Scottish Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fang_Farrier, Feb 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you don't have a valid code of practice ready at this stage then, unfortunately, you make it look like you don't have a scooby regarding what you are doing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The pilot scheme has been running for well over a decade.

And despite the debacle, we've changed absolutely nothing and are still working on named persons, GIRFEC, and all the information sharing with it.

3. Yet there still isn't a basic code of practice for the national scheme, and when you are trying to get the scheme in place ASAP then that is inexcusable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fang_Farrier

There has been obviously been guidance, policy and procedures in place for years.

The issue at present is working in the objections around information sharing that was the subject of the European court case.

5. And how long ago did that issue crop up and why have they not figured out how to incorporate it into the plans by now?

After all, one solution to that issue from over 5 months ago was scrapped PDQ so it's not as if they don't know what the issues are, and if they can't figure out at least a draft code by now then how much longer will this fiasco take?

6. Fang_Farrier

Probably as long as the twats at No2NP object at every twist turn against a proven safe system of child protection

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Except that isn't the issue, is it. This delay has everything to do with the SG trying to push things through whilst not preparing things properly.

Stop making things up as the complaints that caused this delay came from those who would be involved in the scheme, not those against it.

Unless you are going to call the Education and Skills Committee liars. Are you going to do that?

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Episode you refer to shows the state of affairs in the upper echelons of police Scotland there actively looking for opportunities to shop each other in a power struggle that has been bubbling away under the surface since the creation of Police Scotland.

9. Fang_Farrier

The scheme was successfully piloted for over a decade. I would suggest that was more than adequate preparation.

And the SNP are in a minority in that committee. 5 of 11 members.

10. So it's all someone else's fault that the SNP have not done their job properly.

It matters not how long trials have run, their plan was going to breach Data Protection laws. Protesters didn't decide that, the judges did. That's the SNP's fault and if they did things properly from the start that situation would not have arisen as they were told often enough that the legal problem would arise.

They revised things in such a way it was so buggered up it had to be torn up. That, again, does not lie with those against the scheme, but those who planned it. That's the SNP's fault.

A cross party committee, including a party who was supporting the scheme, have now told the SNP to get their act together because they STILL haven't gotten a properly workable plan for the scheme and that's somehow the fault of everyone else?

Give your head a wobble, for you are in denial over the root cause of this farce, the complete lack of competence in this matter from the SNP. Organisations who would be involved in this scheme are the ones who told the committee that they would not be able to participate without the authoritative code to cover their asses, we're talking teachers unions and the likes of Scottish Womens Aid here and not any "twats from No2NP" here who are saying it's a disaster in the making, but in your VERY closed mind it's all someone else's fault.

I couldn't give a crap over any pilots, the fact is that the preparation has been a farce or we would not have this situation. And that's solely the fault of the Scottish Government, the SNP, no matter how much you close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears and go "LALALALALALALA".

And because of this incompetence, your notion of "protecting children", and I'm still waiting to see evidence that any pilot has saved ONE child from any sort of abuse, is falling further and further to the wayside as thanks to the SNP screwing things up so badly from the start.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fang_Farrier

Aye, obviously you are correct.

Please give us your solution to the problem of how to improve child protection. Given that every inquiry into every death has highlighted the need for more effective information sharing.

Please also state your current involvement in child protection.

For the record, it's part of my day job, I deliver training in it, I have many dealings with looked after children as part of my day job.
    In my spare time, I foster, mainly neo natal abstinence but not entirely, which makes me privy to the chronology of those children including the information sharing under GIRFEC.
    I am the child protection officer for a rugby club and have written the child protection policy for several clubs.
    Tiny miss F, due to her needs has a child plan, and without GIRFEC and the benefits of her named person would not be receiving the support she needs without us having to approach multiple agencies on an individual basis.

That's where "my notion" of protecting children comes from.

I can directly compare it to the system for adults, where there is no central contact in the form of a named person and see the risks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. So nothing to do with how the SNP have screwed it all up then, just attack someone for daring to disagree with you.

As expected.

13. Fang_Farrier

What? No long winded smart arse answer when you suddenly realise that the person you are trying to argue your case with might actually know what they are talking about?

As expected.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Two guesses who this is:

two-children-shouting-at-each-other.jpg