Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

I understand there are unique logistical challenges presented by the geographical spread of the population. I feel sorry for the teams trying to deal with it directly.

It's still utterly incredulous that the FM can stand there and claim that Scotland hasn't fallen behind rUK
Perhaps she needs an injection of humility followed by a reality checkup.

I understand there are unique logistical challenges presented by the geographical spread of the population. I feel sorry for the teams trying to deal with it directly.

It's still utterly incredulous that the FM can stand there and claim that Scotland hasn't fallen behind rUK
Until every person is vaccinated, people will continue to die. It’s easy to say there’s delays or picking whose next, it’s harder to actually organise coordinate and implement. Fair play the MOD are assisting, acknowledging their help was a good way of showing that we are all in it together.

Am not defending the FM, she could have looked at the possible economic investment from former president Trump. Money in peoples pockets makes the difference tween content n discontent

Truxx

LE
Indeed but it's an indication that we are not using all our available trained vaccinators.
Any complex enterprise will be subject to a limiting factor.

It so happens that within the complex enterprise in which you are engaged you are not it, something else is.

So relax, recharge your batteries and do some other stuff even if that is just reading a book.

Next week you might be the limiting factor.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Any complex enterprise will be subject to a limiting factor.

It so happens that within the complex enterprise in which you are engaged you are not it, something else is.

So relax, recharge your batteries and do some other stuff even if that is just reading a book.

Next week you might be the limiting factor.

Current limiting factor seems to be supply of the vaccine.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wait till you see the mobile testing vans with the big fuckoff sticker stating UK Government on the top corner

Mobile testing was initially carried out by military, not sure if they had Union Jack on the uniform or not

Try this then:-

Jeanne Becart, the mayor of the Paris suburb of Garches, said public health officials told her to get ready to administer 1,200 Covid-19 vaccines a week. But for this week, the vaccination centre she set up has only been allocated 420 doses.
“I am a bit angry,” Bécart said inside the vaccination hub off the town square, where over the course of Monday the 15 volunteers, nurses and doctors on duty between them vaccinated 90 patients.
She had a plea for the French president, Emmanuel Macron: “Please Mr President, buy vaccines whatever the cost.”
In Saint-Denis, on the northern edge of Paris, the local mayor’s office set up a vaccination centre in a municipal building.
For this week, it has been allocated 132 doses.

Has any UK or Scottish health centre has been allocated only 420 and 132 doses for A WEEK?

Neither England or NI seem to have had the same issues with supply, given that all four nations received a proportional share, where are our vaccines? Did we not receive the correct proportional amount? Or is it being sat on and not distributed?

Neither England or NI seem to have had the same issues with supply, given that all four nations received a proportional share, where are our vaccines? Did we not receive the correct proportional amount? Or is it being sat on and not distributed?
It’s was in a secret location until someone dropped a ballock

In the case of Wales Drakeford happily admitted that distribution was being slowed to prevent vaccinators having nothing to do when waiting for the next batch to be delivered.

His ministers spent the rest of the day denying that was the case. But Drakeford said it live on the telly and Wales is well behind England on vaccinations. At that point they had administered less than half of the doses available

In the case of Wales Drakeford happily admitted that distribution was being slowed to prevent vaccinators having nothing to do when waiting for the next batch to be delivered.

His ministers spent the rest of the day denying that was the case. But Drakeford said it live on the telly and Wales is well behind England on vaccinations. At that point they had administered less than half of the doses available
I'd mentioned in a previous post that it seems to have been wilful negligence by the Welsh. Where's the SG explanation? So far all I've heard is them denying that Scotland is behind despite clear evidence to the contrary.

I'd mentioned in a previous post that it seems to have been wilful negligence by the Welsh. Where's the SG explanation? So far all I've heard is them denying that Scotland is behind despite clear evidence to the contrary.

But, but, but, Boris Grrrr, Westminster Grrrr, England Grrrr....

JB

Much like the export vet certificates and associated paperwork the Scottish Government seems to be remarkably quiet. First time for eveything I suppose.

Much like the export vet certificates and associated paperwork the Scottish Government seems to be remarkably quiet. First time for eveything I suppose.

I refer you to my previous....

But, but, but, Boris Grrrr, Westminster Grrrr, England Grrrr....

With the addition of Brexit Grrrr...

JB

Never mind nasty viruses, with such impressive displays of licking Nicola Sturgeon's boots as this, professor Sridhar had better watch out she doesn't go down with Cherry Blossom poisoning.
Being on the advisory group she’s hardly going to say anything negative, wonder what she’s been promised though.........

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
Being on the advisory group she’s hardly going to say anything negative, wonder what she’s been promised though.........
She got pulled up back in July for calling Unionists "Anti-Scottish" on Twitter. Supposed to be a non-politically aligned adviser to the Scottish Government - my baws.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads