Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wales has slowed the rollout so that the staff have something to do until the next batch arrives

Apparently he Welsh government don't want the vaccinators to use it all up at once. Drakeford is concerned that if they do use it all up they will be twiddling their thumbs waiting for the next batch to arrive.

In my area, we'll just go back to the day job until needed.

Truxx

LE

"Ms Sturgeon thanked the military for their help with logistical matters, noting they had also been involved in distributing PPE supplies and setting up the NHS Louisa Jordan hospital in Glasgow."
Logistic

Logistical is a rubbish word. "Logistical matters" even more so

Usually uttered by those who are too idle to use the right word.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Logistic

Logistical is a rubbish word. "Logistical matters" even more so

Usually uttered by those who are too idle to use the right word.
That would be an ecumenical issue.

I can not comment on every health board.

But the vaccine is only trickling into the country.

We are working off the Joint Committee on Vaccine and Immunisation list which has produced a priority list.*

As such we are giving the first doses to vaccinators, then care home residents and staff.

We are having to go around the various care homes which takes time. I was pat of a team of 6 today. By the time the vaccine was released from pharmacy, then travelled to care home, set up, vaccinated 90 staff and residents it was the end of the day.

Each Health Board is getting a share of the vaccine as it is available, they then distribute it as appropriate. we have had some GP practices get some up here but only because we are at capacity with care home vaccinations. The GP practices are then vaccinating their own staff first and then calling in all over 80s. Was at an GP practice Tuesday, they received a few dpses on Monday for staff, then 200 doses on Tuesday morning, they were only expecting 100, so could expand their clinic quite dramatically.

Monday I was in a practice doing dentistry but helped oversee the installation of their fridge in preparation for vaccine arriving this week.

It is looking as if we have overcome the issues with storage of Pfizer vaccine but it will probably be kept for Health Board use for now, with the easier stored AZ vaccine being dispensed to GPs when it comes up here.

This priority list is as follows:
  • residents in a care home for older adults and their carers.
  • all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers.
  • all those 75 years of age and over.
  • all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals.
  • all those 65 years of age and over.
  • all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality.
  • all those 60 years of age and over.
  • all those 55 years of age and over.
Is this being done with or without nurses in tight uniforms?

Dredd

LE
That announcement that we could take 6 instead of 5 out of every vial was made early last week.

We have been accounting for 6 doses a vial since then, not 5.

Our spares come from folk either refusing the jab or not being medically suitable

Out of curiosity, what are the indicators for unsuitability then? Are the prospective recipients informed of this prior to arriving or assessed on presentation?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Out of curiosity, what are the indicators for unsuitability then? Are the prospective recipients informed of this prior to arriving or assessed on presentation?

Covid within last 4 weeks
Previous anaphylaxis events
Carrying an epipen.
Pregnant
Trying to get pregnant
End of life care (relevant in care homes
Seriously unwell.
Cooperation

On assessment.

I dont watch the news or read papers, but apparently this happened...
1611046380829.png

And now this is the story doing the rounds about DR Collins....

lorries.jpg

If true, the SNP really are a bigger bunch of tossers than I thought.

View attachment 540773

View attachment 540774

Tbh I dont really understand the particular issue as its all a bit confusing between some people saying the actual Brexit deal is deficient and others saying it was a lack of prep by scotgov/fishing agencies for the new paperwork/procedures but I would be amazed if it cannot be solved relatively quickly.

But, if it cant I would fully expect the Scottish shellfish people to be actively seeking new markets outwith the EU. Likewise, when the French do their normal shenanigans that start effecting our imports, I would expect importers to be looking for alternative sources around the world for those affected items.

Like I say, I am not offlay with this particular issue but highly suspect that the SNP took their eyes of the ball in their determination to stop Brexit and not properly prepare in the obvious event they would fail.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Tbh I dont really understand the particular issue as its all a bit confusing between some people saying the actual Brexit deal is deficient and others saying it was a lack of prep by scotgov/fishing agencies for the new paperwork/procedures but I would be amazed if it cannot be solved relatively quickly.

But, if it cant I would fully expect the Scottish shellfish people to be actively seeking new markets outwith the EU. Likewise, when the French do their normal shenanigans that start effecting our imports, I would expect importers to be looking for alternative sources around the world for those affected items.

Like I say, I am not offlay with this particular issue but highly suspect that the SNP took their eyes of the ball in their determination to stop Brexit and not properly prepare in the obvious event they would fail.
I highly suspect the ScotGov did very little to prep for Brexit and just blame Westminster for their abject failings. It has been noted by several commentators, but not very loudly, that a lot of the Covid support money sent to Scotland has not been spent/ distributed by ScotGov - no explanation from the First Minister other than to say that money is "live", whatever that means.

View attachment 540773

View attachment 540774

So we have a French government owned courier causing problems with exports and now we find out a major SNP donor is behind Brexit bad news.

Funnily enough, it was only June last year that they were expanding their business into Europe more.

The cynic in me is saying the DR Collins has contacts in place to buy product from fisherman but is finding that with most of Europe in lockdown and it’s restaurants closed, it’s market has dried up. Never mind. We’ll blame something else to stop us loosing out on our contracts .

Latest Threads