Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Is that the Mr Trump whos mum (or was it grandmum) was a scot and who owns quite a large slice of golf related Scotland and employs a number of Scotlanders?

That Mr Trump?
The one who had Grampian Polis being used as his personal abteilung?

The owner of Edinburgh based Brewdog has launched a petition to rename Prestwick Airport Joe Biden airport.

Well it’s knackered, failed, had to be supported by the government machine through a lot of its life and is pretty much currently on life support so that would be an excellent match I‘d say. :cool:

Love the amount of Gaelic on that Dundee ambulance! Most Dundee denizens can't even speak English, never mind Gaelic!!
Eh?

Classy, a true stateswoman. I'm not saying she's wrong but it's hardly the level of decorum one would expect from a "world leader".
No, but it's what you might expect from a spiteful, nasty piece of work who seems to thrive on unreasonable bitterness and hatred.

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
In these dark days The front page of The National in the rack always cheers me up when I'm picking up the in-laws paper. Today's headline is that "More than half of Scots back using Holyrood Election as Indyref 2", the line underneath amplifies this as "55 percent of Scots..."!. COVID is probably somewhere after the "Dear Morag" agony aunt page. With Keith Brown, the Minister For "Flegs" and Marching, just one of many SNP grandees assuming on a daily basis that any upcoming elections and referendums are a done deal, any form of failure to deliver is going to be a train smash of monumental proportions.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's outside Edinburgh Central Mosque, just a short stroll from The Pear Tree where a decent pint can be had. Used to sell Leith Heavy back in the day, but I digress!
I also hate to be the bearer of bad news. I Photoshoped the wording on the side of the ambulance from a stock shot on Google images. The Dundee reference is mine.
It seems some people have taken it as gospel......

.....what's that whooshing sound?

No, but it's what you might expect from a spiteful, nasty piece of work who seems to thrive on unreasonable bitterness and hatred.
You think?

TamH70

MIA
You think?

Be fair. I seem to recall a lot of folks from both North and South of the Border wanted Swinson's head on a pointy stick.

shellbackmac

Old-Salt

Never mind nasty viruses, with such impressive displays of licking Nicola Sturgeon's boots as this, professor Sridhar had better watch out she doesn't go down with Cherry Blossom poisoning.

You think?

Why oh why does she always remind me of this classy lady?
(The one on the right by the way)

Rab-hero.jpg

Never mind nasty viruses, with such impressive displays of licking Nicola Sturgeon's boots as this, professor Sridhar had better watch out she doesn't go down with Cherry Blossom poisoning.
Ahh, like the way they kept quiet about the outbreak at the conference centre? That sort of better handling?
A cynical bunch of shameless opportunists. At least the crofter was silenced today.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
From FMQ in response to being asked if Scotland was lagging behind with vaccinations:

Ms Sturgeon says the rollout is not lagging behind and that the Scottish government "very deliberately" chose to vaccinate care homes first - which are "more labour intensive" and means vaccine numbers are lower.

She adds that the AstraZeneca vaccine, the one used by GPs, comes in packs and the shipment into Scotland has not "until recently" delivered enough packs for all GPs participating.

Around 75% of GP practices have a supply or are in the process of getting one, she says.

The numbers say:
  • England - 3,687,286 (8.3% of the adult population)
  • Scotland - 284,582 (6.4% of the adult population)
  • Wales - 161,392 (6.4% of the adult population)
  • Northern Ireland - 132,857 (9.1% of the adult population)
Now, given that Wales were deliberately holding back on vaccine doses in a misguided attempt to not have vaccinators sitting idle there are three possibilities.

1) SG has also deliberately held back and not informed the public.
2) FM is a dirty fibber and Scotland is well behind the majority of the UK.
3) Both of the above

I suspect number 2 is more likely as there is no way in hell she doesn't know what the numbers vaccinated are.

We have finished care homes up here today, however the reality of trying to reach all those who are in the care at home group is hitting home. (The housebound)
We (dentists) are being sent to the vaccine centres, with district nurses being tasked to vaccinate the care at home. It is a huge task.
It's especially irksome as we are PDS and domilicary visits are part of our skill set.

The AZ vaccine has been in short supply and just for fun, due to the restrictions around travel for the Pfizer vaccine, the AZ vaccine will need to be used for the care at home.

Whilst colleagues have been contacted to work Thursday Friday, I could find myself in the Welsh idle bracket as not been tasked to a vaccine clinic yet.

We have finished care homes up here today, however the reality of trying to reach all those who are in the care at home group is hitting home. (The housebound)
We (dentists) are being sent to the vaccine centres, with district nurses being tasked to vaccinate the care at home. It is a huge task.
It's especially irksome as we are PDS and domilicary visits are part of our skill set.

The AZ vaccine has been in short supply and just for fun, due to the restrictions around travel for the Pfizer vaccine, the AZ vaccine will need to be used for the care at home.

Whilst colleagues have been contacted to work Thursday Friday, I could find myself in the Welsh idle bracket as not been tasked to a vaccine clinic yet.
Am sure your skill at jabbing won’t fade

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I understand there are unique logistical challenges presented by the geographical spread of the population. I feel sorry for the teams trying to deal with it directly.

It's still utterly incredulous that the FM can stand there and claim that Scotland hasn't fallen behind rUK

Latest Threads