Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Any 'victory' will be pyrrhic. I am more surprised at Sturgeon thinking she could take on Salmond in the first place.

Yet another example of Mammy's bad decision making especially as she was Salmond's protege.

Don't think she had a choice. This internal SNP conflict seems to have been triggered by the accusations of sexual assaults.

If they had been ignored she'd would have been out before now.

However it has allowed factions within SNP/Yes movement to align between independence now and those willing to wait.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just saw this posted on faceache from a someone :grin:

Both Bridges out of Fife closed due to ice. Ffs it wasn't that bad. About 3 inches of snow and they can't keep a ******* brand new bridge open....
So much for the promises that the Queensferry Crossing Bridge would not suffer closedown due to weather!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So much for the promises that the Queensferry Crossing Bridge would not suffer closedown due to weather!

IIRC the assurance was not due to wind.

It certainly seems to be less closed than it's predecessor.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Don't think she had a choice. This internal SNP conflict seems to have been triggered by the accusations of sexual assaults.

If they had been ignored she'd would have been out before now.

However it has allowed factions within SNP/Yes movement to align between independence now and those willing to wait.
The current bun fight is not about Salmond's hobbies but about how the ScotGov (SNP) went about it and fired hundreds of thousands of £s at it. This is not an enquiry into Salmond, but an enquiry into Sturgeon and her team, both Party and Civil Service.

Door, bolting, horse comes to mind and they fecked that up big style.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The current bun fight is not about Salmond's hobbies but about how the ScotGov (SNP) went about it and fired hundreds of thousands of £s at it. This is not an enquiry into Salmond, but an enquiry into Sturgeon and her team, both Party and Civil Service.

Door, bolting, horse comes to mind and they fecked that up big style.

I know that's what it should be about but it has become a battlefield for the SNP civil war.

For which we are paying.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I know that's what it should be about but it has become a battlefield for the SNP civil war.

For which we are paying.
Indeed! I believe I have mentioned that fact before :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

syrup

LE

Never mind nasty viruses, with such impressive displays of licking Nicola Sturgeon's boots as this, professor Sridhar had better watch out she doesn't go down with Cherry Blossom poisoning.

No they wouldn't an independent Scotland as they keep telling us would be in Europe and even the most ardent SNP fan can't claim that Europe are doing better than the UK in the race to vaccinate the population.

Also slightly off topic but I love the way Scotland think that not only will they get straight back into Europe but there will be a force to be reckoned with at the top table.
Wee nippy seems to think that she'll be calling the shots with France and the Germans.
Reality is you'll be lower than Cyprus and the Eastern Europeans and "day as yer telt"

No they wouldn't an independent Scotland as they keep telling us would be in Europe and even the most ardent SNP fan can't claim that Europe are doing better than the UK in the race to vaccinate the population.

Also slightly off topic but I love the way Scotland think that not only will they get straight back into Europe but there will be a force to be reckoned with at the top table.
Wee nippy seems to think that she'll be calling the shots with France and the Germans.
Reality is you'll be lower than Cyprus and the Eastern Europeans and "day as yer telt"
A fine example of cognitive dissonance from the independence crowd.

The disparity seems to be between the amount allocated and what's actually been delivered.
There does not seem to be clarity that all allocation has yet been delivered.

The numbers are a few days out of date now but the 700,000 doses were delivered to Scotland as of Monday but only 265,000 administered. That isn't allocated doses but doses actually delivered to Scotland

Figure from BMA Scotland

Scottish Government then claimed they couldn't discuss specific numbers because Westminster had thrown a "hissy fit" when they did so. Thats Nicola Sturgeon spouting that shite by the way.
Westminster threw a hissy fit after a minister decided to tell the world where they were storing one of the worlds most sought after commodities

Don't get me wrong, I live in Wales and Wales are being as equally inept at etting people vaccinated so this isn't an anti Scottish rant

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

The numbers are 10 days out of date now but the 700,000 doses were delivered to Scotland as of Monday but only 265,000 administered. That isn't allocated doses but doses actually delivered to Scotland

Figure from BMA Scotland

Scottish Government then claimed they couldn't discuss specific numbers because Westminster had thrown a "hissy fit" when they did so. Thats Nicola Sturgeon spouting that shite by the way.
Westminster thrw a hissy fit after a minister decided to tell the orld where they were storing one of the worlds most sought after commodities

Don't get me wrong, I live in Wales and Wales are being as equally inept at etting people vaccinated so this isn't an anti Scottish rant
Do you really expect Nicola to be open about anything remotely negative about her?

All Under One Banner promoting a new protest:
we will call a Protest outside the new U.K. Govt Colonial building at Edinburgh This massive “Overlordship” initiative will soon be occupied by 3000 staff over 7 floors of office space with 10 Govt departments within. This is one of several targeted protests that are coming

:rofl:

shellbackmac

Old-Salt

Sturgeon made a tweet when Ireland got their temporary seat on the UN Security Council on the 1st of Jan congratulating them, with the obvious insinuation that Scotland would be there one day, it was pointed out to her by several folk that Scotland, as a constituent part of the UK, had been sat on the UN Security Council, as a permanent member, since 1949.....

Sturgeon made a tweet when Ireland got their temporary seat on the UN Security Council on the 1st of Jan congratulating them, with the obvious insinuation that Scotland would be there one day, it was pointed out to her by several folk that Scotland, as a constituent part of the UK, had been sat on the UN Security Council, as a permanent member, since 1949.....
They won’t see it that way.

I once met a very proud Cornishman who identified as being only Cornish.

Identity politics is great.

HCL

LE
You are aware internal UK migration is by far the biggest influx into Scotland?

You suggesting sending the English home again?
Perhaps to think again?

Fine. But don't whinge when all the Weegies that live in London's Underground get sent back. They'll keep the Fifers though cos they think the accent's cute.

Careful what you wish for, eh.

Interestingly that has been the case here for many months, and surgical masks are available at hospital and other medical facilities entrances. Must have been a local thing. Clinics were also taking temperatures before admitting outpatients.

Still a hotbed of infection though.
I’ve got an S10 hung up in the workshop.
Eldest miss B says she wants it for when she goes back to school as half of her cohort in Penrith seems to have spent the last month freely mixing/shagging, if her social media is to be believed. Ho hum!

Latest Threads