Scottish Politics Thread

I can only speak for up here but that's bullshollocks. We have vaccinated 95% of care homes. To my knowledge the only ones not seen are those with active Covid.

We had a few NHS teams vaccinating NHS staff.

We had NHS vaccinating teams out in care homes.

Concurrently, GPs are vaccinating over 80s.

District nurses are seeing care at home.

Now that we have finished care homes, we are now vaccinating NHS and Social care.
Yes I did allude to the likes of coastguard pilots getting seen but they are involved in patient transfer up here.

There's been numerous emails, flyers and invites sent to health and social care staff up here but they have to self book.
She was saying our friend that works in a care home was on holiday for a few days got called in to get hers done on Friday with no problems apart from being tired and has been sleeping loads over the weekend

Did I hear correctly, did she quote Burns , calling Borris a "wee sleekit cowering timid beastie

did that not open her up to quotes such as "O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us. To see oursels as ithers see us!"

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So no formal training then.... Only disciplinary was what the wife and her colleages were threatened with was action if they whistle blew or highlighted the substandard PPE or if they refused to go into C19 househilds despite not having the correct kit.

On a few cases only found out C19 in the house when the patient told them they had been discharged whilst still postive no notes no advance warnings to tell them.

Or the case where they had to visit a paitent with with C19 then the next one a chemo pump driver and no imune system and when asked for advice as they werent comfortable were told disciplinary could be taken against them if they refused to go into the C19 paitent.

Given that a significant amount of the visits they do are for chemo pumps and morphine pumps then guidance would have been drawn up for them.

In the end the nurses who were local made up their minds to go home,shower, change clothes before visiting the chemo paitent.

An utter ******* shambles

Define formal training? There's certainly very little face to face but plenty other accredited CPD out there.
Register on line modules and webinars?

The guidance is there, for instance on your first point

5.2 Providing care to individuals discharged from hospital with COVID-19 who require home care Some individuals who no longer require medical care will be discharged home to fully recover. These people may still have COVID-19 and can be safely cared for at home if this guidance is followed. The hospital will provide information to the organisation or local authority on the results and a date of any testing and a plan for stepping down infection prevention and control measures. Please see the COVID-19: Guidance for stepdown of Infection Control Precautions and discharging COVID-19 patients from hospital to residential settings for further information."

The difficulty with much of the guidance is that is has been written very broadly and is not specific enough.

There is poor information sharing in some instances but that happened before Covid as well.

Yes the PPE has been complete shite at times. I have posted on that in the past.

Yes there are elements that are shambolic, I can not deny that. For instance
I have been vaccinated as a vaccinator but my nurses have not, apparently we are not high enough priority despite proving AGPS which is a Red Pathway under Covid. If we wear PPE we'll be fine.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Possibly because Holyrood had to make up for choosing to slaughter Care Home residents at the start of the pandemic ?

The report did not find any evidence of that.

And we are still experiencing outbreaks in care homes without new residents coming in.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
She was saying our friend that works in a care home was on holiday for a few days got called in to get hers done on Friday with no problems apart from being tired and has been sleeping loads over the weekend

In my experience, we have been giving quite short notice to care homes that we're coming but the uptake from staff has been good.

Night staff coming in, those on days off etc all turning up.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I suspect that there’s a few people gaming the system.

However, please do keep up the good work. Let your Co-workers know they’re doing a good job.

As an aside, you could combine the vaccinations with dental care. Could you not get a load of epoxy resin double syringes and inject vaccines and local anaesthetic at the same time. One jag, two results?

I recognise many elements in that report

Yes we often give short notice, but that has not been an issue except for one or the staff on long term sick or a few days off.

Yes we have had doses left at the of the day, as the report said they did phone around. Been there done that.

However we then have those who obviously read the Daily Mail and have returned as many as 8 vials (48 doses) to pharmacy to be destroyed rather than used.

Define formal training? There's certainly very little face to face but plenty other accredited CPD out there.
Register on line modules and webinars?

The guidance is there, for instance on your first point

5.2 Providing care to individuals discharged from hospital with COVID-19 who require home care Some individuals who no longer require medical care will be discharged home to fully recover. These people may still have COVID-19 and can be safely cared for at home if this guidance is followed. The hospital will provide information to the organisation or local authority on the results and a date of any testing and a plan for stepping down infection prevention and control measures. Please see the COVID-19: Guidance for stepdown of Infection Control Precautions and discharging COVID-19 patients from hospital to residential settings for further information."

The difficulty with much of the guidance is that is has been written very broadly and is not specific enough.

There is poor information sharing in some instances but that happened before Covid as well.

Yes the PPE has been complete shite at times. I have posted on that in the past.

Yes there are elements that are shambolic, I can not deny that. For instance
I have been vaccinated as a vaccinator but my nurses have not, apparently we are not high enough priority despite proving AGPS which is a Red Pathway under Covid. If we wear PPE we'll be fine.
Only that doesn't happen does it or wife would know in advance, idiots could find time to have an emergency debate on an EU flag but a big fat zero time given to working with all parties for forward planning for the coming C-19 virus.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Only that doesn't happen does it or wife would know in advance, idiots could find time to have an emergency debate on an EU flag but a big fat zero time given to working with all parties for forward planning for the coming C-19 virus.

The planning should be done at a Board level.

I know when I was a Non Exec Director over a decade ago, we certainly spent time on pandemic planning.

However all the steps that we would have planned for would have been negated last March when national measures were put in lac rather than board by board.

I slso suspect that by that stage we had had so many pandemic scares, Bird flu, swine flue, SARS, MERS that no one actually thought it would happen

I recognise many elements in that report

Yes we often give short notice, but that has not been an issue except for one or the staff on long term sick or a few days off.

Yes we have had doses left at the of the day, as the report said they did phone around. Been there done that.

