Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Politics Thread

I can not comment on every health board.

But the vaccine is only trickling into the country.

We are working off the Joint Committee on Vaccine and Immunisation list which has produced a priority list.*

As such we are giving the first doses to vaccinators, then care home residents and staff.

We are having to go around the various care homes which takes time. I was pat of a team of 6 today. By the time the vaccine was released from pharmacy, then travelled to care home, set up, vaccinated 90 staff and residents it was the end of the day.

Each Health Board is getting a share of the vaccine as it is available, they then distribute it as appropriate. we have had some GP practices get some up here but only because we are at capacity with care home vaccinations. The GP practices are then vaccinating their own staff first and then calling in all over 80s. Was at an GP practice Tuesday, they received a few dpses on Monday for staff, then 200 doses on Tuesday morning, they were only expecting 100, so could expand their clinic quite dramatically.

Monday I was in a practice doing dentistry but helped oversee the installation of their fridge in preparation for vaccine arriving this week.

It is looking as if we have overcome the issues with storage of Pfizer vaccine but it will probably be kept for Health Board use for now, with the easier stored AZ vaccine being dispensed to GPs when it comes up here.

This priority list is as follows:
  • residents in a care home for older adults and their carers.
  • all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers.
  • all those 75 years of age and over.
  • all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals.
  • all those 65 years of age and over.
  • all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality.
  • all those 60 years of age and over.
  • all those 55 years of age and over.
Brilliant................we have a source............shhhhhh :cool:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Brilliant................we have a source............shhhhhh :cool:

Only for as long as my HQ deem it does not interfere with "essential dental services"

The ones that they were happy to shut down for months and I had to fight to reopen. And even then, they are only open for emergency not routine treatment.

mrboo

War Hero
Just seen this
James Hamilton QC ( Director of Public Prosecutions )
Has decided to expand his ministerial code investigation of Nicola Sturgeon to include whether she misled Parliament.

So the bookies are saying Kate Forbes for next FM

Just seen this
James Hamilton QC ( Director of Public Prosecutions )
Has decided to expand his ministerial code investigation of Nicola Sturgeon to include whether she misled Parliament.
So the bookies are saying Kate Forbes for next FM

Christ! That would be a swift ascent! She was nowt until the creepy wee paedo got caught and half resigned. What would that be? A couple of years from nothing to FM? Not sure she has the personality to drag the party back together though.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Christ! That would be a swift ascent! She was nowt until the creepy wee paedo got caught and half resigned. What would that be? A couple of years from nothing to FM? Not sure she has the personality to drag the party back together though.
Fun to watch though.

Are you kidding, this is an excellent opportunity for the SNP to capitalise on the popularity and success of Jacinda Ardern with their own home grown version. As per usual, SNP looking about for inspiration from outside Scotland, I mean, how could they possibly miss out on all the amazing articles about powerful, young, female leaders?

Not me being cynical about their potential motives, no siree.

Knowing how Salmond operates it will be a tactical move. I’m sure he said the other day he wanted St Nic to appear first.

I suspect he may have something he sees as a smoking gun up his sleeve, which I actually hope he does as Sturgeon needs gone, a fair number of Nats are forming that opinion as well

Much as I dislike him and think he was guilty of ‘sex pestery’ I also dislike Sturgeon the tactics that she has apparently deployed to maintain her grip on control of the party.

The fact that I think along with her cronies she’s an overpaid failure who has done a shite job for Scotland which hasn’t improved under her stewardship might cloud my judgement though.

Anyway...... they’re both lying cnuts in my book and both deserve everything they get.

Actually. If we're really lucky we'll see a schism in the SNP and some serious adult politicians take over.

Knowing how Salmond operates it will be a tactical move. I’m sure he said the other day he wanted St Nic to appear first.

I suspect he may have something he sees as a smoking gun up his sleeve, which I actually hope he does as Sturgeon needs gone, a fair number of Nats are forming that opinion as well

Much as I dislike him and think he was guilty of ‘sex pestery’ I also dislike Sturgeon the tactics that she has apparently deployed to maintain her grip on control of the party.

The fact that I think along with her cronies she’s an overpaid failure who has done a shite job for Scotland which hasn’t improved under her stewardship might cloud my judgement though.

Anyway...... they’re both lying cnuts in my book and both deserve everything they get.
Chasing skirt is all fun and fair until you overstep that line everyone knows is there.
He got away with his actions, the committee is trying to ascertain why who how and if it wouldn’t have been quicker slipping a pillow over his face while he was having a Shite.

Exactly what they need, no scandal or baggage that we know of, can keep her mouth shut and not much life experience so easily moulded. Ticks the boxes for a successful politician.

Remember the nose picker Black was the next shining light in the SNP until she was allowed out to play unaccompanied/supervised.

Well, that built up to a nice crescendo.
:D

edit

Last edited:
Chasing skirt is all fun and fair until you overstep that line everyone knows is there.
He got away with his actions, the committee is trying to ascertain why who how and if it wouldn’t have been quicker slipping a pillow over his face while he was having a Shite.
But this really is now just a continuation of internal SNP power struggle between the once Jedi Master and his Padawan.

You've never been to Peterheid in January, then?
Actually.....................I drove up there to deliver a couple of pictures someone ordered from me, but needed delivered yesterday. It was summer, but felt like January further south. Couldn't identify the correct place so I stopped to ask a couple of lasses (my wife was sitting the passenger seat of our almost new sports convertible)......I am sure you will have heard those stories about always getting chatted up when your bloody spouse is around. She was sitting in the seat right next to me and might well have been invisible. The two birds were no older than 18 (if that) and well, didn't matter what age I was..............not in that car, not in Frazerburgh at 7pm at night..........mad.

NSP

LE
I can not comment on every health board.

But the vaccine is only trickling into the country.

We are working off the Joint Committee on Vaccine and Immunisation list which has produced a priority list.*

As such we are giving the first doses to vaccinators, then care home residents and staff.

We are having to go around the various care homes which takes time. I was pat of a team of 6 today. By the time the vaccine was released from pharmacy, then travelled to care home, set up, vaccinated 90 staff and residents it was the end of the day.

Each Health Board is getting a share of the vaccine as it is available, they then distribute it as appropriate. we have had some GP practices get some up here but only because we are at capacity with care home vaccinations. The GP practices are then vaccinating their own staff first and then calling in all over 80s. Was at an GP practice Tuesday, they received a few dpses on Monday for staff, then 200 doses on Tuesday morning, they were only expecting 100, so could expand their clinic quite dramatically.

Monday I was in a practice doing dentistry but helped oversee the installation of their fridge in preparation for vaccine arriving this week.

It is looking as if we have overcome the issues with storage of Pfizer vaccine but it will probably be kept for Health Board use for now, with the easier stored AZ vaccine being dispensed to GPs when it comes up here.

This priority list is as follows:
  • residents in a care home for older adults and their carers.
  • all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers.
  • all those 75 years of age and over.
  • all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals.
  • all those 65 years of age and over.
  • all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality.
  • all those 60 years of age and over.
  • all those 55 years of age and over.
So if you're undeer 55 you can whistle and take your chances, is it...?

Chances of finding a serious adult politician in Scotland are slim to sweet bugger all.

Maybe Jimmy Krankie taking over, would anyone notice the difference?

Latest Threads