Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

This is clearly the start, as anticipated, of the Tories and BoJo showing the grief mongers for what they are with the added bonus they (SNP) will have little control of what the cash is spent on which means their ineptitude will be highlighted and they will have no control over it.

The quote says it all.....

‘Mr Barclay wrote to the Scottish finance secretary: "While I recognise the devolved Scottish government has an important role to play, the overwhelming majority of Covid support to businesses and people across the UK is and will continue to be delivered through the UK Treasury.
"It is disappointing that your letter and your public comments generally fail to mention the depth of support that has been available and continues to be provided".’

mrboo

LE
I'm all in for funding to bypass the SNP so that it gets spent correctly - any entity running an annual deficit to GDP of 15Bn is obviously incapable of allocating funds correctly
John Swinney is not happy . This is taken from his twitter

Snap 2021-01-16 at 18.02.30.png

John Swinney is not happy . This is taken from his twitter

View attachment 539930

Personally, I believe that devolution has been a failure, The original idea sounded good on paper but then the politicians got involved with their particular ideologies plus the added layer of civil service running devolved depts. and it was a recipe for disaster. It has been worse for us in Scotland due to the SNP dominance and a non existent opposition which has led to the SNP having a free reign when a less dominant party in power would have been forced to moderate its more extreme policies and/or be held to account on its failures - it goes without saying that the media have not done their job either in scrutinizing the govt

Personally, I believe that devolution has been a failure, The original idea sounded good on paper but then the politicians got involved with their particular ideologies plus the added layer of civil service running devolved depts. and it was a recipe for disaster. It has been worse for us in Scotland due to the SNP dominance and a non existent opposition which has led to the SNP having a free reign when a less dominant party in power would have been forced to moderate its more extreme policies and/or be held to account on its failures - it goes without saying that the media have not done their job either in scrutinizing the govt
In fairness it only came about because Labour thought they’d never lose, but yes 100% correct.

Just imagine if Queen Nicola and her merry band on incompetents would focus just a little bit of all their hatred and bigotry into governing the country correctly! perhaps our education system, nhs and police might not be the laughing stock they currently are. Just goes to show that politicians ideology, dogma and fanaticism have nothing at all to do with serving the people they are supposed to represent

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Setting up a ‘college’ would not be cheap and no political party in the UK is awash with funds so I would think that there is only one answer.
Then I hope this is picked up and investigated by the opposition Parties.

The whole point of devolution was to weaken national institutions and make nation states more pliable for the EU, anything else is just marketing

The quality of MP's at Westminster is bad enough, devolution has shown it is possible to much worse

Latest Threads