However we then have those who obviously read the Daily Mail and have returned as many as 8 vials (48 doses) to pharmacy to be destroyed rather than used.
Is that the Pfizer vaccine that’s been destroyed or the AstraZeneca one?

So just chinned it off then, How would that look at a fatal accident enquiry with HSE involvement?

So you knew there could be a risk but took no action?

HSE we will see you in the dock,

Hence why fag ash Freeman is suddenly stepping down in May, I suspect told to as her and gobshite are both named in court papers by a family taking them to court at some point this year over carehome deaths. And gobshite trying to distance herself from it.

Last edited:
Unlike our adversaries including the Integrity Initiative, the 77th Brigade, Bellingcat, the Atlantic Council and hundreds of other warmongering propaganda operations, this blog has no source of state, corporate or institutional finance whatsoever. It runs entirely on voluntary subscriptions from its readers – many of whom do not necessarily agree with the every article, but welcome the alternative voice, insider information and debate.

Anyone understand why the army is involved

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Is that the Pfizer vaccine that’s been destroyed or the AstraZeneca one?

In that instance, it was Pfizer.
One of my new skill sets is "cold chain"
Pfizer is stored at ultra low temperatures as was well reported.
However, it can be thawed and kept at 2-8'C for 5days. But that has to be in a fridge with a temperature monitor.
We then take it out in isolated boxes. It's then out of the cold chain but can be used that day.
If however it is diluted and drawn up into syringes, it then has a 6 hour life but can not be further transported (due to risk of damage to the mRNA in it)
But it does mean that it's not the huge issue initially forecast, just needs planning.

Comparatively the AZ is a piece of the proverbial, which is why GPs get it and NHS uses Pfizer.

TS,
To nationalists 77th Bde is the new bogyman seen the unit banded about a few times claiming it's spouting anti SNP propaganda most likely paranoid that folk are waking up to their record in goverment, I've see a fair few posts on facebook citing the same if you have seen the ex RM's video's about the state Govanhill is in

142116450_405277323885102_6030701707967031473_n.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So just chinned it off then, How would that look at a fatal accident enquiry with HSE involvement?

So you knew there could be a risk but took no action?

HSE we will see you in the dock,

Hence why fag ash Freeman is suddenly stepping down in May, I suspect told to as her and gobshite are both named in court papers by a family taking them to court at some point this year over carehome deaths. And gobshite trying to distance herself from it.

The issue there is that the guidance is there.
Following it is a different matter.

At what point does it become the individual's responsibility to be aware of the guidance and to follow it and where is the organisation's role in ensuring that guidance is understood, that the correct procedures and protocols are in place on a departmental level and that they are being adhered to.

In most instances, except for shear negilence cases, it is the board in the dock. And the ruling is one of system error rather than human.

In that instance, it was Pfizer.
One of my new skill sets is "cold chain"
Pfizer is stored at ultra low temperatures as was well reported.
However, it can be thawed and kept at 2-8'C for 5days. But that has to be in a fridge with a temperature monitor.
We then take it out in isolated boxes. It's then out of the cold chain but can be used that day.
If however it is diluted and drawn up into syringes, it then has a 6 hour life but can not be further transported (due to risk of damage to the mRNA in it)
But it does mean that it's not the huge issue initially forecast, just needs planning.

Comparatively the AZ is a piece of the proverbial, which is why GPs get it and NHS uses Pfizer.
It’s a difficult one. Common sense says mid you’ve got it use it. However when you have to roll it out in a methodical manner, you need to control its delivery otherwise it becomes a free for all. Health care workers being harassed for spares. Some unscrupulous health care workers over ordering .

My genuine concern however is the 20% of the population who polled said that they’d stop the following precautions once they been vaccinated.

Current target audience are somewhat generally immobile. When it comes to vaccinating the masses there’ll see it as a free for all and undo all of the good work that’s been done.

I’m hoping the increasing use of AstraZeneca vaccine they’ll be less wastage.

TS,
To nationalists 77th Bde is the new bogyman seen the unit banded about a few times claiming it's spouting anti SNP propaganda most likely paranoid that folk are waking up to their record in goverment, I've see a fair few posts on facebook citing the same if you have seen the ex RM's video's about the state Govanhill is in

142116450_405277323885102_6030701707967031473_n.jpg
Don’t those nationalists realise 77bde isnt for internal security, that’s the remit of the doughnut ;)

Seadog

ADC
The once in a generation nature of the 2014 Referendum has been mocked by mash ups of Sturgeon and Salmond saying "once in a generation" and "once in a lifetime" in the lead up to that referendum. I seem to recall supporters of the SNP and Independence saying such a claim doesn't appear in writing and sound bites don't count.

I've remarked, here and on less cerebral Social Media that many if not most supporters of Scottish Independence have never read Scotland's Future. Perhaps the Party hierarchy hope no one, Unionist or Nationalist will read the text. Six hundred and seventy (670) pages is a hard slog but the "once in a generation" claim is there, in writing, 3 times.

SCOTLAND’S FUTURE page i (pdf 3/670)

"If we vote No, Scotland stands still. A once in a generation opportunity to follow a different path, and choose a new and better direction for our nation, is lost. Decisions about Scotland would remain in the hands of others."

SCOTLAND’S FUTURE page viii (pdf 10/670)

"The debate we are engaged in as a nation is about the future of all of us lucky enough to live in this diverse and vibrant country. It is a rare and precious moment in the history of Scotland – a once in a generation opportunity to chart a better way."

SCOTLAND’S FUTURE page 556 (pdf 576/670)

"It is the view of the current Scottish Government that a referendum is a once-in-a-generation opportunity. This means that only a majority vote for Yes in 2014 would give certainty that Scotland will be independent."

Latest Threads