Scottish Politics Thread

syrup

LE
I’ve never understood why an Ambulance needs lots of Gaelic all over it. It’s not like it would be mistaken for an ice cream van.
Not so much ambulance etc
Have they done road signs yet?

Having done my driver training in Wales it's a pain in the arse trying to find the names on a sign full of gibberish

I find it hard to believe someone couldn't find Cardiff or Glasgow without it being in Welsh or Gaelic

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
I've been reading the (Glasgow) Herald for many a year and still subscribe on-line. It was strange seeing the Sunday Herald, obstinately a different paper, come out for YES in 2014 and then, bizarrely, be torched by it's own readership a couple of years later. This was because it printed a picture of an AUOB march with, god forbid, some Union Flag waving counter demonstrators in a corner of the photo. This was enough to denounce the editor as a pro-UK stooge and was instrumental in the paper being wound up in 2018. The daily Herald forums are an illustration of how divided Scotland is. It's an almost 50/50 split in posters between Nationalism and Unionism. The letters are exclusively by the same authors on an almost daily basis. There are numerous contributors whose regular letters must give Nicola Sturgeon confidence that no matter how badly things are run, it quite simply doesn't matter, independence will solve every problem with the swish of a tartan wand.

If she stood up in Holyrood next week and stated that the whole population of Scotland were now required by law to wear their underpants on the outside of their trousers you could guarantee that they would be stroking their chins, nodding sagely at such a wise and necessary decision by the First Minister and offering their unstinting support for this policy in a letter to The Herald.

Last edited:
Very interesting Article from someone who till yesterday was at the heart of the Independence Movement. He was forced to resign after criticising the Sturgeon Cabal in the Article.

Cant be criticizing Ze Party

Very interesting Article from someone who till yesterday was at the heart of the Independence Movement. He was forced to resign after criticising the Sturgeon Cabal in the Article.

Cant be criticizing Ze Party
Hi makes some very dramatic claims in that article. If even some it is true then it's not just resignations (potentially a lot of them) but jail time. It also insinuates that a lot of what some of us thought of the SNP and their blurring of the lines between party and state have been true.

Hi makes some very dramatic claims in that article. If even some it is true then it's not just resignations (potentially a lot of them) but jail time. It also insinuates that a lot of what some of us thought of the SNP and their blurring of the lines between party and state have been true.
Yes definitely with him referencing Documents to back up the Articles contents and him being a big name in the wider yes Movement That article is a serious Blow to Sturgeons chance of survival pre May.

It also shows you can claim to a separate entity In the Indi Campaign to your hearts content but when you Upset the SNP Politburo your toast.

Yes definitely with him referencing Documents to back up the Articles contents and him being a big name in the wider yes Movement That article is a serious Blow to Sturgeons chance of survival pre May.

It also shows you can claim to a separate entity In the Indi Campaign to your hearts content but when you Upset the SNP Politburo your toast.
If there's any credibility to any of his claims I'm amazed press south of the border haven't pounced on it (especially given his hints at the involvement of BBC Scotland).

I’ve never understood why an Ambulance needs lots of Gaelic all over it. It’s not like it would be mistaken for an ice cream van.
SNP trying to socially engineer things in order to manufacture differences that don’t exist.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's like you are suggesting that a 30yr old woman from Dunwall with a history degree and a summer job working in barclys back is out of their depth.
I might, if I actually thought that Ms Forbes was actually allowed to make any decisions.

mrboo

LE
Just seen this not sure if its gen

Snap 2021-01-21 at 18.35.54.png

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

The numbers are a few days out of date now but the 700,000 doses were delivered to Scotland as of Monday but only 265,000 administered. That isn't allocated doses but doses actually delivered to Scotland

Figure from BMA Scotland

Scottish Government then claimed they couldn't discuss specific numbers because Westminster had thrown a "hissy fit" when they did so. Thats Nicola Sturgeon spouting that shite by the way.
Westminster threw a hissy fit after a minister decided to tell the world where they were storing one of the worlds most sought after commodities

Don't get me wrong, I live in Wales and Wales are being as equally inept at etting people vaccinated so this isn't an anti Scottish rant

If that figure is correct then England should have had 7 million doses of vaccine, which seems extraordinarily huge. Especially as they are only at 3 and a half million vaccinations.

There were two separate incidents of information mismanagement.

Firstly ScotGov had to retract its Covid plan as it gave the amounts of vaccine to have been received by certain dates. UKGov objected to this on ground of commercial confidentiality. Thus we do not know what figures we're meant to have when.

The second incident was the one you refer to where the location of the warehouse was revealed.

Latest Threads