Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Dredd

LE
I hate to point it out but Wee Ruth is currently the leader of the opposition in Holyrood.
Will be until the election in May.

That took me a little by surprise as I realised I was ignorant of how the opposition process worked in Holyrood as opposed to that of Westminster. Taking the source below as reference rather than authoritative, this is what Wiki has to say about it:

It seems there is no recognised official opposition as such, unlike the national Parliament, so each non-government party is free to set up it's own shadow as much as it wants (or can). Checking this against the official source (Party Leaders and Spokespersons - Parliamentary Business : Scottish Parliament) this appears to be correct.

It is intriguing that the SC&U has deliberately separated the Party leader from that of the the Leader of the Party MSPs. I wonder if that will continue after wee Ruthie leaves?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That took me a little by surprise as I realised I was ignorant of how the opposition process worked in Holyrood as opposed to that of Westminster. Taking the source below as reference rather than authoritative, this is what Wiki has to say about it:

It seems there is no recognised official opposition as such, unlike the national Parliament, so each non-government party is free to set up it's own shadow as much as it wants (or can). Checking this against the official source (Party Leaders and Spokespersons - Parliamentary Business : Scottish Parliament) this appears to be correct.

It is intriguing that the SC&U has deliberately separated the Party leader from that of the the Leader of the Party MSPs. I wonder if that will continue after wee Ruthie leaves?

Unless Ross stands as an MSP then it will continue.

Seeing the abuse he got for continuing to assistant referee football matches, it would mean resigning as an MP

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So she’s getting her jabs instead of those more vulnerable

It is was interesting today to see who qualified as "health and social care"

We had undertakers, coastguard pilots various volunteers, online trainers, among others.

We had undertakers, coastguard pilots various volunteers, online trainers, among others.
I suspect every man and his dog will be going down that route.

I’m concerned with the recent study that 20% of the population have said they’ll stop any form of precautions once they’ve been vaccinated. There’s a port understanding of how viruses spread .

Part of me thinks with should hit everybody 60+, those with underlying health issues, armed forces and emergency services and teachers.

Stockpile the vaccines until we have enough to hit everybody else in one go and just do everybody else 24/7 through mega vaccination centres. That way you’ve got a 3 week window for the f**ktards to start spreading it whilst they’re not immune.

Unless Ross stands as an MSP then it will continue.

Seeing the abuse he got for continuing to assistant referee football matches, it would mean resigning as an MP
You are assuming he would get elected, which I don’t think is a given. There is a strong feeling of having been shafted by Brexit amongst those who supported the Tories most strongly.

I got an SCU leaflet through the door today - no mention of Brexit being achieved, or the new barriers the Tories have caused to fish and meat exports. No policies mentioned at all, actually. It seems their Holyrood election strategy is to stand as the “not the SNP” party.

my mum just phoned and told me she is to go with my dad on Monday for their jag -- initially it was just my dad whose 82 with limited kidney function they wanted to jag but my mum said to the woman on the phone that she was 80, could she not get it at the same time? - luckily they've agreed and they've got appt's 5 mins apart on Monday but tbh I thought it a bit daft to only think about jagging one when they are a couple! - nonetheless I am very happy that they are starting the process

Out of interest can you tell them to do one and not give it out? Are you limited to biting your tongue? Or in circumstances like this can you give them the jab along with a comment?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

The first two undertakers, in particular, I can see qualifying. The others not so much.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Out of interest can you tell them to do one and not give it out? Are you omitted to biting your tongue? Or in circumstances like this can you give them the jab along with a comment?

They are all sent by their management after NHS said that they met the criteria.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The first two undertakers, in particular, I can see qualifying. The others not so much.

The buzz word is business continuity.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Mary-Poppins-Oh-Really-Reaction-Gif.gif

So far our company’s business continuity consists of work with somebody who’s tested positive, make sure aforementioned person hasn’t had their app turned on so following strict government guidelines of only isolate when track and trace contact you. Lateral flow test the next day and you’re good to go.

That brilliant state rolled out by our head of HR has wiped out maintenance out, but not before our transient Maintenance department spread it through out the organisation.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So far our company’s business continuity consists of work with somebody who’s tested positive, make sure aforementioned person hasn’t had their app turned on so following strict government guidelines of only isolate when track and trace contact you. Lateral flow test the next day and you’re good to go.

That brilliant state rolled out by our head of HR has wiped out maintenance out, but not before our transient Maintenance department spread it through out the organisation.

Despite visiting care homes for both dentistry and vaccinating, and now working in a vaccine centre, am yet to be tested.

Hearing about the possible £500 to isolate after a positive test , great idea

I can see it all clearly
" Hey Wullie , just tae let ye ken Ah huv just tested positive fur covid, come roond tae the back door with a tenner the night and I'll let you shove your swab down my gob and up my nose, an as ahm in isolation bring some buckie wi ye, we'll hae a richt blaw oot wi that free dosh"

Latest Threads