Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Just out of interest, I wonder how many people in Scotland are either fluent in, lets say, Polish or have "some" understanding of it. If it exceeds those figures, shouldn't the bilingual signs etc be in both English and Polish?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk
No they shouldn't !

It's amazing how many 'true Scots ' don't know that. Some of those who do know, dont know Health has been devolved forever.
Brexit/Covid is being used as an excuse to mask failure elsewhere.

Easier to go out and blame somebody else because you’ve failed at your day job.

Anybody else noticed how in the middle of a global pandemic, non-swimmers are trying to gain political capital?

It seems that, as mentioned a good while ago St Nic would dine out on Covid to avoid answering any other questions and to increase her popularity particularly with the ‘Salmondgate’ issue bubbling away in the background.

The various tactical burying of bad news etc has held up well and now Geoff Aberdein will apparently not be called as a witness.

The comments in wings show that not many believe her (unsurprising as they are pro Eck)

The last part of the BBC article sums it up, mentioning covid as a major reason and reading both makes you wonder if indeed she does have sway in the enquiry.

‘But senior allies of Ms Sturgeon still appear confident she will lead them into the next Scottish election and beyond.
One concluded: "Is she going to get through this? Yes she is."’

The question is who will she throw under the bus to save herself.

I’d like to think that Salmond wouldn’t be so naive in pulling the trigger unless he was 100% confident of bringing her down but now, as recently reported, he wasn’t able to choreograph his appearance and it all needs to be wound up in build up to the May elections I’m beginning to think that she may well survive.

Covid and timing, covid and timing.

FM stated that 75% of GP practices have already have or will be getting supplies. An utterly meaningless statement.
But Sturgeon knows that that is all she needs to say for her cult to start nodding their heads and giving each other smug looks while saying "Isn't she amazing?", because she also knows that the media are too lame to question her too intently on it, and if anyone does say "errr wait a minute!", her cult hounds them into quietness and submission.
I deliberately posted on her congrats to Biden and Harris post on FB yesterday saying "They'll be just as useless as you are!". It was a deliberate troll, I'm in lockdown, I'm bored, sue me! But feck me! It was like kicking a big nest of rats! You're allowed an opinion in Scotland, as long as that opinion is in line with the SNP and their opinions, otherwise you're practically an enemy of the state!

Just out of interest, I wonder how many people in Scotland are either fluent in, lets say, Polish or have "some" understanding of it. If it exceeds those figures, shouldn't the bilingual signs etc be in both English and Polish?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk
I would much prefer them in English and Scots.

It seems that, as mentioned a good while ago St Nic would dine out on Covid to avoid answering any other questions and to increase her popularity particularly with the ‘Salmondgate’ issue bubbling away in the background.

The various tactical burying of bad news etc has held up well and now Geoff Aberdein will apparently not be called as a witness.

The comments in wings show that not many believe her (unsurprising as they are pro Eck)

The last part of the BBC article sums it up, mentioning covid as a major reason and reading both makes you wonder if indeed she does have sway in the enquiry.

‘But senior allies of Ms Sturgeon still appear confident she will lead them into the next Scottish election and beyond.
One concluded: "Is she going to get through this? Yes she is."’

The question is who will she throw under the bus to save herself.

I’d like to think that Salmond wouldn’t be so naive in pulling the trigger unless he was 100% confident of bringing her down but now, as recently reported, he wasn’t able to choreograph his appearance and it all needs to be wound up in build up to the May elections I’m beginning to think that she may well survive.

Covid and timing, covid and timing.
So THE key witness will not be called and the public will not be allowed to see even a redacted copy of his written statement. This reeks of so much excrement even the most rabid SNP supporter must struggle to defend it.

So THE key witness will not be called and the public will not be allowed to see even a redacted copy of his written statement. This reeks of so much excrement even the most rabid SNP supporter must struggle to defend it.
What do you mean? There's nothing to see, move along there, move along!

Yet if they are in the Sturgeon camp they will.

Salmond clearly wanted him in to give his evidence first before he waltzed in to demolish her......... it appears that is unlikely to happen now.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As this is an enquiry, not a law court, I would not be surprised if evidence led by Salmond, or any of his witnesses, concentrates on what Aberdeen would have given. A good brief should be able to ensure that slips in to anything on the Salmond side.

As this is an enquiry, not a law court, I would not be surprised if evidence led by Salmond, or any of his witnesses, concentrates on what Aberdeen would have given. A good brief should be able to ensure that slips in to anything on the Salmond side.
Nowt as good as from the horses mouth though......

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nowt as good as from the horses mouth though......
Which is why Aberdien is being kept well away.

Someone asked earlier who would Sturgeon throw under the bus to stay in power - looks like the first casualty is Truth and Justice!

I still think Salmond has a smoking gun, which he will deploy before the May elections. As much as I dislike the guy, he is a canny politician and I don't think he would persue this course of action so rigorously if he wasn't confident of victory.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I still think Salmond has a smoking gun, which he will deploy before the May elections. As much as I dislike the guy, he is a canny politician and I don't think he would persue this course of action so rigorously if he wasn't confident of victory.
Any 'victory' will be pyrrhic. I am more surprised at Sturgeon thinking she could take on Salmond in the first place.

Yet another example of Mammy's bad decision making especially as she was Salmond's protege.

In other news let’s throw £250m at one of our failures, let’s ignore the fact the St Nic was previously responsible for this very area of responsibility and let’s forget that the SNP withdrew funding from drug treatments.

I had a look on Facebook at the SNP page and anyone saying that it’s Das Partie’s fault or failure and that merely throwing money at a population with the highest drug addiction per person in Europe if not the world isn’t necessarily the answer is branded a Tory or unionist and thereafter trolled......... their supporters are mental.

That’s what I had hoped but he appears to be running out of time and powder......

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

In other news let’s throw £250m at one of our failures, let’s ignore the fact the St Nic was previously responsible for this very area of responsibility and let’s forget that the SNP withdrew funding from drug treatments.

I had a look on Facebook at the SNP page and anyone saying that it’s Das Partie’s fault or failure and that merely throwing money at a population with the highest drug addiction per person in Europe if not the world isn’t necessarily the answer is branded a Tory or unionist and thereafter trolled......... their supporters are mental.
If it helps solve the problem then good. I doubt it though.

My question would be where did the money suddenly appear from? It didn't have a UK government 'For use in Covid crisis' label attached did it?

If it helps solve the problem then good. I doubt it though.

My question would be where did the money suddenly appear from? It didn't have a UK government 'For use in Covid crisis' label attached did it?
Where do you think it came from? SNP have a magic money tree called Westminster.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Where do you think it came from? SNP have a magic money tree called Westminster.
Some of which is supposed to be ring-fenced.

Just saw this posted on faceache from a someone :grin:

Both Bridges out of Fife closed due to ice. Ffs it wasn't that bad. About 3 inches of snow and they can't keep a ******* brand new bridge open....

Latest Threads