Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I saw somewhere today 50% of over 80s in England vaccinated only 10% up here. or for every 17 vaccinated in England only 1 in Scotland
"The answer appears to be yes.
But it is because it has pursued a different strategy, with Scotland making sure that care home residents and healthcare staff were at the top of the list."

Tyk

LE
We've had more than enough NHS staff to administer the amount of vaccine received.

And are mobilising and redeploying more.

Am not sure what capacity they would be needed for.

Unless we are suddenly going to be given huge amounts of the stuff.

The obvious best use for MOD resources (if you have enough staff to administer) is logistics and filling in gaps where there may not be enough qualified people behind the syringes, Scotland isn't that populated, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

I do wonder if Westminster has the power to require a proper, thorough audit of how the Covid funding has been deployed by the SNP (sorry Scottish Government), I suspect that there could be some very red faces if there was one.

Was chatting to a friend of ours yesterday, care assistant of many years standing, she got hers on Saturday.

Meanwhile elsewhere, they have started to vaccinate the over 70's and high-risk younger people.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Stable door and all that.......

Not at all, slightly different planning.

There have many reports that care homes are a significant risk during Covid. And the death rates would support that.

We have prioritised Care Homes.

Unless you think that they should not be done first?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It is a question of vaccine supply rather than our ability to vaccinate.

This time last week we had enough vaccine to administer in 2 care homes a day. . (that's for residents and staff)

This has increased over the week

Today we are going out to 7 care homes as we have more vaccine available.

I realise that may not sound much but that is just one part of a health Board's area. It is repeated across many other areas within Health Boards.

The numbers given recently have been increasing rapidly.

In my experience prior to Xmas only a few NHS colleagues had received it.
Since then we are really getting into care homes and the over 80s via GPs.
Near enough all of GG&C have had at least one jab now, and that's 38,000 staff. Had mine last week.

Not at all, slightly different planning.

There have many reports that care homes are a significant risk during Covid. And the death rates would support that.

We have prioritised Care Homes.

Unless you think that they should not be done first?
The point I was, rather clumsily, trying to make was that in the first outbreak it was care homes which suffered most deaths. Perhaps 'lessons have been learned'?
Where I live in Engerland care homes and their associated carers were top priority and they're pretty much done in this area. Moving on to the over 70's and those with significant health problems now. Expecting mine in March/April time.

I really hope that the powers that be realise that most of the population would be quite happy to receive their jag on a 24/7 basis - if the local surgery asked me to attend at 0300hrs then I would not complain and neither would anyone else I've asked that question of in recent days

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The obvious best use for MOD resources (if you have enough staff to administer) is logistics and filling in gaps where there may not be enough qualified people behind the syringes, Scotland isn't that populated, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

I do wonder if Westminster has the power to require a proper, thorough audit of how the Covid funding has been deployed by the SNP (sorry Scottish Government), I suspect that there could be some very red faces if there was one.
You say that as though the SNP were capable of embarrassment - how quaintly naive. ;)

I really hope that the powers that be realise that most of the population would be quite happy to receive their jag on a 24/7 basis - if the local surgery asked me to attend at 0300hrs then I would not complain and neither would anyone else I've asked that question of in recent days
Have you spoken to anyone who would be providing the jag? How many of them are available and happy to do it?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Have you spoken to anyone who would be providing the jag? How many of them are available and happy to do it?
I have no doubt that the meedya will find some Trades Union people to tell us how hard done to they are, while in the background the majority just get on with it!

BTW, would these people you imply would be unhappy to work on a Nightshift be any different from the nurses who do nightshifts in hospitals as a normal part of their working life?

I have no doubt that the meedya will find some Trades Union people to tell us how hard done to they are, while in the background the majority just get on with it!

BTW, would these people you imply would be unhappy to work on a Nightshift be any different from the nurses who do nightshifts in hospitals as a normal part of their working life?
A lot of them are nurses.

I haven't implied anything. I was trying to find out if there's enough staff to provide the additional resources required. I assume the nurses working nights are doing so because they are already busy, or else why would they be there.

Latest Threads