction of pollution in Glasgow itself.
I don’t think the planners had the ‘doon hammers’ in mind but those travelling from the south who use Glasgow Airport, Golden Jubilee Hospital, QEU and RH Children’s Hospitals, Braehead Shopping Centre, dare I mention Ibrox, travelling north to the Trossachs, West Coast etc. are extremely grateful for this linkway.
There is no doubt the impoverished mill towns of Lancashire and Yorkshire are in need and deserve a cash injection. However, the good folk of Glasgow waited patiently for this motorway link. I think you are graced with the M1, M6, M18, M55, M58, M61, M62, M65, M66 all in place before M74 extension.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Don’t know your knowledge of the geography of Glasgow but this southern bypass has taken enormous pressure of the ageing M8. It has also aided the reduction of pollution in Glasgow itself.
I don’t think the planners had the ‘doon hammers’ in mind but those travelling from the south who use Glasgow Airport, Golden Jubilee Hospital, QEU and RH Children’s Hospitals, Braehead Shopping Centre, dare I mention Ibrox, travelling north to the Trossachs, West Coast etc. are extremely grateful for this linkway.
There is no doubt the impoverished mill towns of Lancashire and Yorkshire are in need and deserve a cash injection. However, the good folk of Glasgow waited patiently for this motorway link. I think you are graced with the M1, M6, M18, M55, M58, M61, M62, M65, M66 all in place before M74 extension.

It has also greatly simplified travelling from the North of Scotland (Stirling and upwards) to The South and England.

Saint Nicola(PBUH)has decreed that people with severe learning difficulties will be one of the priority groups for receiving the vaccine.

So that's all the SNP members sorted, then. ;)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Saint Nicola(PBUH)has decreed that people with severe learning difficulties will be one of the priority groups for receiving the vaccine.

So that's all the SNP members sorted, then. ;)

Priority groups are recommended by the JCVI on a 4nation approach.

Hence no Police or teachers yet

Latest Threads