Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

Seadog

ADC
Candidates to succeed Richard Leonard as leader of Scottish Labour are:
A) a guide dog
B) a wet blanket
C) a lame duck

However Labour are calling for a real change in leadership.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It’s behind a paywall. Give us the gist.
Sorry.. The idiot named at least one of the complainants in the Salmond case against a Court Order. Is now being done for Contempt of Court and so far his fund raiser has managed to achieve the giddy height of £275 of a £5k target.

"
A Scottish nationalist activist is due in court after allegedly revealing the identity of a woman who made claims of sexual assault against Alex Salmond.

Clive Thomson, of Rosyth, Fife, has launched an online appeal to fund his defence after being charged.

A court order was made during the trial of the former first minister making it illegal to identify any of the women who had made allegations against Mr Salmond. He was acquitted of all charges last March.

Mr Thomson is the subject of one of two live proceedings related to the case, with Craig Murray, former UK ambassador to Uzbekistan, currently awaiting trial for alleged contempt of court.

In an online post, Mr Thomson requested financial assistance for his case, saying he required a QC and legal team “regarding a contempt of court charge, over the Alex Salmond case”. As of last night he had raised £275 of a £5,000 target. "

You may also be pleased to hear that the demented idiot Craig Murray is being investigated for the same offence.

Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sorry.. The idiot named at least one of the complainants in the Salmond case against a Court Order. Is now being done for Contempt of Court and so far his fund raiser has managed to achieve the giddy height of £275 of a £5k target.

You may also be pleased to hear that the demented idiot Craig Murray is being investigated for the same offence.
I’m amazed that he’s raised nearly £300. I presume even the dimmest lawyer would tell him that there is no defence.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Candidates to succeed Richard Leonard as leader of Scottish Labour are:
A) a guide dog
B) a wet blanket
C) a lame duck

However Labour are calling for a real change in leadership.

Or as described on Radio Scotland this morning from one of the presenters
"Richard, Oops, I've forgotten his surname"

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Listening to an interesting piece of analysis on the demise of SLab.

Basically whilst Scottish politics has shifted its axis into Yes/No, SLab have totally failed to realign to this and are futilely trying to fight a Left/Right political battle.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ooops good job she is finishing soon

Scotland's health secretary may have broken the ministerial code by revealing the location of a secret vaccine storage facility, the Scottish Conservatives have claimed.

Jeane Freeman disclosed details of the facility during a question and answer session with MSPs at Holyrood on Wednesday.

Covid in Scotland: Freeman accused of breaching ministerial code - BBC News

Not so good after UKGov made ScotGov withdraw their vaccine plan due to commercially sensitive material in it.(amount of vaccine production)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just read in the Daily Express that there are rumours Gordon Brown is going to throw his hat in the ring as SLab leader - doesn't explain where he would win a seat as an MSP but nonetheless, even though I detest the man with a passion after what he did to ruin the country, I think he would be good against Sturgeon/SNP and put the frighteners into them

Just read in the Daily Express that there are rumours Gordon Brown is going to throw his hat in the ring as SLab leader - doesn't explain where he would win a seat as an MSP but nonetheless, even though I detest the man with a passion after what he did to ruin the country, I think he would be good against Sturgeon/SNP and put the frighteners into them
That is actually an entertaining thought and I would vote for him in that role

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He was suggested by others, not himself, as a unity candidate who was neither a Corbynite or a Starmer follower. Allegedly still has a degree of gravita and following among Labour supporters who feel he was shafted by Blair

jockpopeye

Swinger
Despite the fact that he comes with some history, the pretendy parliament could use a recognisable name and a heavy hitter to land a few figurative blows on the FM. I think that this would probably be a good thing.

Latest Threads