Scottish Politics Thread

Truxx

LE
Hearing about the possible £500 to isolate after a positive test , great idea

I can see it all clearly
" Hey Wullie , just tae let ye ken Ah huv just tested positive fur covid, come roond tae the back door with a tenner the night and I'll let you shove your swab down my gob and up my nose, an as ahm in isolation bring some buckie wi ye, we'll hae a richt blaw oot wi that free dosh"
Fake news apparently.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hearing about the possible £500 to isolate after a positive test , great idea

I can see it all clearly
" Hey Wullie , just tae let ye ken Ah huv just tested positive fur covid, come roond tae the back door with a tenner the night and I'll let you shove your swab down my gob and up my nose, an as ahm in isolation bring some buckie wi ye, we'll hae a richt blaw oot wi that free dosh"

Thought that already was a £500 grant for self isolation

"If you’re told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app, you may be entitled to a payment of £500 from your local authority through the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme."

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20210122_143720.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

£500,000 is going on hot drinks and snacks

Seeing as we saw sod all of "free food for all patient fronting staff" in the Urgent Dental Care Centres in the first part of lockdown last year, I doubt we'll see any of this either,

Thought that already was a £500 grant for self isolation

"If you’re told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app, you may be entitled to a payment of £500 from your local authority through the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme."

I believe that they are considering replacing the words ‘May be entitled to a grant’ to ‘will automatically be entitled to a grant.’

There’s people out there testing positive and still going to work.

That’s if you have Covid. Most of our shop floor have turned their track and trace off. Statutory sick pay only for self isolation at £95 per week.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
I went once, Capel Curig, Exercise Welsh Dragon 89.

That was enough.

I spent two weeks there one summer/autumn/, to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference.

It was at the Ty Croes and Crickhowell camps.

Seeing as we saw sod all of "free food for all patient fronting staff" in the Urgent Dental Care Centres in the first part of lockdown last year, I doubt we'll see any of this either,
A couple of NHS staff asked the question on a post on the SNP FB page, "£500 for snacks? When are we going to see the first £500 you promised us?". As usual, soundbites with no results for the SNP.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

If you worked on the Isle of Wight, you could get a free 15 minute ride on one of their electric scooters.

shellbackmac

Old-Salt

Yes, it's from The National, which has as much relevance to reality as Dr Who magazine. This envisages holding, what is in effect, an illegal referendum if SNP/Greens get a majority in May.
What if the Unionist parties get more votes? What if a Unionist dominated Aberdeen council (for example) tell the SG to get scraped and refuse to get involved? It has Mike Russell's name all over it, the man is a political pygmy of astonishingly low levels of gumption so, needless to say it's not exactly the Marshall Plan.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads